Nails

13»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I love OPI, everytime I go to the mall I end up with a new one. Right now I am wearing "Get in the Expresso Lane" :)

I was wearing "Yoga-ta Get this Blue" at PJ20

I need a bigger box to stash my polish...how many of you store your polish in the fridge/freezer?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I love OPI, everytime I go to the mall I end up with a new one. Right now I am wearing "Get in the Expresso Lane" :)

I need a bigger box to stash my polish...how many of you store your polish in the fridge/freezer?

I used to store it in the fridge but my beauty therapist advised not to as it goes all thick and gloopy.I still keep all my makeup and skin care products in the fridge though,lovely putting cool cream on my skin
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    stargirl69 wrote:
    guys think one thing when they see nails -- are they dangerous around our junk?

Even more than teeth? :lol:
    i love teeth. promise.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    guys think one thing when they see nails -- are they dangerous around our junk?

Even more than teeth? :lol:
    i love teeth. promise.

:o :think: :shifty: :-P :mrgreen: :twisted: :angel:
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I have that one too :)

And, I have never stored it in the fridge/freezer.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    OPI is great stuff, I'm wearing Purple with a Purpose. :)
    RKCNDY wrote:

I have that one too :)

And, I have never stored it in the fridge/freezer.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • My nails have always been short because they are weak little things. They will never grow past the tips of my fingers and they are always torn, jagged and splitting. They are not very attractive to look at at all so I never bother painting them. This thread makes my stomach turn flips just reading it.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    They have a 50% off sale on lots of OPI stuff at Ozsale.com right now! Free shipping too! I think they only ship to Oz though, sorry my international friends. :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • The only nails I invest in are Nine Inch Nails.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • My toes get painted, never fingers besides clear. I feel strange with colored fingernails- one little chip and I start picking at them or have to take it all off. I prefer to keep them filed square and just a little long, buffed and clear polish or no polish.

OPI is the best stuff, I agree. I've been using this dark purple color for my toes called something I can't remember...its almost like "lincoln park after dark" but darker. I used to use "Russian Navy" a lot too... I like "Sand in my Suit" for summer toes or this sheer color called "Bubble Bath". That one is sheer enough that it looks okay on fingers too.

I can't remember who said it early in this thread, but the dental surgical asst with the grody oozing fingers? DISGUSTING. If I saw something like when they were going to do something to my mouth, I would vomit right then and there. Thank God for gloves...because if I even got a glimpse at that nastiness I would be out of that place.

blech---I can't stand nasty nails. I remember this woman who used to work in my building who smoked. She would be outside with her long, curved nails (yes, ghetto style where they curl under) and you could just SEE all the nasty shit underneath them! :shock: Totally barf.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I should have said before, I have 3 toenails missing. So whenever I put on sandals I put on nail varnish and do a kind of pretend nail shape so my feet don't look too weird.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    ^^grody and barf. :lol:
    My fingernails I keep short and don't paint; toenails I paint. I like OPI but I have to use the fast-drying kind or it gets messed up somehow every single time unless I'm getting a pedicure where I have to sit there long enough for them to dry. :|
    EmBleve wrote:
    ^^grody and barf. :lol: quote]

Does this mean I should wear socks with my sandals? ;)
    Claireack wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    ^^grody and barf. :lol: quote]

Does this mean I should wear socks with my sandals? ;)
    :lol: noooo. That was an almost simultaneous post by you and I. I was referring to the post above yours by giventolukinkp. :lol: Nothing wrong with some absent toenails. ;) Do what you gotta do! :D
    ^^ Thank goodness for that, I never thought the sock/sandal combo was a good look :D
    Claireack wrote:
    ^^ Thank goodness for that, I never thought the sock/sandal combo was a good look :D
    :lol: yeah, my dad sometimes thinks he can pull it off.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on a couple of pages back _ Claireack finding other people's nails in her bra.

It's an image I just can't shake.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on a couple of pages back _ Claireack finding other people's nails in her bra.

It's an image I just can't shake.

I'm stuck on Claireack missing 3 toenails...I mean, I've tripped on stuff and ripped off my toenails before. They always grew back. Why don't Claireack's toenails grow back?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    My nails have always been short because they are weak little things. They will never grow past the tips of my fingers and they are always torn, jagged and splitting. They are not very attractive to look at at all so I never bother painting them. This thread makes my stomach turn flips just reading it.

Try sweet almond oil, fantastic stuff for nails. Available in health food stores,chemists and some supermarkets,smallest sized bottle usually comes in a stopper bottle,should only cost a few £ or $,last bottle I bought cost less than £3 and it lasts months.
    Do check when buying that it is sweet almond oil though as there are a few other almond oils available.

Daily just put one drop of oil on each nail and massage around until absorbed around the skin,it strengthens,cleans and nourishes weak,brittle,split nails,and it very soothing to use,I often do it at night when just sitting relaxing, watching a film etc.
    Any excess can just be massaged into the hands.

Do it regularly and within 3 months you should notice the difference in your nails,I have used it for years and have very strong healthy nails that never spilt and very rarely break.

Worth a try :D
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    112508-lenny-dykstra.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    112508-lenny-dykstra.jpg

thats disgusting.... :shock:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I personally love a good manicure... especially a French Manicure polish. Its classy and goes with everything you wear.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    mikalina wrote:
    112508-lenny-dykstra.jpg

lol yeah i probably should have used a better picture of Lenny "Nails' Dykstra, but that was the first one that came up when i googled him :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mikalina wrote:
    112508-lenny-dykstra.jpg

lol yeah i probably should have used a better picture of Lenny "Nails' Dykstra, but that was the first one that came up when i googled him :lol:

I'm glad you explained who that was.

I was thinking it was some random guy who was chewing his nails excessively.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Unlost....what on earth possessed you to begin this thread???? It is truly gross and totally addictive...and I REALLY hate feet! Can't even get close to my kids' feet now they are older!! :lol:

How's this for nail art?
    nail+art+goes+too+far2.jpg
    I need to go to Sephora! http://www.sephora.com/chalkboard-manicure-P379405

diy-chalkboard-manicure.jpg?w=300&h=271

chalkboard nailpolish! It even comes with chalk to decorate your nails...chalkboard on nails. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce