Options

Worst Show of The Tour.... Guesses

Comments

• Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    thunderDAN wrote:
    One of the bigger Pearl Jam cities got one of the worst shows in 2006 IMO- Toronto first night... not that many songs, nothing that great, just played..

I would agree with that...definitely the "worst" Pearl Jam show i've been to (but still pretty damn good).

I'd say that the 2nd worst show i've been to was Montreal 00. Again this was kind of a first show where the band had been off for about a month before this one.

I'm going to guess that the "worst" show will be the first one this time around...WPB. No show will suck...but some will be better than others...
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    First there won't be any bad shows, but that not what was really asked. The question is which show will they only be good not thier best.

Personally I hope they all suck being as I will be attending zero! JK

When I go to a show I just want them to keep playing. So my choice for the least good show would be the Beacon show. Unless they do something really special a la Benaroya, it will probably be the shortest and least diverse. I've been to one charity show (Portland '06) and it was certainly good but a couple of nights later they killed (Gorge I '06).

IMO they play a little more reserved at these shows. Could be that they know there's not the usual type crowd with big wigs from the charities in attendence. Just a thought.

Just wanted to add I've been to some show I couldn't wait for the end but NEVER a Pearl Jam show.
    #FHP
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Worst shows will be the ones i'm not attending. The best shows will be both camden and msg shows because i will be attending.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Set 1 Go, Save You, Spin The Black Circle, Even Flow, Daughter, Better Man, Not For You, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, You Are, Thumbing My Way, Given To Fly, Wishlist, Animal, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Last Kiss, Black, Alive
    Encore 2 Soldier Of Love, Leaving Here, Yellow Ledbetter

yyawn

That setlist is absolutely atrocious. What were they thinking? 22 songs? thats not even as many songs as lolla.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    I'm excited for the Florida shows. I did those as a change of pace from going to Philly and Boston. Do I expect the Florida shows to be as good as Philly? No. The crowd plays a HUGE role. I'm expecting straight-forward warm-up sets in Florida. Probably 24-27 songs a night.

I think Columbia could go either way. It just seems like a random place to play, which makes me think we might get one of those weird setlists with a few rarities put in.
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    That setlist is absolutely atrocious. What were they thinking? 22 songs? thats not even as many songs as lolla.

it was cold and it ..... i tell you
    it was horrible

i got mikes hat/beanie at that show

but it still sucked
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    Best thread in a long time ... kudos fairfield.

My guess is Hartford though they'll probably throw something odd in that night just to quell the likelihood.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i have

birmingham 03

cold, short show & greatest hits
    so you were disappointed or you actually had a shitty time and felt it was a waste of money?

even with that set list, which is sub par, i would have probably had a good time. i might have been a little pissed they didn't play a better and longer set, but i wouldn't have had a bad time. a bad time is when you find out your girlfriend cheated on you, not a short, greatest hits pearl jam show.
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    so you were disappointed or you actually had a shitty time and felt it was a waste of money?

even with that set list, which is sub par, i would have probably had a good time. i might have been a little pissed they didn't play a better and longer set, but i wouldn't have had a bad time. a bad time is when you find out your girlfriend cheated on you, not a short, greatest hits pearl jam show.

comparitavely, yeah it was a bad show
    that was the fifth show of the tour and the 5th we had seen and it frenched fat anoose
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    There will be that wildcard show nobody expects much from, but will turn out to be amazing. Perfect example Grand Rapids 06. Nobody could have seen that one coming. Maybe it will be VA Beach.

One of the MSG's will be disappointing. Probably the first one after they kill DC. DC deserves a "make up" show after 06. Some people will swear to high heaven that show was awesome, but it really wasn't.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    amramamram Posts: 13
    I'm excited for the Florida shows. I did those as a change of pace from going to Philly and Boston. Do I expect the Florida shows to be as good as Philly? No. The crowd plays a HUGE role. I'm expecting straight-forward warm-up sets in Florida. Probably 24-27 songs a night.

I think Columbia could go either way. It just seems like a random place to play, which makes me think we might get one of those weird setlists with a few rarities put in.

Here's to hoping that Florida will be the first time they play something we haven't heard. Also, a bad show for me is one that is hurried... Is it just me, or does Evenflow sound much worse than the original because of the rushed tempo? Sometimes I wonder if they're just going through the motions... It's like they have to play that song so Mike can do his noodling... That guy needs to slow down a bit... We get it, you're fast. Or maybe they feel pressured to play too many songs because some of you don't see the value in quality over quantity. I'd much rather have 20 songs especially if they mellow the tempo.

Don't be scared... I know you want to tear me a new one now. I've considered starting a thread on this... it'd be interesting to hear other reasonable opinions...

Stone should solo more often...
    Tony

Austin 95 Albuquerque 98 00 Dallas 98 00 03 Lubbock 00 Phoenix 03 SanAntonio 03 WestPalm 03 08 Philly 06 DC 06 LosAngelesx2 06 Tampa 08 Austin 09

http://twitter.com/R1Guy
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    amram wrote:
    Here's to hoping that Florida will be the first time they play something we haven't heard. Also, a bad show for me is one that is hurried... Is it just me, or does Evenflow sound much worse than the original because of the rushed tempo? Sometimes I wonder if they're just going through the motions... It's like they have to play that song so Mike can do his noodling... That guy needs to slow down a bit... We get it, you're fast. Or maybe they feel pressured to play too many songs because some of you don't see the value in quality over quantity. I'd much rather have 20 songs especially if they mellow the tempo.

Don't be scared... I know you want to tear me a new one now. I've considered starting a thread on this... it'd be interesting to hear other reasonable opinions...

Stone should solo more often...

Yeah, number of songs does not determine a good show. But you are not alone with the fact that a lot of songs are sped up live. Many a thread. I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said.
  • Options
    Hershey 03.. Toronto 05.. Hartford 06.. Nijmegen 07.. those are what i would consider the "sub par" shows of those tours. Im gonna say Columbia will be the turd this time around.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Aside from Bonnaroo?

Are we getting a shitty show? Says who?
    I take some serious offense to that. I think it's going to be a fun filled weekend and Pearl Jam is going to let it rip.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Aside from Bonnaroo?

Are we getting a shitty show? Says who?
    I take some serious offense to that. I think it's going to be a fun filled weekend and Pearl Jam is going to let it rip.

sure...if you like short greatest hits shows
    have a ball
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    bonnaroo set will clearly be the worst. its gonna be the shortest and its gonna have the weakest setlist. a festival set is never as good as a full show, go to the tapes if you want.
  • Options
    Didn't they bust out Lukin at Lollapalooza...Thats hardly Betterman
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    Lukin's a bust out now?
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    Lukin's a bust out now?

Lukin is far away from Yellow Ledbetter in terms of times played. My point is to not dismiss Bonnaroo as some kind of jukebox collection of the first three albums. Even when the play Daughter there is no knowing what kind of sick tag they'll insert. How they play them is still more important than what they play, but you still don't know what kind of surprise they'll throw in.
  • Options
    I just know Camden through MSG will be strong because I will be there.

I dont even think about the other shows. Hope all goes well for everyone but save the best for those 5.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    You can't just say a "Good" show or a "Bad" show.It also depends on the crowd too.They really get their energy off of the crowd.Better crowd=better show.Thats my 2 cents.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    You can't just say a "Good" show or a "Bad" show.It also depends on the crowd too.They really get their energy off of the crowd.Better crowd=better show.Thats my 2 cents.

Thats exactly right. I'd still rather hear Alive with a heavy crowd participation over Undone totally butchered.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Lukin is far away from Yellow Ledbetter in terms of times played. My point is to not dismiss Bonnaroo as some kind of jukebox collection of the first three albums. Even when the play Daughter there is no knowing what kind of sick tag they'll insert. How they play them is still more important than what they play, but you still don't know what kind of surprise they'll throw in.

dismissed
    jukebox

most of the people there ,in the heart of the confederacy, are there to see someone else

pj did it just for the bank and to sell some of their hits on itunes to those fools

sorry

just because you bought tickets to that crap before the rest of the tour was announced doesn't mean the show ain't gonna suck
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Thats exactly right. I'd still rather hear Alive with a heavy crowd participation over Undone totally butchered.

not me

open with a soulless undone and i'll be happy the rest of the show ...espc if they don't play any of that crap from the first two albums
  • Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    I think it was kind of a given that lolla would be more of a greatest hits set. The setting at Lolla lends itself more towards that, and it was kind of a coming back for them, and it was the only show in the U.S. that year. But more-so, I think it was the atmosphere and setting. It certainly seemed to fit well.

If PJ comes out with a "greatest hits" set @bonnaroo, it will clearly mean that they did NOT pick up on the vibe of the festival and are just coming in/out to headline a festival (which their not even doing now but that's almost a different story, don't get me started on that... ha! )

I wouldn't expect PJ "rarities", but I would bet on them playing a few of their longer songs and maybe more covers than a "typical" or "greatest hits" set.
  • Options
    not me

open with a soulless undone and i'll be happy the rest of the show ...espc if they don't play any of that crap from the first two albums

I'll give you Ten, but Vs. is crap now? Thats just crazy talk. A good RVM, Animal, and Go is still a good RVM, Animal, and Go.

Actually I won't give you Ten. Release and Porch are still special to hear.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    not me

That's retarded.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    bonnaroo set will clearly be the worst. its gonna be the shortest and its gonna have the weakest setlist. a festival set is never as good as a full show, go to the tapes if you want.
    you're wrong.
    Reading 06...Crown of Thorns only time EVER in Europe.. nuff said :p
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    most of the people there,in the heart of the confederacy, are there to see someone else

pj did it just for the bank and to sell some of their hits on itunes to those fools

sorry

just because you bought tickets to that crap before the rest of the tour was announced doesn't mean the show ain't gonna suck

You just made an already ridiculous thread even more laughable.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    not me

give me a fucking break, those 2 albums have their biggest hits, for every one of you that wants to hear a rarity theres like 100 people who only know those albums in the arena if you dont want to hear those songs dont come to the shows plain and simple
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}