Restaurant advice, kinda quick

124»

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Hitten up bean town next wed for the foos concert. Can you inbox me the name of this place?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Hitten up bean town next wed for the foos concert. Can you inbox me the name of this place?

So, this is a bring-your-own-alcohol Italian place on the beach (Poncier, I know you know exactly where I'm talking about). Shirley Street.

I'd ask Ponc since unlost is ignoring the rest of us with pressing questions... :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

So, this is a bring-your-own-alcohol Italian place on the beach (Poncier, I know you know exactly where I'm talking about). Shirley Street.

I'd ask Ponc since unlost is ignoring the rest of us with pressing questions... :roll:

She must be real busy trying to figure out how she can work in "a breath and a scream" into her next cardiovascular seminar monologue.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    RKCNDY wrote:

Place is still up and running...haven't been there myself since the Unlost Roaches Incident of 2011, so no idea if the little buggers are still hanging out on the dinner plates.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    RKCNDY wrote:

She must be real busy trying to figure out how she can work in "a breath and a scream" into her next cardiovascular seminar monologue.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    Its in a small town with 2 roads in/out to the east of Logan...no place you'd end up in if you're going to the Foos.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    RKCNDY wrote:

Last I heard...she had her fingers up a puppet...I have pictures! :o :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Hey, Hey, HEY NOW! Cut that shit out! :evil:

I have not been to the place since, nor have I eaten takeout from it.

I am quite certain Mr. Unlost has gotten takeout there on multiple occasions since The Incident. He hedges when we talk about it, so that's confirmation in my mind.

You will be interested to know that a friend at work purchased a piece of haddock at a high end grocery store, came home, cooked it up for himself and his child, and halfway through notice a fairly large, dead worm curled up in the piece he was eating. Took a photo of it, showed me. This thing was seriously an inch long.

I haven't eaten fish since... :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

• You will be interested to know that a friend at work purchased a piece of haddock at a high end grocery store, came home, cooked it up for himself and his child, and halfway through notice a fairly large, dead worm curled up in the piece he was eating. Took a photo of it, showed me. This thing was seriously an inch long.

I haven't eaten fish since... :?

Hey! Fish need to eat too you know :x :lol:
    Wonder if that was the worm that caught the bugger :think:

Edit: I dont eat seafood. Im a firm believer of "dont shit where you eat" :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• (tortolllini with asparagus _ really excellent)

Stinky pee! :D
    and on the edge of the plate I see a really hopeful-looking roach, waving its antennae and clearly thinking, "Shit, that is some damn fine looking sauce." I flick the roach off _ not quite sure where he landed, but frankly I was into my third glass of red wine at this point, and who gives a shit, right?

I this was quite funny. For a second I thought you'd say you had a conversation with the little bugger. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I this was quite funny. For a second I thought you'd say you had a conversation with the little bugger. ;)

Clearly Mr. Pistachio knows me well.

8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

things without legs are the devils work....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

so you only eat shrimp, crab and lahb-stah...

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i never ate satan's crustaceans!!

RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i never eat satan's crustaceans!!

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i never eat satan's crustaceans!!

well done

:lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    What's the Yelp rating of this place?
    LloydXmas wrote:

she won't tell me the name of it...Pillow Pants knows, so does somebody else, can't remember their name...youngster maybe?

EDIT: found it! http://www.yelp.com/biz/d-parma-restaur ... :d%27parma

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

she won't tell me the name of it...Pillow Pants knows, so does somebody else, can't remember their name...youngster maybe?

EDIT: found it! http://www.yelp.com/biz/d-parma-restaur ... :d%27parma
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5/12/2013
    Fast, clean, delicious and always a pleasure!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the waiter/waitress & kitchen help are probably smoking some good weed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce