DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    We are very aware of the negative talk.

32113.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,950
    acutejam wrote:

My future lottery chances are screwed....
    :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Wink wrote:

Dude I don't think the 10club employees are message board Porch junkies so I doubt most have a clue of all the negative talk. You come here everyday so you do but if your company had a message board would you go on it and chat about your companies products??

Well then there's your problem. :lol:
  • Options
    Wink wrote:

Dude I don't think the 10club employees are message board Porch junkies so I doubt most have a clue of all the negative talk. You come here everyday so you do but if your company had a message board would you go on it and chat about your companies products??

I could never take anyone who has over a couple thousand message board posts seriously. They must post out of sheer bordem with their life. Just sayin'

They don't speak for the majority. I'd disreguard them personally.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    edited August 2011
    Wink wrote:

I could never take anyone who has over a couple thousand message board posts seriously. They must post out of sheer bordem with their life. Just sayin'

Or they are just bored at work... killing time when they should be productive... i think a lot of people post a ton from work for all sorts of things. its a good time killer...

I'm of course only speaking for myself. 8-)
    Post edited by drsluggo on
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

Does anyone else find it odd that Santos popped in just as this thread was transitioning to a Scarlet Johannson Appreciation thread? :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Wink wrote:
    Wink wrote:

i agree
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

any word on the ticket transfer case?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

i agree

:lol:
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    well said Hostis...
    I think people are way too harsh on here...i can see letting them know when your order is messed up but some of the posts on here are down right nasty...its almost like there is something else going wrong in their life and they want to vent on the 10c for it...come on...its just some merch and maybe tix to a show...
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    curly wrote:
    well said Hostis...
    I think people are way too harsh on here...i can see letting them know when your order is messed up but some of the posts on here are down right nasty...its almost like there is something else going wrong in their life and they want to vent on the 10c for it...come on...its just some merch and maybe tix to a show...

I disagree. Seeing Pearl Jam live is one of the greatest parts about being a fan and the hell we have to go through to get tickets is just not right and stressful when there are simple solutions to fix it. Now they're saying they promise a state-of-the-art server but it's been years of hell.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    curly wrote:
    well said Hostis...

Merch order hassles I can live with. Ticket ordering screw ups I can live with.

May you never plan the perfect night around a show, only to show up at the event and have your order f'd up...."Sorry, won't happen again..." does not begin to cut it.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,448
    I have never considered the interaction between the 10C and its members to be a normal "business/customer" relationship.

Especially in larger markets, it is impossible to get really great seats for concerts at face value. Anytime I am being provided an invaluable service for a small price, I am willing to tolerate hiccups along the way.
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    "Employee" implies that they are paid for their work, and that money comes from membership fees and profit from the items they sell and we purchase. I don't think it's too much to ask for:

ticket ordering - a proper system to sell your tickets on so as not to leave your customers in the lurch for hours on end

singles - a timely receipt of a benefit that they use to sell the membership to us in the first place

postage prices - combined shipping on items so that the member is not paying an arm and a leg for the products that help keep the club in business

poster collection, mugs - what?

seating - another advertised benefit of purchasing a membership

early access to shows - tricky, as it's not a guaranteed benefit, but if you waited six years to see the band on what quite possibly could be their last trip to your country, you might want to ask why you are getting less than what you did six years ago

PJ20 soundtrack listing ad infinitum - many people like to know what they are purchasing before they put down their hard earned money 2 months before the product is released

I'd say it's equally disheartening to be a member sometimes.

And I am sure you are perfect at your job, right?

Seriously, anyone who doesn't fail once in a while at their job is not trying.

10C staff are superb -- anyone who doesn't see that after some time of being an active member should really step back and ask themself "Self, why am I such a twat?".
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    hostis wrote:
    I must say, it must be so damned disheartening sometimes to be a 10c employee.

My thoughts, exactly. It feels good to read that. The amount of complaints I read on here tend to make me feel uncomfortable and I do feel bad for their recipients.

A lot of people seem to have an idea as to what should change about the 10C. I don't. However, I know what I wouldn't want to see changed. This :
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have never considered the interaction between the 10C and its members to be a normal "business/customer" relationship.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Being a 10C employee would be a dream job! The only thing I could imagine being better is working for DC Comics!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    Wink wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    167278_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s300x345-181198-580.gif
    Who's she? Looks cute... I'd watch from the sidelines with her.

She acted to music by Eddie Vedder in We Bought a Zoo, so did the whole cast.

No lie. Gotta love Cameron Crowe.

She did? Sweet! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    benjs wrote:
    I'd like to make a motion to change this thread to the Scarlet Johannson appreciation thread from this point forward.

news-graphics-2008-_440569a.jpg

I second that motion.

3rd here. She stars in my favorite film of all time, Lost In Translation. :D
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,950
    demetrios wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    I'd like to make a motion to change this thread to the Scarlet Johannson appreciation thread from this point forward.

news-graphics-2008-_440569a.jpg

I second that motion.

3rd here. She stars in my favorite film of all time, Lost In Translation. :D
    That is a good film! What are numbers one and two, out of curiosity?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Wink wrote:

She acted to music by Eddie Vedder in We Bought a Zoo, so did the whole cast.

No lie. Gotta love Cameron Crowe.

She did? Sweet! :)

Cameron Crowe plays certain music during a scene and has the actors act the scene listening to the music. He played some Eddie Vedder during the shooting of the film.