For the poor souls NOT attending PJ20

tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Roll call.

What will you be doing to distract yourselves?

I for one have heaps planned. It's my son's 4th birthday on Saturday, so I'll have a bunch of pre schoolers tearing up my house. Then off to my hubbys rugby prize giving on Sat night - to drown my sorrows. And Sunday is Fathers day here.
all you need is love, love is all you need
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I am one of the poor souls :(

But, I will be seeing them 4 times in September so I don't feel THAT bad about it!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Not sure that we have anything planned yet......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I'm getting a haircut saturday.

We're taking the kids out stand-up paddleboarding on Sunday.

Monday, prep for the first day of school on tuesday.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Thanks to tinkerbell for starting this thread for us poor unfortunates! :lol:

As far as I know, I'll work on staying out of the unbelievable heat we're having here. Maybe my prince and I will take in a movie.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Thanks to tinkerbell for starting this thread for us poor unfortunates! :lol:

As far as I know, I'll work on staying out of the unbelievable heat we're having here. Maybe my prince and I will take in a movie.

your prince - that is so sweet! :D
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,954
    Will probably be in bed all weekend, crying because I was supposed to go but couldnt. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Having a party over here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=165519

And babysitting.... :(
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Home depot. Bed bath and beyond. Hopefully I'll have enough time.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    me

wedding sat and surf contest sunday..it wont enter my mind till i come on here and see set
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,821
    watching it on the webcast? :?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156865
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm used to not seeing Pearl Jam live. They haven't played here since the Riot Act Tour, and I haven't seen them since. It's just yet another show in the long line of shows I haven't been to. I saw them a lot of times between '96 and '03, so I'll live. And there won't be any need to distract myself, not being there is old hat to me. Besides, I have plenty scheduled that weekend, I probably won't even see or hear anything about it, or have time to think about it, until it's over with anyway.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I'm not going, but I don't consider myself a poor soul. I'm not big on outdoor shows in the middle of nowhere. Besides, I'm seeing pj 3 times next month. I consider myself lucky.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I'm not going, but I don't consider myself a poor soul. I'm not big on outdoor shows in the middle of nowhere. Besides, I'm seeing pj 3 times next month. I consider myself lucky.

you made out the best

srew wisconsin...$2500 to go there...ive seen them 75 + times and many epic shows....i would much rather be in your shoes....u did the right thing big time
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I'm not going, but I don't consider myself a poor soul. I'm not big on outdoor shows in the middle of nowhere. Besides, I'm seeing pj 3 times next month. I consider myself lucky.

you made out the best

srew wisconsin...$2500 to go there...ive seen them 75 + times and many epic shows....i would much rather be in your shoes....u did the right thing big time

Yeah I would much rather see them indoors. No way I would have travelled to Wisconsin for this. I'll wait for them to come to me. :mrgreen: Plus, I should have great seats at 2 of the 3 shows(I did last Canadian tour).

Last time I went to an outdoor gig was when pj headlined Virgin Fest in Calgary '09. Saw them at Canada Olympic Park and I swore it would be the last time I'd go to one of those; it's just not my scene. I don't wish I was going to PJ20 in the least.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'll be moving out of my house on Saturday, and trying to figure out where the hell I'm going to sleep on Sunday.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I am one of the poor souls :(

But, I will be seeing them 4 times in September so I don't feel THAT bad about it!

Me, too. No, WI... but four times in Canada! This weekend we will be hanging with friends and the kids and all will enjoy PJ at our house. A webcast would be nice, but we will probably follow a thread that lists the sets and find the tune to listen too on our extensive bootleg collection.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am not attending PJ20. :(

I am glad for those who are going. Seriously. :mrgreen:

I will live vicariously through them until I seen PJ in Hamilton. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    For some reason we might finally have a free weekend for the first time in what seems like years. No plans as yet but I'm sure something will come up. Next weekend is our 2nd anniversary, no plans for that either, for some reason we don't talk about it, like we want to surprise each other.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Gonna be a tough weekend, not with my family in Israel celebrating my cousin's wedding and won't be with my PJ family in Alpine. But it's Labor Day Weekend at the University of Maryland-- I'm sure I'll find something to do! :D:lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam wrote:
    Gonna be a tough weekend, not with my family in Israel celebrating my cousin's wedding and won't be with my PJ family in Alpine. But it's Labor Day Weekend at the University of Maryland-- I'm sure I'll find something to do! :D:lol:

Stay safe!
  • I am so distraught at not being able to attend this event that at precisely 9:30 on
    Saturday night I will slip a noose around my neck and hang myself from the rafters.

This has got to be one of the most over-hyped events to ever take place.

poor soul indeed.
  • Home depot. Bed bath and beyond. Hopefully I'll have enough time.

sounds like a nice little saturday.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

You know what, I'll do one...
  • going to the cottage with my wife and two awesome daughters. am I the only one that doesn't really care about PJ20?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • voidofman wrote:

You know what, I'll do one...

FILL IT UP AGAIN. it's so good when it hits your LIPS!!!

FrankTheTank.jpg
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    going to the cottage with my wife and two awesome daughters. am I the only one that doesn't really care about PJ20?

I wouldn't say I don't care, just don't want to spend a whole bunch of money travelling to see them. It would cost more getting there than it would for tickets. (I'm sure that's the same for everyone though)

FILL IT UP AGAIN. it's so good when it hits your LIPS!!!

WE'RE GOING STREAKING!!

streaking.jpg
  • voidofman wrote:
    going to the cottage with my wife and two awesome daughters. am I the only one that doesn't really care about PJ20?

I wouldn't say I don't care, just don't want to spend a whole bunch of money travelling to see them. It would cost more getting there than it would for tickets. (I'm sure that's the same for everyone though)

I guess since I have EV solo and PJ proper bookending my summer, that's all I really needed.

and besides Queens, the other bands don't turn my crank at ALL.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • hey shoopa-loop!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I guess since I have EV solo and PJ proper bookending my summer, that's all I really needed.

and besides Queens, the other bands don't turn my crank at ALL.

I haven't seen the Jam live yet, I lived in vancouver and they rarely ever were up there, I was busy working or anti-social to realize they even were in town. Then I moved to Georgia a few years ago and found out they hardly ever come here either. Oh well, at least I met Eddie and got to talk with him for an hour some years ago.