Nails

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Man I feel like the only one that does her nails :oops: I keep them relatively short since I do a lot of typing at work but I like painting them to keep them strong and pretty :) no foil or glitter or patterns though lol
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    no worries chiqui...I paint my nails too, I just don't put the fake ones on.

Did it twice in my life and I just can't see why anybody does it...I can't function.

I have a bunch of polish bottles, and I'm a name brand polish snob. :oops:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    RKCNDY wrote:

Did it twice in my life and I just can't see why anybody does it...I can't function.

I've never used fakes one myself, I'd imagine it'd feel strange!

I'm a polish snob too, and I'm still giddy about finding the perfect nude shade like 2 weeks ago lol :oops:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh my God this thread is so disgusting. (And I read every post.)

I don't like fake nails either - they seem so... wrong. I type all the time so I keep my nails short and use that Nailtiques polish that's clear and keeps your nails strong. I like pedicures though but don't get as many as I'd like. And I agree about how you've GOT to find the exact right color.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I don't like fake nails.

I once had lunch at a barbecue restaurant and sat across from someone whose (fake) nails were probably 3 inches beyond her fingertips. The sight of barbecue sauce building up underneath the nails while she chowed down will probably haunt me the rest of my days.

I have to keep my nails short, otherwise the bother the hell out of me. I can feel them, and I don't like it. It's worse in cold weather.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Sometimes I like to paint my nails. My favorite shades are rather neutral but some of them are metallic. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    oona left wrote:
    The sight of barbecue sauce building up underneath the nails while she chowed down will probably haunt me the rest of my days.

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have a winner.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    and eating whatever you get out from your between your teeth to me, is like eating your boogers

But that was one tasty burger, and, there are starving children in [insert impoverished country here] fer crissake!! You want me to just let that go to waste?!?!? :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    RKCNDY wrote:

I do too, though it looks like from this thread I'm the only one with a polish collection nearing 100. I can never decide on a color...

Oh but I detest fake nails. Got them done for my wedding and couldn't wait to get them off. I had them in high school with every color\combo imaginable. Never again!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Why do I keep reading.... :sick: Calling Claire, come in Claire. Now here is someone who will have some truley horrifying toe nail stories!

My nails are quite long about 5mm over the end of my fingers, but they are natural and I buff and file them but never wear polish as my nails are very white so look like they have a french polish.

I can't stand watching people cut their nails - especially toes :sick:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Yes, Ms. Clairack by far has the best toe stories.

*drums fingers on keyboard, impatiently awaiting input from the saucy Brit.*
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • if ya want to hear a gross toe-nail story I have one for you.. HOWEVER.. this story comes with a disclaimer..I am NOT responsible for any puke or bile that lands on yourself, your keyboard, monitor, or relatively near loved ones..That having been said.. here goes..
    In my very last year of college in Riverside ( Ca ) I opted for the last year to board my horse on property and get a percentage off my "lab costs" by using my horse for lessons..To put this mildly I was a dumbass back then, and since I have always hated shoes, I ignored the signs at the breezeway of the barns that stated " you MUST wear shoes beyond this point, no open toes allowed". And seeing's how I also worked, I was always getting to the campus after class hours to feed my horse and clean his stall. SOOO As previously stated I detested and still do detest shoes, so since I knew how to avoid security, I did, and went barefoot the second I got off of work; even cleaned my stalls barefoot, which is in itself disgusting.. Ok here's the second half of the proof of my completely stupidity, I also left my horse in-stall while I cleaned versus tying him in the breezeway like most levelheaded owners would. ( It was quicker and I could stop to pet him was my excuse). Well he was stalled next to a "proud cut" Gelding ( he was Proud Cut too, I'll explain that.., basically neither horse was castrated correctly, leaving hormonal imbalances that caused volatility in both horses), and they would do what is known in the horse world as "popping", which means they half reared up onto their hind legs to reach over the stall walls to get at each other. Basically they were fighting over the tops of the walls. Well I happened to have a barefoot right where my horse landed, and he totally smashed my right big toe, so that it split open straight down the middle, to the web. Now this hurt all in of itself, but the fact that I was standing in soggy straw equaled and instant infection that took me like four months to recover from. My toe is still pretty flat to this day and has a divot in the bottom ridge inside of it from the bone shards that eventually worked their way out of my toe via puss pockets. I was deathly ill for a long assed time, and every time I complained my Dad told me to shut up, because it was completely my own fault. The toe nail took six months to grow back and and to this day grown longer on one half, and shorter on the other.. let's just say, that from then on I wore shoes around my horses!!
    Lizardjam wrote:

I do too, though it looks like from this thread I'm the only one with a polish collection nearing 100. I can never decide on a color...

I had to clear out my collection...I was at 60+ and I do french tips by hand...I can't find the stickers anymore, so yeah, drawn on by hand....I'm adept at being ambidextrous now.

Whispering, that has got to be one nasty nail story!

I had a time where I had nice long natural nails. I worked at a music box shop...we sold water globes, little music boxes, we were required to wear hosiery and dresses/skirts. The whole dressy look.
    I was showing a customer a nice $5000 music box (we worked on commission too) so I was winding it up, well, the spring seized up, the key started spinning out of control, it hit my finger, and ripped off my nail...halfway down the bed. The customer heard it, (it made a distinctive 'pop sound) and asked me to go take care of my hand. The assistant manager took over for me. I went to the back room and my finger is gushing blood...the nail had cut into the bed. So I had to run to JC Penny's and buy a stupid manicure set to cut off the rest of the hanging nail. I come back the customer felt so bad and bought the music box. We ordered a new one for her...all's cool right? NO! not only did I rip off half my nail, my assistant manager STOLE MY SALE!

my nail grows back all wavy and funky now, and is super sensitive.

I should put on a set of Lee Press on Nails XX long length and ask unlost to join me for BBQ at PJ20... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Man I feel like the only one that does her nails :oops: I keep them relatively short since I do a lot of typing at work but I like painting them to keep them strong and pretty :) no foil or glitter or patterns though lol

Hey, don't worry - I love my nails too - not too long, not too short. strong and healthy. :D

I get manicures and pedicures, ( and plenty of compliments.) So - your not the only one :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    ew. and dang, I thought this was going to be about home improvement. :roll:
    polish freaks...

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P296010

I need to get a few bottles... :oops: watch the YT video...and then watch all the other cool polish tricks...I just wasted a bunch of time there...

- Christopher McCandless
  • I hardly ever paint my fingernails, and I never ever had fake ones. I don't bite them though so they are usually pretty long and I keep them filed and neat. I do get pedicures tho...and not just cause I like my toenails to be pretty...it just feels so nice :) (Though I do feel for the people that do the pedicures...I mean, I don't think my feet are gross, but feet in general gross me out...I could never do it. My daughter asks me all the time to give her pedi's and I'm like, EWWW No Way - her feet were only cute when she was a baby!)
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    RKCNDY wrote:
    polish freaks...

I need to get a few bottles... :oops: watch the YT video...and then watch all the other cool polish tricks...I just wasted a bunch of time there...

Wow that product looks amazing! :D

I go for a pedi monthly and get lots of nice comments,I love my pedi treat :D keep my nails short,neat and clean and paint when I am going out.

My friends used to bite her nails,to stop her she began going for manicures with fake nails.I was horrified when she told me the process includes scrubbing the natural nail away so the false nail will stick,it sounds to ridiculous to remove the natural nail to out on a false nail.
    She had this process done monthly for years,then stopped as she got an infection.I was :sick: when she showed me the natural nail,or what was left of it :?
    There was virtually no nail there and what there was had been left so damaged to an unrepairable level,she has been left with soggy nails that never grew.

Just not worth it
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    polish freaks...

Ooh...that looks fun! Much cooler than that crackle stuff they try to sell you on. I can chip my own nail polish thankyouverymuch :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I have to admit, I actually paint my nails ALL THE TIME! Love doing wierd and wonderful designs on them. :D but I hate fake nails. I had them once or twice and they drove me up the bloody bend! I agree that they really can't be hygenic, there are so many ways for dirt and crud to get built up in them and plus, have you ever seen those silly women that have them and can't pick up a piece of paper or money that they have dropped on the ground? Good for hours of entertainment! :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    RKCNDY wrote:
    polish freaks...

Um, I would buy that. But my daughter tried the crackle and got bored with it quickly.
    Enkidu wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    polish freaks...

Um, I would buy that. But my daughter tried the crackle and got bored with it quickly.

go to youtube and look up 'nail art' there are SO many cool designs...I will be trying a few in a few weeks.

Ive been painting the house, so all my nails are breaking off. :x

I wish Sally Beauty Supply carried OPI...

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    polish freaks...

go to youtube and look up 'nail art' there are SO many cool designs...I will be trying a few in a few weeks.

Ive been painting the house, so all my nails are breaking off. :x

I wish Sally Beauty Supply carried OPI...

they sell OPI at my local CVS Pharmacy. Not as many colors as you see in the salon, but they have a few.

• I was at Sephora on Friday and grabbed a bottle of Chestnuts About You, the Opi line that they have there. Microglitter shimmery gorgeous rose goldish type of color....LOVE!
  • I love OPI, everytime I go to the mall I end up with a new one. Right now I am wearing "Get in the Expresso Lane" :)
  • Oh I also got a new one from Essie at Target because I was wanting a real fire-engine type red. It's like this one http://www.essie.com/shop/very-cranberry-p-353.html

I have issues buying nail polish, I need to stop lol
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Did I hear someone call my name?????

Pus under nails, nails that have tuned to mush, nails that have pierced the skin and come out the end of the toe, curly nails, nails curled over back on themselves, bones sticking out the ends of toes ....... Ah my life is fulfilling.

Actually my worst experiences with nails is when my own body becomes involved. I used to stick my tongue out when I concentrated - not anymore. I've found other peoples nails in my shoes, bra and hair. It's fine dealing with yucky nails when you've got gloves on, not so nice when you're wearing them.

:D
  • Claireack wrote:
    Did I hear someone call my name?????

Pus under nails, nails that have tuned to mush, nails that have pierced the skin and come out the end of the toe, curly nails, nails curled over back on themselves, bones sticking out the ends of toes ....... Ah my life is fulfilling.

Actually my worst experiences with nails is when my own body becomes involved. I used to stick my tongue out when I concentrated - not anymore. I've found other peoples nails in my shoes, bra and hair. It's fine dealing with yucky nails when you've got gloves on, not so nice when you're wearing them.

:D
    :shock: :oops:
    Oh I also got a new one from Essie at Target because I was wanting a real fire-engine type red. It's like this one http://www.essie.com/shop/very-cranberry-p-353.html

I have issues buying nail polish, I need to stop lol

This colour is on my toes at the moment :D The salon I go to only use Essie polish ... lovely stuff.What an exciting thread :D

Will be a boy free zone by the end of the night ... unless there are any foot fetishists around here :lol:;)if there are please feel free to PM me :lol:;)
    guys think one thing when they see nails -- are they dangerous around our junk?

Even more than teeth? :lol: