Strange yet tasty food combinations

124»

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    It is cool! I found out that you get the same effect by microwaving it a few seconds too long with not enough water...crazy. :lol: Nobody likes lumpy grits.
    Lizardjam wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    omg, I like it chewy and lumpy, too!! :lol: I intentionally do not put enough water in it and everybody grosses out on it. (I like grits the same way). My parents are from up north, and they put sugar and butter in it, too...I'm like..h to the no...where's the salt??! funny.

I think my mom just used to cook it too long and it got lumpy! I had to make it for my husband the other day and he likes it creamy with sugar too....ewww. I have never found anyone that likes it lumpy and with salt! Very cool!!
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    EmBleve wrote:
    It is cool! I found out that you get the same effect by microwaving it a few seconds too long with not enough water...crazy. :lol: Nobody likes lumpy grits.

I've never had grits. I have made it in the micro to the same effect, except I make it with milk. I really want some now!

I also love corn bread with strawberry jam. Is that common?
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    I would love some now, too. :lol: And I don't know how common corn bread with strawberry jam is, although it doesn't sound too weird to me...but I like it with accent and salt and pepper. :lol: Yes, a heart attack waiting to happen. (also a whacked out metabolism). it's whatever. :D I can't live without salt... it's amazing that my blood pressure is normal.
    Lizardjam wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

I've never had grits. I have made it in the micro to the same effect, except I make it with milk. I really want some now!

I also love corn bread with strawberry jam. Is that common?
    EmBleve wrote:
    I would love some now, too. :lol: And I don't know how common corn bread with strawberry jam is, although it doesn't sound too weird to me...but I like it with accent and salt and pepper. :lol: Yes, a heart attack waiting to happen. (also a whacked out metabolism). it's whatever. :D I can't live without salt... it's amazing that my blood pressure is normal.

I don't know how widespread across the states jack in the box is but, a friend once introduced me to eating their regular tacos dipped in sweet and sour sauce. SO GOOD!

They're deep fried tacos with hot sauce on them.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

I've heard of jack in the box, but never been there.. you're making me drool. :lol:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

I don't know how widespread across the states jack in the box is but, a friend once introduced me to eating their regular tacos dipped in sweet and sour sauce. SO GOOD!

EmBleve wrote:
    I've heard of jack in the box, but never been there.. you're making me drool. :lol:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

The people look at me funny when I order the tacos and ask for the sauce because they don't go together but they always give it to me! Hmmmm Now I want them too!!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    anyone see this show on Spike called frankenfood?

http://www.spike.com/shows/frankenfood
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Mac 'n' Cheese and ketchup
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • marilormarilor Posts: 618
    I went to a wedding this weekend...they offered a cake with pig's ears inside.... It's good with foie gras....I'm in France ! ;-)
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Idk if mentioned already but watermelon and feta cheese is the bomb! Soooooo good!
    Idk if mentioned already but watermelon and feta cheese is the bomb! Soooooo good!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    edited June 2014
    love my PB and pickle sammiches
    I also put cream cheese on my hot links or keilbasa hot dogs...well, it's called a 'Seattle Dog' Keilbasa dog on a bagel bun with caramelized onions, 'kraut, and cream cheese. (I skip the kraut) so now I 'always put cream cheese on my hot dogs...jalapeno and cheddar dogs are really good with it.

i put siracha on my cottage cheese too

and I used to make 'pizza dip' layer cream cheese with pizza sauce, top with mozzarella and onions bake in a noven until bubbly and eat it with wheat thins
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    edited June 2014
    oh, you can put chopped up pepperoni on the dip too...or ground sausage, etc
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Dip a red apple in a little (little) salt where you bite it...
    JWPearl said:

How about salt and grapefruit. Perfect
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I didn't know thise show existed, pretty entertaining, thanks for sharing

anyone see this show on Spike called frankenfood?

http://www.spike.com/shows/frankenfood

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Mountain Dew with chocolate syrup. I believe it's called a muddy river? It sounds awful, but it's actually quite good!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    French-fried grasshoppers with sea salt. I've only had them once but they were the tastiest snack food I've ever had. I guess they wouldn't work for vegetarians though.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Pickles and milk. I like to dip a big fat dill pickle in a nice cold glass of milk. The best. Try it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • marilormarilor Posts: 618
    brianlux said:

French-fried grasshoppers with sea salt. I've only had them once but they were the tastiest snack food I've ever had. I guess they wouldn't work for vegetarians though.

People who ate them like this said it's very good...should i try ??...not very brave...
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Nacho cheese Doritos dipped in applesauce

Cauliflower crust pizza
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    badbrains said:

I'm with you on this one. So good in summer
  • Ok, bare with me...

I grilled cow liver last night, with BBQ sauce, it was really good. I like the flavor of liver, so it worked for me. But grilling the liver was easy and really tasty.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Easy over eggs and strawberry jam.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    badbrains said:

JWPearl said:

How about salt and grapefruit. Perfect
    I sometimes put salt on watermelon
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Never tried that, I must try that ;)