For the poor souls NOT attending PJ20

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited August 2011
    voidofman wrote:
    going to the cottage with my wife and two awesome daughters. am I the only one that doesn't really care about PJ20?

I wouldn't say I don't care, just don't want to spend a whole bunch of money travelling to see them. It would cost more getting there than it would for tickets. (I'm sure that's the same for everyone though)

this^^

EDIT: However, I must say I am seeing then in Hamilton. So it all evens out for me. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    going to the cottage with my wife and two awesome daughters. am I the only one that doesn't really care about PJ20?
    I doubt it.

While I wouldn't say that I don't care, it was never really on my radar and I'm not grieving over it. (Missing ACL fest this year, now THAT is a disappointment.) But I think a thread or 2 for non-attendees has some fun potential. Seems like almost everything on this board becomes some kind of event, so why not celebrate the non-event? :lol:;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    hey shoopa-loop!

Can we go to KFC?
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    well a couple weeks ago when i attempted to do a lil something to cheer myself up about not going i accidently stabbed myself in the palm...so i won't be doing that again :wtf:

think i'll just resign myself that most everything's gonna suck about the coming week, including not being @ pj20.... but @ least i get to look forward to seeing 'em in vancouver :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • voidofman wrote:
    I guess since I have EV solo and PJ proper bookending my summer, that's all I really needed.

and besides Queens, the other bands don't turn my crank at ALL.

I haven't seen the Jam live yet, I lived in vancouver and they rarely ever were up there, I was busy working or anti-social to realize they even were in town. Then I moved to Georgia a few years ago and found out they hardly ever come here either. Oh well, at least I met Eddie and got to talk with him for an hour some years ago.

hardly ever in Vancouver? dude, try living in Winnipeg. counting this upcoming show, 3 times in 20 years!

met eddie and talked for an hour? how did you get his ear for that long?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    hardly ever in Vancouver? dude, try living in Winnipeg. counting this upcoming show, 3 times in 20 years!

I think in the 12 years I lived in vancouver they were only there for 4 shows, one was a radio contest show.

Don't know if you want to read the whole thing but this is a post I made on meeting him: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=141085&start=60

Footnotes are that I met him in Whistler because a friend of mine who was a busboy at a local club was hanging out with him the night before and asked him to come back the next night to meet a few of his friends.
  • voidofman wrote:

I think in the 12 years I lived in vancouver they were only there for 4 shows, one was a radio contest show.

Don't know if you want to read the whole thing but this is a post I made on meeting him: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=141085&start=60

Footnotes are that I met him in Whistler because a friend of mine who was a busboy at a local club was hanging out with him the night before and asked him to come back the next night to meet a few of his friends.

oh, ok, I remember that thread. awesome read. I think I'll read it again though!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    oh, ok, I remember that thread. awesome read. I think I'll read it again though!
    I'm still floored that he was standing beside me and asked if it was okay that he sat down.
  • voidofman wrote:

4 shows in 12 years is better than most bands frequency I would think. at least in my neck of the woods.
    :)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • voidofman wrote:
    I'm still floored that he was standing beside me and asked if it was okay that he sat down.

well, he is just a normal polite guy like anyone else. but obviously i'd probably pee my pants if he asked me that too. :D
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    4 shows in 12 years is better than most bands frequency I would think. at least in my neck of the woods.

I think they do 4 shows in Seattle every year, lol. And how do you feel about getting the Jets back?
  • voidofman wrote:

I think they do 4 shows in Seattle every year, lol. And how do you feel about getting the Jets back?

(sorry for the thread derailment). at first it didn't phase me at all, not really being a hockey fan (more of a football guy-GO BOMBERS). But I think I'm falling for all the hype. I won't be going to any games, unless friends of mine can't use their seasons, but I'll watch on tv. and I dig the logo, so I'll buy a shirt and hat probably.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • it's funny, as I didn't even realize it was already this weekend until I saw "Stone's" facebook post that it was 6 days away.

I wonder if Dimitris is already there........
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    prism wrote:
    well a couple weeks ago when i attempted to do a lil something to cheer myself up about not going i accidently stabbed myself in the palm...so i won't be doing that again :wtf:

think i'll just resign myself that most everything's gonna suck about the coming week, including not being @ pj20.... but @ least i get to look forward to seeing 'em in vancouver :)

Damn. I can't go.. but instead I think I'll stab myself in the palm by accident.

THERE, that's better!
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Rolling wrote:
    prism wrote:

Damn. I can't go.. but instead I think I'll stab myself in the palm by accident.

THERE, that's better!

there was also ensuing partial nerve damage to my finger...

yep... i really knows how to celebrate :P
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    It ain't a party until there's ensuing partial nerve damage! that's what I always say!
  • MikeackMikeack Posts: 562
    Dang Dang wrote:
    It ain't a party until there's ensuing partial nerve damage! that's what I always say!
    waking up six months later trans-gender and heavily tattooed also means it was a heavy one! :shock:
    ADVERTISE your business in my signature space. TOP RATES for limited time only!! lol
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,954
    voidofman wrote:
    I guess since I have EV solo and PJ proper bookending my summer, that's all I really needed.

and besides Queens, the other bands don't turn my crank at ALL.

I haven't seen the Jam live yet, I lived in vancouver and they rarely ever were up there, I was busy working or anti-social to realize they even were in town. Then I moved to Georgia a few years ago and found out they hardly ever come here either. Oh well, at least I met Eddie and got to talk with him for an hour some years ago.
    Dude, please dont. Pearl Jam , PJ, "the boys" (although some object) but NEVER "the Jam" . You just might find yourself the subject of a post in a thread posted by dcfaithful. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Post deleted by Admin
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Dude, please dont. Pearl Jam , PJ, "the boys" (although some object) but NEVER "the Jam" . You just might find yourself the subject of a post in a thread posted by dcfaithful. :mrgreen:
    I felt like a rat fuck calling them the Jam and nearly corrected myself. haha!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I thought I would be more upset about not going but it's really not bothering me.

As I've always said, I'm in Philly, they'll be back here in no time. :D

And after experiencing the earthquake and the hurricane all in the last week, I don't need the stress of a road trip right now. :lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Studying for the Intro to Analysis and Linear Algebra courses I'm taking :shock: (One of the reasons I couldn't go)

But I'll be checking in here and if there is any webcast I'll be watching.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    ummm yeah. Just had an offer from someone here that would allow me to go. Flabbergasted is the word that comes to mind. Need to think this over. Inclined to say no.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ummm yeah. Just had an offer from someone here that would allow me to go. Flabbergasted is the word that comes to mind. Need to think this over. Inclined to say no.

mickey...say YES!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

mickey...say YES!

gotta go with Lisa, Mickey.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Not going, shall spend the weekend weeping ;)
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

mickey...say YES!

gotta go with Lisa, Mickey.
    Have to talk this over with my girlfriend. Have a lot of stuff here that needs attention. Her brakes for starters. I need 2 new tires. Lawnmower is shot. Tired of being in debt.

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    As i live in scotland, so PJ will be taking the stage 3.30am my time, i'll no doubt be going about my day as usual, then going to bed as usual, then get up in the morning and check out the set list whilst sipping my coffee and thinking, damn those lucky buggers, then go about my day as usual on the sunday and do the same for monday morning, I could be tempted to go to bed earlyish on the sunday and get about around 3am to play along with a set list thread as i'm on holiday, see how i feel.

however if the do decide on a last minute webcast or something, thats a different kettle of fish.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    Simply cannot go. Sucks to say this and coming from ME of all people, but it wouldn't be the most repsponsible thing to do. FUCK!!!!!