Hurricane Irene

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    another one on the way...

and another 7 after that

http://www.stormpulse.com

i think you should freeze all the food you bought.

nah i told u im going away fro 2 weeks..ill bring some to work and feed my doorman the stuff that will go bad..its all good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572

and another 7 after that

i think you should freeze all the food you bought.

nah i told u im going away fro 2 weeks..ill bring some to work and feed my doorman the stuff that will go bad..its all good

FREEZE IT! :x
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

and another 7 after that

the meat of course....i meant cold cuts and that type of stuff
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

the meat of course....i meant cold cuts and that type of stuff

give the cold cuts to metsfan
    www.myspace.com
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    We have lots of sleepiness as half our town still without power... We lucked out
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Mr. Unlost and the FEMA search and rescue team are in Vermont. Who would have thought that a hurricane would cause such damage in a state that's not even on the coast...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    I still do not have power. There are still bunch of roads that are not passable. Traffic lights are out.
    The storm may not have lived up to the hype in NYC, but the only time I have seen this many trees down was when a freakish tornado hit a few towns over. By the way, instant coffee sucks. :lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    sucks not having power. thank god my complex opened the rec hall for the day/night
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    I work in Fairfield (NJ) and the company I work for has been closed - no cops are allowing businesses in or out of the area, only residents - not sure yet if I am going in tomorrow but doesn't look good. You would think great, a week off, BUT I am hoping I will not have to come in for the holiday weekend. Already have plans to head to the shore. I will not be happy :x
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    I have been living in my house now for 18yrs and we have never lost power for more than 8hrs and now i'm going on 36hrs i'd say this storm was pretty substantial ....

my parents went about 20 hours without power. just came on this afternoon. that's happened to them before...the storm was definitely substantial. that's not the point though.

yeah i know your point of view is allways the one that matters most around here :oops: or that the phills will win the WS this yr i mean how could they not :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    still without power. just really fucking sucks and im just so very much depressed to no end.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    metsfan wrote:
    still without power. just really fucking sucks and im just so very much depressed to no end.

that blows. good luck man hope it comes back on there soon. id love to see those that were diminishing this storm answer to you on here now. and saw a report where this is going to be one of the most expsensive storms by damages ever in the USA. i wonder if the juggler will dimish that stat somehow.
    pjhawks wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

that blows. good luck man hope it comes back on there soon. id love to see those that were diminishing this storm answer to you on here now. and saw a report where this is going to be one of the most expsensive storms by damages ever in the USA. i wonder if the juggler will dimish that stat somehow.

what are you talking about? why do you care what i think about it? :? i feel the same way 4 days after the storm ended as i did 1 day after it ended. we all knew people would be out of power for quite a while and we all knew it would cause a lot of damage. i never said it wasnt a big storm. as far as tropical storms/nor'easter's go, this was pretty big.

it sucks but like 81 said, they had a storm out there recently that caused about 900,000 to lose power for a week. somehow you didn't hear too much about that.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

what are you talking about? why do you care what i think about it? :? i feel the same way 4 days after the storm ended as i did 1 day after it ended. we all knew people would be out of power for quite a while and we all knew it would cause a lot of damage. i never said it wasnt a big storm. as far as tropical storms/nor'easter's go, this was pretty big.

it sucks but like 81 said, they had a storm out there recently that caused about 900,000 to lose power for a week. somehow you didn't hear too much about that.

3rd most expensive storm in US history. you said it was overhyped and nothing more than a glorified rain storm. you were wrong. is it so hard to admit you were wrong?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

in fairness, they didn't all lose it for a week. :lol:

but it took a week to get everyone back up. thankfully ours stayed on. there is something to be said for under ground power lines.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    3rd most expensive storm in US history. you said it was overhyped and nothing more than a glorified rain storm. you were wrong. is it so hard to admit you were wrong?

:shock:

i need a link to that data and the criteria....

upon further review....i guess it will be up that list. guess that is what happens when you hit a heavily populated area.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

why are you so concerned with me? kinda scaring me a little. here is what i said:

obviously its a shame those people died down in carolina and virginia when the storm was an actual legitimate hurricane. fucking thing was a glorified rain storm up here. a huge rain storm. rain and flooding sucks, obviously, but it wasn't this armageddon situation that the media made it out to be...and, thus, thousands of people believed.

floyd back in '99 was worse than this.

i woke up, looked outside and said "that's it?" :? :lol:

by "up here" obviously i was speaking about the philadelphia area. hurricane floyd was worse and was actually a hurricane. this was a nor'easter/tropical storm when it hit us...which is a rain storm. a huge one, as i correctly pointed out.

thing that sucks is the place got hit the worst was vermont and the media barely paid any attention to them as they were so focused on the possibility of lower manhatten being swallowed up and spit out in the atlantic ocean. :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

:shock:

i need a link to that data and the criteria....

upon further review....i guess it will be up that list. guess that is what happens when you hit a heavily populated area.
    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html

top 20...but one of the most expensive category 1's ever though.

what's interesting is the article wonders if the costs of the storm could have been lower with better storm intensity forecasts and fewer evacuations. it also agrees the storm was over hyped...but put the over hype on par with previous hurricanes from the past few years.

by the way---weather underground is a phenomenal website for this type of info.
    www.myspace.com
  • 2.1 million w/ out power in my area
    2.1 million w/ out power in my area

what? you are being extremely liberal with your use of the phrase "my area:"

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 12749.html

In New York, more than 323,000 customers were without electricity, with more than half of them--189,500--served by the Long Island Power Authority.

***In New York City and Westchester County, more than 19,000 customers of Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED) were in the dark Wednesday. ***

i think longest i've been out of power was 3 days maybe? could have been 2. we got hit with some remnants of a hurricane back in '03 or '04. that fucking sucked. remember driving to my parents house to shower for a few days in a row because we didn't have any hot water :x

hopefully everyone gets their power back on asap.
    www.myspace.com
  • 2.1 million w/ out power in my area

what? you are being extremely liberal with your use of the phrase "my area:"

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 12749.html

In New York, more than 323,000 customers were without electricity, with more than half of them--189,500--served by the Long Island Power Authority.

***In New York City and Westchester County, more than 19,000 customers of Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED) were in the dark Wednesday. ***

i think longest i've been out of power was 3 days maybe? could have been 2. we got hit with some remnants of a hurricane back in '03 or '04. that fucking sucked. remember driving to my parents house to shower for a few days in a row because we didn't have any hot water :x

hopefully everyone gets their power back on asap.

i meant new jersey also ..and conn ..upstate ny

just saying their was over 2 million people w/ out power
    here is a NY Times article saying it would be at least one of the Top 10 most expensive at 7 to 10 BILLION in damages. Local news here last night said 3rd most. either way damn big and destructive storm so i don't think it was 'overhyped' as some suggest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/us/31floods.html
    pjhawks wrote:
    here is a NY Times article saying it would be at least one of the Top 10 most expensive at 7 to 10 BILLION in damages. Local news here last night said 3rd most. either way damn big and destructive storm so i don't think it was 'overhyped' as some suggest.

this article is from the tuesday morning new york times. the one i posted was from last night and may have had more updated figures. mine also said the high costs could be due to the innacurate forecasts of the storm's intensity/costs of evacuations. it also agreed that it was overhyped but on par with some of the overhyped storms of the last few years.

oh well. katia's coming! batten down the hatches pjhawks! :lol::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

this article is from the tuesday morning new york times. the one i posted was from last night and may have had more updated figures. mine also said the high costs could be due to the innacurate forecasts of the storm's intensity/costs of evacuations. it also agreed that it was overhyped but on par with some of the overhyped storms of the last few years.

nah Katia's going out to sea so no worries. of course those in vermont and upstate new york without power and roads still don't know that yet.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

nah Katia's going out to sea so no worries. of course those in vermont and upstate new york without power and roads still don't know that yet.

supposed to be breezy tomorrow. better tape up your windows :lol:
    www.myspace.com

can't don't have time as i have to watch that important pre-season game tonight. hope we can establish the run. :|
    pjhawks wrote:

can't don't have time as i have to watch that important pre-season game tonight. hope we can establish the run. :|

who watches the 4th preseason game?? :o:lol:

i think you can skip that one dude. tend to your house.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

not any more..http://www.stormpulse.com/atlantic

wnw

• It's coming right at me!!