Options

to be a 10c employee....

hostishostis Posts: 441
edited August 2011 in The Porch
I must say, it must be so damned disheartening sometimes to be a 10c employee.

The club has done its utmost over the years to give us everything we want and they deliver in bucketloads, even to the point that the U2 Fanclub has used 10C as a leading example of what a fanclub should be like to its fans, and yet on so many posts I see fan club membes complaining / moaning about anything and everything, including but not limited to: ticket ordering, singles, postage prices, poster collection, mugs, seating, early access to shows, PJ20 soundtrack listing ad infinitum.

The stuff being done re PJ20, even for those of us that cant make it to the show, is brilliant and appreciated (by me at least). The film, books, albums coming out. The easy to use Goods Section (in comparison to how it was in the 90s - yes you all know what I mean with the little section of the fanzine with tiny pictures and smaller check box), the choice of goods, availability and the damned easiness with which it is to contact 10C for ANY questions I ever have.

so I say thankyou thankyou thankyou to Mr Bierman and all employees of 10C - keep up the fantastic work. I appreciate it all....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    my biggest complait is the over promise under deliver, followed by lack of communication.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    "Employee" implies that they are paid for their work, and that money comes from membership fees and profit from the items they sell and we purchase. I don't think it's too much to ask for:

ticket ordering - a proper system to sell your tickets on so as not to leave your customers in the lurch for hours on end

singles - a timely receipt of a benefit that they use to sell the membership to us in the first place

postage prices - combined shipping on items so that the member is not paying an arm and a leg for the products that help keep the club in business

poster collection, mugs - what?

seating - another advertised benefit of purchasing a membership

early access to shows - tricky, as it's not a guaranteed benefit, but if you waited six years to see the band on what quite possibly could be their last trip to your country, you might want to ask why you are getting less than what you did six years ago

PJ20 soundtrack listing ad infinitum - many people like to know what they are purchasing before they put down their hard earned money 2 months before the product is released

I'd say it's equally disheartening to be a member sometimes.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    hostis wrote:
    I must say, it must be so damned disheartening sometimes to be a 10c employee.

The club has done its utmost over the years to give us everything we want and they deliver in bucketloads, even to the point that the U2 Fanclub has used 10C as a leading example of what a fanclub should be like to its fans, and yet on so many posts I see fan club membes complaining / moaning about anything and everything, including but not limited to: ticket ordering, singles, postage prices, poster collection, mugs, seating, early access to shows, PJ20 soundtrack listing ad infinitum.

The stuff being done re PJ20, even for those of us that cant make it to the show, is brilliant and appreciated (by me at least). The film, books, albums coming out. The easy to use Goods Section (in comparison to how it was in the 90s - yes you all know what I mean with the little section of the fanzine with tiny pictures and smaller check box), the choice of goods, availability and the damned easiness with which it is to contact 10C for ANY questions I ever have.

so I say thankyou thankyou thankyou to Mr Bierman and all employees of 10C - keep up the fantastic work. I appreciate it all....

So complaining about ticket ordering is out of line? The debacle for the PJ20 tickets was a complete disaster.....should we just sit here and not say a word??
  • Options
    thats a little strong. I never said anything said was out of line...

and the PJ20 tickets wasnt ideal. they have openly said that and apologised and have said that they will be upgrading the systems to try and ensure that it doesnt happen again.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    hostis wrote:

and the PJ20 tickets wasnt ideal. they have openly said that and apologised and have said that they will be upgrading the systems to try and ensure that it doesnt happen again.

the fact that the ticket system has had these issues over and over is the frustrating part.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    81 wrote:
    my biggest complait is the over promise under deliver, followed by lack of communication.
    This sums it up for me. I love the band... I love most of the TC... but they do over promise and under deliver way too often.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    81 wrote:
    Exactly, sad but true :(
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    The only complaint I have, and I'm a member since 1993 is;

Give me the Christmas 7" before Christmas in the year it's supposed to, in Sweden :o (now it's called holiday but my holiday ended last week!)
    Back in the days some letters arrived so late that the competition already had ended, but I was happy to get a letter!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    81 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    "I'd say it's equally disheartening to be a member sometimes.

I understand they have a lot of work to do, they manage other bands websites and a ot of people do complain a lot around here. I only complain about the same issues over and over again, poor ticketing system, shipping sucks, and thier lack of communication.

I am a sales rep for Pitney Bowes. I have sent 10c and santos about 4 emails asking about the songbook and my order. None of my emails have garnered a response. If I was to do that to one of Pitney Bowes customers I would be repremanded. 10c barely has any customer loyalty and absolutely no customer service.

Now I do feel bad saying this because Im sure everyone from kat, to sea, to tim and rob, and santos are unbelievably nice people. And they seem to have the same passion that many of us have. I just wish they would either work our the kinks in the whole PJ system or hire more people to help them. Because I started to love this place because of the family and community that goes on here. And over the past few years I keep getting the reoccuring feeling that I am just another number to the management of Pearl Jam
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    hostis wrote:

they already promised us that before this ticketing debacle.....and they seemed so pumped about it in that email originally explaining it......crash and burn
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I'm happy to be here. :D That is all...carry on.
  • Options
    Dukes10Dukes10 Posts: 58
    The 10 club is the best thing going. For someone who has been in the club for over 17 years I can say that it is such a pleasure to have people like the 10 club, and the members of Pearl Jam, on our side. NO WHERE ELSE do you have a band that thinks about their fans at every step of the process. Where else do you get seniority ticketing and the seats are always incredible. I was even able to see Pearl Jam at the VIC, thanks to the 10 club. Front row a couple of times and always within the first 10 rows. I hold the 10 club in the highest regard.
    The "members" who sit in the chat rooms and do nothing but complain and moan about everything seem to be the newer members. They do not know what it was like before the internet. We use to have to wait in lines overnight at a ticketmaster outlet to try and get seats to a show. Pearl Jam and the 10 club changed the entire system. They saw how certain bands, like the Grateful Dead, were operating and they took it to the next level. Everything they do expands the experience for the fans. Some people will never be satisfied with anything anyone does or anything they get. They will always complain. There are certain people who could be able to stand on the stage during a performance and still find something to complain about.
    To constantly complain about everything gets really old. Just because something might not ship soon enough, or something is not perfectly run every time, is no reason to put down the 10 club. They are human and humans are subject to imperfection. I bet that all the moaners and complainers could be picked apart at their jobs and we could all scrutinize them for their imperfections, but they don't see that when it comes to others. Everyone must be perfect because they paid a couple of dollars a year to be a part of the greatest fan club that any band has been able to create.
    I enjoy and appreciate all of the services the 10 club offers to us fans and eventhough every single aspect is not the smoothest it is still the best club and the people who help to run it should be applauded and not condemned.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    hostis wrote:

With all due respect, they claimed that upgrade was implemented for the Canada tour pre-sale, which was deplorable. After three days of them trying to get things working, they gave up and moved to a Ticketmaster-run pre-sale. I respect their decision to do that, and once they had moved over to that method - it was the smoothest 10C pre-sale I've participated in to date!

I respect that these guys are trying, but some things are just really poorly handled here, and they don't seem to realize that trying to communicate better with their customers would be a hugely effective duct tape solution to any problems within the organization.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    benjs wrote:

I respect that these guys are trying, but some things are just really poorly handled here, and they don't seem to realize that trying to communicate better with their customers would be a hugely effective duct tape solution to any problems within the organization.
    Yeah I think this is fair too... I've almost always had a great experience with dealing with the TC which is why I want to give them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of the bad things that happen. Like the holiday single... I think its annoying we have to wait so long to get it when they are pumping so much new stuff to buy, but its not going to ruin my year to get it later.

One thing I do think is bad is sometimes when people post complaints the TC does reply almost out to embarrass the person complaining. Its happened about posters, tickets, etc. Don't get me wrong - sometimes they really deserve it, but if you can reply to do that surely you can reply to clarify some other issues floating around (ticket transfers, shipping dates, etc).

Overall though I do think the TC is worth the $$... I just think some small things would go a long way. Stuff like the weekly AET show are a great step forward though!
  • Options
    Dukes10 wrote:
    The 10 club is the best thing going. For someone who has been in the club for over 17 years I can say that it is such a pleasure to have people like the 10 club, and the members of Pearl Jam, on our side. NO WHERE ELSE do you have a band that thinks about their fans at every step of the process. Where else do you get seniority ticketing and the seats are always incredible. I was even able to see Pearl Jam at the VIC, thanks to the 10 club. Front row a couple of times and always within the first 10 rows. I hold the 10 club in the highest regard.
    The "members" who sit in the chat rooms and do nothing but complain and moan about everything seem to be the newer members. They do not know what it was like before the internet. We use to have to wait in lines overnight at a ticketmaster outlet to try and get seats to a show. Pearl Jam and the 10 club changed the entire system. They saw how certain bands, like the Grateful Dead, were operating and they took it to the next level. Everything they do expands the experience for the fans. Some people will never be satisfied with anything anyone does or anything they get. They will always complain. There are certain people who could be able to stand on the stage during a performance and still find something to complain about.
    To constantly complain about everything gets really old. Just because something might not ship soon enough, or something is not perfectly run every time, is no reason to put down the 10 club. They are human and humans are subject to imperfection. I bet that all the moaners and complainers could be picked apart at their jobs and we could all scrutinize them for their imperfections, but they don't see that when it comes to others. Everyone must be perfect because they paid a couple of dollars a year to be a part of the greatest fan club that any band has been able to create.
    I enjoy and appreciate all of the services the 10 club offers to us fans and eventhough every single aspect is not the smoothest it is still the best club and the people who help to run it should be applauded and not condemned.

well said :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Dukes10 wrote:
    Dude, totally respsect your opinion and everything you said. 10c is great, was great, and will be great. But its unfair to say that new people complain. I've been a memebr for a while and I have only recently this year been upset with the 10c. I agree they have done many many things in the past and have revolutionized a ticketing system that was archaeic before hand. But that was years ago man this in now. Things need to be tinkered with and fixed to keep the machine running. if you dont do preventative maitenence to a car or change its oil it will break down. They need to just be a little more on top of things. And complaining shouldn't always be looked down upon. It is an american right to freedom of speach whether or not anyone wants to hear it.
    drsluggo wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Overall though I do think the TC is worth the $$... I just think some small things would go a long way. Stuff like the weekly AET show are a great step forward though!
    couldnt agree more. its the small things that make people happy. like combining shipping, aet (getting more updates form tim b on that show is awesome i reall appreciated that), the free stickers they are giving out with orders now, etc.
  • Options
    the free stickers they are giving out with orders now, etc.

and there I was thinking it was just me! :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    Dukes10 wrote:
    i agree to the most exept the new members complainings..the most of the complain threads are for those members that even when they talk about their girlfriend ,the threads start like this:
    "im a paid member 18 years and:
    a.10c ticket system sucks
    or
    b.the 10c seniority seats with the years sucks,cos in 1996 i had 3 rd and last week i was at 5th
    or
    c.GA sucks cos i pay for my seniority
    or
    d.at 1993 the ticket price was 2$ and now its 90$
    or
    e.i ask at the show the guy next to me and he was 400xxx member..wtf??
    or
    f.i wanna trade my spare with a number close to mine....
    or
    g.i pay my membership 18 years now and the uke album didnt arrive yet..this isnt a way 10c must treat a so many years member...

and so many others...

people bitching is a way they live their lifes..cant be in categories....the bitchers are bitchers..
    even they join 10c 1991 or last week..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "And complaining shouldn't always be looked down upon. It is an american right to freedom of speach whether or not anyone wants to hear it."

Agree, but to complain about everything all the time gets old. You might have to waste some time getting tickets to the show, but you still get the best seats possible and the memories will last alot longer that the time spent. The 10 club cannot possibly know that there is such a major problem until thousands of people log on at the same time and try to get the same product. I have faith that they will correct this for the future, as they do with everything. Enjoy the club and realize that with anything in life there will be some things that don't go exactly as planned. Complaining doesn't solve the problems actions do. Monday morning quarterbacks know all of the answers after the fact.
  • Options
    Dukes10 wrote:
    "And complaining shouldn't always be looked down upon. It is an american right to freedom of speach whether or not anyone wants to hear it."

Agree, but to complain about everything all the time gets old. You might have to waste some time getting tickets to the show, but you still get the best seats possible and the memories will last alot longer that the time spent. The 10 club cannot possibly know that there is such a major problem until thousands of people log on at the same time and try to get the same product. I have faith that they will correct this for the future, as they do with everything. Enjoy the club and realize that with anything in life there will be some things that don't go exactly as planned. Complaining doesn't solve the problems actions do. Monday morning quarterbacks know all of the answers after the fact.
    The system they have used to sell tickets has been a Disaster for YEARS....

I know it..
    You know it...
    The 10club knows it.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Dukes10 wrote:
    i agree to the most exept the new members complainings..the most of the complain threads are for those members that even when they talk about their girlfriend ,the threads start like this:
    or
    b.the 10c seniority seats with the years sucks,cos in 1996 i had 3 rd and last week i was at 5th
    or
    or
    or
    or
    or
    g.i pay my membership 18 years now and the uke album didnt arrive yet..this isnt a way 10c must treat a so many years member...

and so many others...

people bitching is a way they live their lifes..cant be in categories....the bitchers are bitchers..
    once agian dimitris tells us how it is!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Dukes10 wrote:
    or
    or
    or
    or
    or
    or

and so many others...

"the bitchers are bitchers" i like that! :D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I've never had much of a problem with 10c, but I can definitely see why others do. I've only really had to deal with their ridculous shipping prices which basically holds true for pretty much all band merch.

Had great luck with any of the 10c presales that I've taken part in, but I've had it go even smoother with MMJ and Wilco recently.

I think it's kinda weak that the single goes out, ya know...whenever, and that Ed had plenty of Ukulele Songs vinyl for his merch booth, but none for people that already bought and paid for it, but I don't think either is necessarily 10c fault.

I think alot of times it's easier to come on here and post negative things about 10c as anything negative about PJ is sure to stoke some flames. As we see in this thread sometimes that allegiance even spreads to the 10c.
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,535
    If you think they do such a great job, I challenge you to operate a business or perform at your job just like they do and see how far it gets you in the "real world"
    If it was not for the emotional connection the fans recieve from the music/band Pearl Jam, this "business" would have a not returning customer.
    Simple things like dates of shipment, lead times, product issues should all be know well in advance, not weeks after that product was supposed to ship.
    Why even attempt a ticket sale, if you haven't made all the corrections?
    No business is immune of complaints.
  • Options
    Blockhead wrote:
  • Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    I love 10C... and I always tell them that.
    I love them so much that I help them to improve their work and their business but pointing what needs some work on. Just because it's not perfect you should "live with it". You should try to make it better.

Maybe "The Fixer" is about 10C as well. HAHAHAHA

I always go the extra mile and BRAG about the fact I am a 10C member.
    But I think we do them good when we share our personnal experience. I agree that some people go over the line and should rethink their position. Still there is nothing wrong on talking about something.

Like the early access thing. We are justing trying to understand why it worked back in 2005 and it can't work now. You North American people are fortunate you have SEATS on your concerts. Before you even get to the venue you KNOW where you are going to be at the concert.
    Down here my friend... you don't have a clue. It's GA and our GA it's not YOUR GA. On top of that Pearl Jam doesn't come here as often as you have them around you.

Still 10C was great. Acknowledging our request, talking to us and will do their best, because they know how important it is. This is US helping them getting better than they already are.
    In love with music
  • Options
    Blockhead wrote:
    If you think they do such a great job, I challenge you to operate a business or perform at your job just like they do and see how far it gets you in the "real world"
    If it was not for the emotional connection the fans recieve from the music/band Pearl Jam, this "business" would have a not returning customer.
    Simple things like dates of shipment, lead times, product issues should all be know well in advance, not weeks after that product was supposed to ship.
    Why even attempt a ticket sale, if you haven't made all the corrections?

The 10 club is a service of the band. This is not a seperate and distinct business. If so there would be competitors who could offer theses services. So seperating the 10 club from Pearl Jam is not something that can be done.
    Also, when someone doesn't read the shipping info that is not their fault. In some cases there are contracts that require a 30 day hold before they ship the product. Did you not receive the digital copy on the release date and then the actual cd? I would say that is pretty good service to also send you digital so you can listen. As for the book, the quality sure surpasses the wait. The printer could not produce until now. Should they have rushed and sent out a lower quality to get it to you sooner? Seemd like Apple, ect.., also run out of product and people need to wait a little while. Patience is needed for quality. Also reading the information will eliminate alot of the confusion.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Dukes10 wrote:

I don't mean to complain, but you left out a space between "even" and "though".
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,535
    Dukes10 wrote:
    The 10 club is a service of the band. This is not a seperate and distinct business. If so there would be competitors who could offer theses services. So seperating the 10 club from Pearl Jam is not something that can be done.
    Also, when someone doesn't read the shipping info that is not their fault. In some cases there are contracts that require a 30 day hold before they ship the product. Did you not receive the digital copy on the release date and then the actual cd? I would say that is pretty good service to also send you digital so you can listen. As for the book, the quality sure surpasses the wait. The printer could not produce until now. Should they have rushed and sent out a lower quality to get it to you sooner? Seemd like Apple, ect.., also run out of product and people need to wait a little while. Patience is needed for quality. Also reading the information will eliminate alot of the confusion.
    10 is a business, no one is seperating them from the band. All I said was if you took their buisness practices into the real word (where there is competion) they would not have a repeat customer. (and we are seeing this now with the amazon products)
    Also I am not talking about them combining shipping on items and shipping them when the last product is available. They put dates next to their recent goods. And they communicated that there were some issues and products would be late AFTER the original shipping date. If you are a manager, you should always know what the lead time is and the date of shipment, it should not be a suprise.
    ALso, recieving a digitial copy is not something that some people are intrested in, and is also NOT WHAT THEY ORDERED. If you order a PJ poster and it was late, but they send you a digital image, would that be ok with you?
    What quality of the book was so outstanding? I heard month after month tim talk about the fine details and the handcrafted, ect... Its a hardbound replica of the book that comes with the Vinyl and the Liner (photos) that come with the vinly.
    There really is no excuse to not know when something is being shipped/manufactured. Tim made it seem on many ATE shows that he had no idea when the book was going to be ready. All he said was "its coming together", "its very detailed", "Its handcrafted, and it takes a while". Those are excuses, not answers for customers. He could have very simply said It will be another month, as that is something he should know well in advance.
    Simple communication goes a long way in making people happy, even if its not something they want to hear.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Blockhead wrote:
    Tim made it seem on many ATE shows

Tim hosts a cooking show too? :)