Dissed Pearl Jam:(

13»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    pjsyco wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Dude, people make fun of Eddie Vedder all the time.......

and I punch each and every one of them.

:lol:

So you're at this club. This hot beautiful lady comes over to you. Buy's you a drink. A Pearl Jam track is being played in the background. 'The conversation' hit's a brick wall. You mention how Vedder rocks. She giggles and say's she doesn't like his white pant's & makes fun of Ed cause he smokes & Come Back is her least favorite track off the Self Titled record. You stand up pissed tossing the rum & coke all over her shirt & walk away from the scene.

Hopefully that won't happen. Just sayin'!

And then PJSYCO sweeps in and takes said lady home, making sweet, passionate love to her all night long...

:thumbup:
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Your teachers an asshole anyway for saying he hated your favorite band in front of you. Even if someone said they liked a band I didn't like, I would never tell them I hated that band.

was thinking the same thing..i mean who does that
  • Anyone whose ever said something like that to me then goes on to list the crappiest pop or rap or death metal bands when I ask "so what do you listen to, then?" :roll:

'Nuff said. Better to have me think you're an idiot than to continue running your mouth and prove me right.

8-)
    a fool not a fucking god ....
  • InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    LongRd. wrote:
    that won't convert them into fans.

Tie 'em up to a chair and blast PJ boots for hours and hours. :D

At work, I'm known as a PJ fan.. okay, everyone I've ever met knows I'm a PJ fan.. But I don't play the music all that often. In fact, I am listening to PJ a lot less now than in years past.

But if I turn on some PJ at work, everyone get's all uppity like I play it day in and out. That does kinda piss me off, because they can't even listen to a song without trying to bash it.

Their loss, I guess.

same exact thing for me
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I think it's the same for all of us.
    I have only a few friends who even like PJ, let alone ever try to understand Ed! :roll:

They don't know what they're missing. Poor souls.

I surely do my little part to try to force feed some PJ down their throats...like when in my car, for instance. They have no choice....its either PJ or Ed solo, or get some earplugs :o
    You know, my theory is that once they've listened, truly listened, they can't help but love it. But then I'm just a little partial.

Anyway, so many people make fun of Ed, they say they can't understand him, or his voice is lousy, and some have some truly nasty comments, but I just try let it go (well, when I can) ...mainly because, if I get started, there will be hell to pay! I let them know that I love Eddie and that's all that matters in my book.

Anyway....that leaves MORE FOR ME!

I for one like it that way...it's sort of our own personal relationship and it's all good. :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    TipJammer wrote:

Ace that class just to show him how smart you are.

Good advice...
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i hate it when people offer me their opinion like that as a means of getting me rarked up. it doesn't work, but it is a jerky move to try in my opinion.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    5against1- wrote:
    Ok here is the story. I was talking w/my organic chem. tutor, today. We started talking about music and when I told him PJ was my favorite band he replied "I hate pearl jam, I can't stand that singer". I was startled by his remark. I honestly can say that I don't have as much respect for him anymore. I understand if people think they are ok. But not if you say you hate them. Can anyone relate. It's hard to explain.

he's entitled to his opinion... quite a lot of people find Eddie a bit pious or preachy... a bit too political or whatever... but not respecting your teacher just because he doesnt go along with your music tastes is a bit immature to be honest.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand? Where is the rest of this story? Oh, it's over. Ok.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    So...Because PJ is such a huge part of all of our lives we like to talk about the band and let people know we love them. I cant stand when people dont feel the way I do...But ultimately, people just dont (or can't) understand really how much we enjoy their music. So at the end of the day....who gives a shit what other people think. Best band in the world with the best fan club.....I actually feel bad for people who dont have the feeling or connection for a band or musician that I/we have with PJ.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    BF242002 wrote:
    So...Because PJ is such a huge part of all of our lives we like to talk about the band and let people know we love them. I cant stand when people dont feel the way I do...But ultimately, people just dont (or can't) understand really how much we enjoy their music. So at the end of the day....who gives a shit what other people think. Best band in the world with the best fan club.....I actually feel bad for people who dont have the feeling or connection for a band or musician that I/we have with PJ.
    I totally agree and we are the lucky ones!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    i hate it. cuz they ALL make that same stupid voice when they try to imitate him. and its like, wtf, he sang like that for like 2 years! that was 15 years ago! fucking drop it already!

Haha..I hear ya! out of there 20 year *HISTORY* he sang Like that for What... like you said 2 Years! and you Think to yourself 'Get Over it' lol...
  • Whoa......the opinion of an "organic chemistry tutor" is causing this much greif???????

I am surprised he was able to pull himself away from his D&D long enough to know who PJ are.....
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    who cares, why even bother trying to convince anyone of anything. 7 out of every 10 people you meet are dumb anyway. Life would suck if everyone liked the same things.
    That is what makes life interesting . . . .differences
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    as kenny everet once said.
    you want to round them all up put them in a field and bomb the bastards :lol::lol::lol:
    5against1- wrote:
    Ok here is the story. I was talking w/my organic chem. tutor, today. We started talking about music and when I told him PJ was my favorite band he replied "I hate pearl jam, I can't stand that singer". I was startled by his remark. I honestly can say that I don't have as much respect for him anymore. I understand if people think they are ok. But not if you say you hate them. Can anyone relate. It's hard to explain.

I have a friend that says Ed's voice reminds him of the goat boy skit from SNL. I'm not saying I believe it, but that is a pretty damn funny thing for a hater to say.

Anyway, just ignore the haters. Your tutor probably listens to Ke$ha or something awful like that.

OMG my SIL tells me that Ed sounds like Goat Boy all the time, and I never put two and two together to figure out what he was talking about. I'm just too busy being offended to think, I suppose. So, I always have these great thoughtful comebacks, like: Eddie does NOT sound like a goat, you do! and more wonderfully creative replies~ but now that I know what he's talking about, I'll be ready next time. Matter of fact maybe I'll give him a call and mention PJ specifically so that he can insult Ed...but he'll be in for a big surprise this time..I'll be prepared~ heheheheee. (you know, you'd think I would be prepared with some good comebacks anyway, since he insults Ed nearly every time we talk and I know he does it just to get me riled up.). Oh nowwww.... this is gonna be a lot more fun on my end!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • i can relate i've come to find out there are a lot of PJ haters,don't get it.I think there the best band ever and ed's voice is amazing. I was just having this conversation the other day with friends.
    i can relate i've come to find out there are a lot of PJ haters,don't get it.I think there the best band ever and ed's voice is amazing. I was just having this conversation the other day with friends.

Ed's voice is defintely AMAZING and only gets better and better every day :D
    peace,
    jo