Options

UPDATE - Ed Ved 2011 Setlist scans - my apologies

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
edited August 2011 in Lost Dogs
UPDATE - A huge apology to all. This wont be happening. There was a few dissenting voices, people feeling a bit cheated about buying rhe original. There was no intention here to upset anyone, and if even one person is out of kilter with the idea it really cannot go forward. Im so sorry to get so many hopes up, I dropped the ball on this occasion, and all I can do is apologise for doing so.

To explain - A copy and scan idea was never intended to begin with, there was so many requests to do it i was kinda cajoled into trying to make it happen to make even more people happy.

Personally I don't see how it dilutes the winners product... The originals are clearly that and a printed scan is very obviously just that a printed scan

I thought this was a nice thing to do to give people who are less fortunate and who don't have the means to buy an original a chance so at least they can have a small momento of the night

Sorry guys it seems this was a grave error on judgement by me. There have been a couple of objections received via email too.

On that basis this won't happen. It was never the intention to take away from the winners and as people feel it does I cannot take this any further

All i can suggest is anyone who was interested posts in this forum asking for a copy from the winner of their show, or if any winners see this and contact me to authorise providing a few scans I would be happy to do it without any payment or a discretionary donation if they feel it necessary. Thats all I can suggest.

Sorry for any disappointment caused, i really am

After loads of requests I am gonna try and set up a scan offer on the recent setlist sales....

the scans will be an emailed scan of the original, and as such the quality will not be anything like the original. But that said, there seems to be a demand for this.

So I propose a token donation of say $15 per scan if anyone is interested, please PM me your request and we can hopefully make this happen.

take care all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    PM'd, at a price like that I have to practice restrain to not buy the whole tour. Really really hope this works. I have a feeling that at the price listed thta you can make some good money for the charities.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2011
    :thumbdown:

Upon further review... :thumbup:
    Post edited by Heisenberg on
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Do explain?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Do explain?

Nah...I better keep my mouth shut. I guess if the demand is there then to each his own but in my humble opinion it's a little silly to try and charge people $15 for a scanned PDF of a setlist. Kinda reminds me of the fee ticketmaster charges me for printing out my own tickets.
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Heisenberg wrote:

What's wrong? This is a great way to raise money for charity, and for us fans to get a pice of something special, if we decide that is what we want. Personally, for me this is a relief. I bid some decent dollars on trying to get setlists for the shows I attended, but could not break the bank. This is a way for me to have what I wanted at a reasonable price.

I say this :clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

What's wrong? This is a great way to raise money for charity, and for us fans to get a pice of something special, if we decide that is what we want. Personally, for me this is a relief. I bid some decent dollars on trying to get setlists for the shows I attended, but could not break the bank. This is a way for me to have what I wanted at a reasonable price.

I say this :clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

If it's a charity thing then my mistake and more power to you. I'll go get the foot out of my mouth now and change my vote to :thumbup:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    from the original EV 2011 Setlist Paul thread there was this idea:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    With the StL setlist still available, would anyone be interested in combining funds to purchase it for Chris (LeatherMosquitoMan)? I know that show meant a lot to him (shout-out from EV). I am sure he would love a setlist.

PM me if interested and let's see what we can do in the next day.

did this happen? If not, any chance we can get say 15 peeps from here to contribute $1 each and we get Chris a copy from Paul?

-EV
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    from the original EV 2011 Setlist Paul thread there was this idea:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    With the StL setlist still available, would anyone be interested in combining funds to purchase it for Chris (LeatherMosquitoMan)? I know that show meant a lot to him (shout-out from EV). I am sure he would love a setlist.

PM me if interested and let's see what we can do in the next day.

did this happen? If not, any chance we can get say 15 peeps from here to contribute $1 each and we get Chris a copy from Paul?

-EV

Its done. I will be contacting Chris (LeatherMosquitoMan) and if he does not already have a copy of the St L setlist, I will be get him one.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    if i knew how these guys did the clapping hands icons, i would put it here. thanks PJ-Cubs for your efforts. Great idea
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    if i knew how these guys did the clapping hands icons, i would put it here. thanks PJ-Cubs for your efforts. Great idea

"Click view more smilies" on the right side of the screen :clap: .

(right under the other smilies that you see when you reply)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    PM sent for Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 setlists.

Thanks for organizing this. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Once I get cash I'll get Seattle Night 2!!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    I am all for the charity aspect of this thing.

However, it kind of dilutes the original purchasers purchase?

Seems like this would have been a good thing to have stated in advance?
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    pm sent

:)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    What a fantastic idea Paul, good stuff! :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Good point

This was never intended to begin with, there was so many requests to do it i was kinda cajoled into trying to make it happen

Personally I don't see how it dilutes the winners product... The originals are clearly that and a printed scan is very obviously just that a printed scan

I thought this was a nice thing to do to give people who are less fortunate and wh
    Don't have the means to buy an original
    - so at least they can have a small momento of the night

Sorry guys it seems this was a grave error on judgement by me. There have been a couple of objections received via email too.

On that basis this won't happen. It was never the intention to take away from the winners and as people feel it does I cannot take this any further

Sorry for any disappointment caused :(

I am all for the charity aspect of this thing.

However, it kind of dilutes the original purchasers purchase?

Seems like this would have been a good thing to have stated in advance?
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Oh well, nevermind Paul. It was a nice thought though. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Sheila23Sheila23 Posts: 265
    That's too bad, was interested in purchasing both Seattle shows that I went to as a momento. If anybody changes their mind, let me know.

Thanks,
    Sheila