Strange yet tasty food combinations

Comments

• autumnautumn Posts: 191
    DeLukin wrote:
    Peanut butter and pickles - I love that shat.

Wow, I absolutely LOVE peanut butter and pickles! How do you eat it? I usually make a sandwich, but I've also been known to just dip the pickle in the peanut butter. I prefer the garlic dills, but I'll do any pickle except bread an butter (they're gross). :D
  • not4uuunot4uuu Posts: 94
    fudge swirl ice cream and crispy bacon!!! :D
    pearljammin66
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Popcorn and icecream
    Avocado and vegemite
    Vegemite and jam

I love salty and sweet together
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I'm not one for mixng weird flavours like you lot! Fries and icecream :sick:
    My dad likes cheese and jam sandwiches.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    jimmy fallon has a ben + jerrys flavor called late night snack....has chips and ice cream. i was reluctant to try it because i was repulsed at first. the wife talked me into it and it was delicious.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    autumn wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

Wow, I absolutely LOVE peanut butter and pickles! How do you eat it? I usually make a sandwich, but I've also been known to just dip the pickle in the peanut butter. I prefer the garlic dills, but I'll do any pickle except bread an butter (they're gross). :D

i used to love peanut butter and dill pickles too

I would just make a peanut butter sandwich on white and have pickles on the side :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Peanut butter seems to be popular around here so .......

Peanut butter mixed with applesauce

peanut butter with strawberry yogurt

and who could forget '' The Kings'' favorite- A Fried Peanut Butter and banana sandwich.

And bacon to, how bout a peanut butter and bacon sandwich ? Bacon is a vegetable if you didn't know already !
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    pizza crust dipped in coke or pepsi
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    autumn wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

So cool to see that others love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches too!!! And I agree with autumn, garlic dills are the best. Took me years to get my hubby to try pb&p; but now he loves them too :roll: :D

Another fave of mine is cold brown beans with cottage cheese.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Last week, I almost put some whole grain Pepperidge Farm goldfish in my salad, as a substitute for croutons. :roll:
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    pandora wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    hot dog wrapped in lettuce.
    :wave: mmmm... that sounds really good ! Leave it to a Milwaukeeian :D
    I'm trying that next time there are hotdogs in the house

wish it was a Usingers though :(

Usingers are the best but they aren't gluten free. :(

the concoction last night....hot dog wrapped in bacon with avocados mushed up(like a mayo) wrapped in lettuce. freaking delish! :D
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Jam and Vegemite Sandwich...or...Vegemite and Lettuce Sandwich!....MMmmm :P
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    JTH wrote:

And this doesn't really count as a strange combo, but it's along the lines of throwing the croutons in the salsa. Whenever I get to the bottom of a bag of tortilla chips and all that's left are the crumbs, I just throw them in a bowl of salsa and eat them cereal-style.

I do the exact same thing - you can't let any of those delish chips go to waste!

When I was a kid and would go to the movies I'd mix popcorn with Snocaps and loved it.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Vedda11Vedda11 Posts: 35
    Toast and butter w/ applesauce on top! Ok so since that sounds semi normal I'll tell you the gross one that I love, but everyone else thinks is nasty:

banana sandwich--but not w/ PB....I enjoy mine with Hellman's Mayo....yep banana & mayo sandwich :?
    Nothing said what a waste :)
    yellowwho wrote:
    Peanut butter seems to be popular around here so .......

Peanut butter mixed with applesauce

peanut butter with strawberry yogurt

and who could forget '' The Kings'' favorite- A Fried Peanut Butter and banana sandwich.

And bacon to, how bout a peanut butter and bacon sandwich ? Bacon is a vegetable if you didn't know already !

mmmm...peanut butter...bacon...and banana sandwich....delicious! Now I'm hungry...damn it. :lol:
  • I like peanut butter sandwiches and tomato juice. Even I don't know why? But it's good.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    i_lov_it wrote:
    Jam and Vegemite Sandwich...or...Vegemite and Lettuce Sandwich!....MMmmm :P

Jam & vegemite is just gross. But Vegemite, lettuce and cheese sammies are delish.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    JTH wrote:
    Peanut butter and tuna sandwiches:
    I wanted to make tuna salad one time but I didn't have any mayonnaise so I used peanut butter.

Peanut butter and Cheez Wiz sandwiches:
    This one was a deliberate choice. I figured that those peanut butter and cheese cracker snacks are pretty good, so I gave it a shot.

yeah i like peanut butter combos, my fav. is peanut butter with cheese, ham and tomato.

one at parents toddlers group i tried cheese crackers with a piece of cheese, ans a slice of banana, was actually pretty tasty.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    my grandfather puts american cheese on his apple pie
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Male M&M's (the ones with nuts ;) ) with hot, buttered popcorn.

Or mini-marshmallows with hot, buttered popcorn. Salty & sweet . . . Yum! :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    chicken nuggets soaked in franks red hot over rice-a-roni, with ranch for dipping....college...yum
  • stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    Vanilla ice cream and barbecue potato chips. The goodness.
    Oh that reminds me I love eating BBQ chips with a cold glass of milk. I don't dunk em or anything, just love the combo of flavors!

If you like that combo, then definitely try the ice cream/chip combo. I still get a little weirded out whenever I'm about to have it, but I never regret it.
    Ben and Jerrys has a new ice cream flavor. Its vanilla with salty caramel swirl and fudge covered potato chip clusters. Its called Late night snack. I bought it today. Havent tried it yet. But it sounds pretty damn good.
  • stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    Throw some bacon on anything and it is better. Why? because its bacon damn it.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    curried chicken with american cheese on whole wheat bread :oops:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Speaking of bread. That reminds me of when I was in army cadets, we were in the woods for a couple days and brought us a meal on the truck. It was ham and mashed potato on bread. It was so good! When Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around I put mashed potato on a roll with turkey.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Speaking of bread. That reminds me of when I was in army cadets, we were in the woods for a couple days and brought us a meal on the truck. It was ham and mashed potato on bread. It was so good! When Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around I put mashed potato on a roll with turkey.

that sounds so yummy!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Potato chips on sandwiches are good too. Lays especially.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Peanut butter and pickles on toast mmmmmmmm!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Potato chips on sandwiches are good too. Lays especially.
    i put Lays on almost every sandwich i eat
    stipe19 wrote:
    Throw some bacon on anything and it is better. Why? because its bacon damn it.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: