weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    western mass got it...so did boston
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    You easterners are funny

;):lol:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Sometime in 1991, someone must have said: The odds of PJ staying together for 20 years are the same as the odds of the east coast having an earth quake!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    My coworkers all felt it _ I was sitting here grooving to "Immortality" on Pandora, writing a report, and never felt a thing!
    How did you feel it and I didn't?

where were you at about 1:50?
    Home. Inside. Nothing shook at all.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Sometime in 1991, someone must have said: The odds of PJ staying together for 20 years are the same as the odds of the east coast having an earth quake!

Holy shit...I just saw a pig fly by my window!!!!
  • Options
    VinylGirl wrote:
    Felt it here in NYC. Just sitting, eating lunch, feel a swaying, say to my friend "you feeling that?",
    as I look over to him for his reply I see him slightly swaying :shock: -guess he felt it.

Can't believe we felt it all the way up from Va, then again , what the hell do I know about seismology?

I could give you some lessons... I live in Chile :D
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

:lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

amateurs.
    ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    :lol:
  • Options
    Felt here in Hamilton, ON...not by me but our local news is reporting it
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    My coworkers all felt it _ I was sitting here grooving to "Immortality" on Pandora, writing a report, and never felt a thing!

How does Pandora feel about that?
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553

How does Pandora feel about that?

All shook up.

Thankyouverymuch.

I'm here all weekend.

Try the veal.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    evacuated
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

we had sept 11 norm.... different feelings over here
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    you'd think a 5.8 would do some damage?

guess not... :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

amateurs.
    ;)

This is our revenge for when everyone laughs at L.A. when the newscasts begin with a "stormwatch"
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

what does that have to do with anything? :? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

Ask your girl.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

what does that have to do with anything? :? :lol:

i think he just means people get freaked easier, especially in ny area.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

amateurs.
    ;)

This is our revenge for when everyone laughs at L.A. when the newscasts begin with a "stormwatch"

Hilarious. Stormwatch.

(I posted this in another thread, but my brother in Virginia said it was pretty scary.)
  • Options

Ask your girl.

:lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Hadn't thought about how something like this strikes folks in NY and DC... until a coworker's family called, frantic about being evacuated from their building in DC.

I was thinking, "What's the big deal?" Then realized... oh yeah, they were in the city on 9/11.

Guess it brought back a lot of terrified feelings. I'm sure having the anniversary coming up understandably has people on edge to begin with.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

Ask your girl.

This joke is even funnier to those who use the metric system!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Not Fun!!! :evil:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    You easterners are funny

from CNN:

"The Pentagon has been evacuated, CNN's Barbara Starr reports. "When the building began shaking rather violently, hundreds of people began streaming out," she said, because many people thought that the building was under attack. Starr was standing in the Pentagon's press office when the roof started to shake."
  • Options
    Hadn't thought about how something like this strikes folks in NY and DC... until a coworker's family called, frantic about being evacuated from their building in DC.

I was thinking, "What's the big deal?" Then realized... oh yeah, they were in the city on 9/11.

Guess it brought back a lot of terrified feelings. I'm sure having the anniversary coming up understandably has people on edge to begin with.

i was in dc for 9/11 but thought today was...an earthquake--and this was after i thought someone was just shaking my desk. :lol: guess i can see your point though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    It was pretty scary, I was in the history cubicle getting ready to donate and the whole floor started shaking. After we evacuated briefly, we were allowed back in.

Had some trouble getting through on phone lines for a bit, but all is well now. I'm surprised they didn't retake my blood pressure before I donated because I sure was shaking there for a bit. :D
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Felt in in Delaware
  • Options
    VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    VinylGirl wrote:
    Felt it here in NYC. Just sitting, eating lunch, feel a swaying, say to my friend "you feeling that?",
    as I look over to him for his reply I see him slightly swaying :shock: -guess he felt it.

Can't believe we felt it all the way up from Va, then again , what the hell do I know about seismology?

I could give you some lessons... I live in Chile :D

Yeah, I bet. There's way too much shaking going on down there :(
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Most people in my dept all walked out of the building that was weird and creepy ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....