Options

Radiohead - when will they tour the US again?

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Try reading their message board.....makes these boards look like the most coherent of MENSA discussions!

i've tried a couple of times, but the layout is so god aweful

worst website on the internet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Try reading their message board.....makes these boards look like the most coherent of MENSA discussions!

Ever tried for one of their presales?

They often say "Pre-sale from February 1" They don't give a start time, and since they are based in the UK, they sometimes start them at 4am. People who really want to score tickets usually stay up all night, fingering their F5 button for hours and hours.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

They often say "Pre-sale from February 1" They don't give a start time, and since they are based in the UK, they sometimes start them at 4am. People who really want to score tickets usually stay up all night, fingering their F5 button for hours and hours.

i was late to the party...gf was able to get in for the presale, but they didn't discover...she called me to get my card but i was still in bed and missed the call....i looked when i got up and they were sold out. but yeah, the no time thing is annoying.

we did score good seats on ticketmaster tho...first section on stones side, 20 or so rows up.

from what i could tell, they only do floor seats during the presale? if so, i'm very happey with the seats we got.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

They often say "Pre-sale from February 1" They don't give a start time, and since they are based in the UK, they sometimes start them at 4am. People who really want to score tickets usually stay up all night, fingering their F5 button for hours and hours.[/quote]

i was late to the party...gf was able to get in for the presale, but they didn't discover...she called me to get my card but i was still in bed and missed the call....i looked when i got up and they were sold out. but yeah, the no time thing is annoying.

we did score good seats on ticketmaster tho...first section on stones side, 20 or so rows up.

from what i could tell, they only do floor seats during the presale? if so, i'm very happey with the seats we got.[/quote]

I got my wife similar seats for the San Jose show (she is going without me cuz of tax season!)

For arena shows, I think some of the floor seats end up in public hands.

Is "Stone's side" the new official title of the "Right side" ??
  • Options
    yeah, right side... :lol:

i must admit, i can only name one band member :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

They are nice to see live, but they are very serious up there...not much humor or warmth!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:

They are nice to see live, but they are very serious up there...not much humor or warmth!
    Not quite true...
    Thom's dancing is hysterical and catchy... and Johnny's playing his guitar like a violin is fun to watch as is his getting into EVERY song...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:

Not quite true...
    Thom's dancing is hysterical and catchy... and Johnny's playing his guitar like a violin is fun to watch as is his getting into EVERY song...

true, he does get freaky out at times!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I have been one of them. Toronto in 2008, I spent most of a night pressing 'Command-R' (that's F5 in Mac language), and by about 5:00am, got tired, and found an auto-refresh add-on for Firefox set to check for site changes every 30 seconds. Very aggravatingly, tickets went on sale at about 9:00am. Less aggravatingly, I was still there, and got four tickets in the pit. I then waited four hours to get in, and was standing with a shit-eating grin at the barrier in front of Thom Yorke for a few orgasmic hours.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

And I was thinking it was my computer! It's truly fucked, simply dreadful that board of theirs. There's another site I'm on, but they're not overly friendly on it, and no-one ever replies to me. God knows why not. This board is way superior and the people on by and large on it are decent and friendly, at least willing to discuss things! ;)
  • Options
    How do these shows compare vs. PJ shows? I'm going to see them in Seattle in a few weeks but I'm not a big fan of their's. I haven't been exposed to too many of their songs but I like the ones I know.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    How do these shows compare vs. PJ shows? I'm going to see them in Seattle in a few weeks but I'm not a big fan of their's. I haven't been exposed to too many of their songs but I like the ones I know.

i'll tell ya friday :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

not sure how to answer this...they don't move on stage as much, but the energy is definitely there. they are a fantastic live band & Thom's voice sounds better than ever.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I'd say their light show's better than PJs, but not having yet seen them live I can't really comment. I do believe that RH mix up their setlists, to their credit, unlike some other bands. PJ probably play for a little longer which is going to be favourable over RH. Some people are gonna like PJ better, others Radiohead. I kind of think it's pointless comparing bands and their shows cos they're different and people like bands live for certain things, eg the warmth and banter you get from Eddie, compared with Thom Yorke's freaky dancing. Two totally different bands with different music, I love them both!
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I have a feeling that I won't be seeing this band any time soon. Their show in Australia sold out within ten minutes of going on sale, I can only imagine how fast the tickets will sell once East Coast dates are announced.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I have a feeling we'll hear something about the NE USA very soon..... VERY SOON.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    seeing them tonight. super excited. :D Been on a Radiohead kick all day. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    red mos wrote:
    seeing them tonight. super excited. :D Been on a Radiohead kick all day. :mrgreen:

nice, man!!! they're playing @ Cynthia Woods, right? we saw them there on the In Rainbows tour. have a great time!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    red mos wrote:

So how did the show go? How long did they play for?
  • Options
    pjamaholic wrote:
    red mos wrote:

So how did the show go? How long did they play for?
    Still early inthe states, check back in 4 or 5 hours
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    They played Toyota Center, glad they didn't play cynthia woods (woodlands pavilion - for short). the neighborhood surrounding it is "the woodlands" so the venue often gets abreviated with " so and so" is playing the woodlands. I just figure seeing Radiohead for the first time indoors would be more fitting for their show.

Here is the setlist from setlist.com: Houston, TX 3/3/ 2012

1.Bloom
    2.Little By Little
    3.Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4.Morning Mr. Magpie
    5.The Gloaming
    6.15 Step
    7.Codex
    8.Cut a Hole
    9.These Are My Twisted Words
    10.Airbag
    11.Identikit
    12.Lotus Flower
    13.There There
    14.Feral
    15.Idioteque
    16.Reckoner
    Encore:
    17.Separator
    18.All I Need
    19.Myxomatosis
    20.Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2:
    21.Give Up the Ghost
    22.Nude
    23.Paranoid Android

My mind was blown away. :mrgreen: Radiohead is easily in my top 10 bands, and to finally see them live WOW! :D Finally get to knock them off my bucketlist. Will def see them again. Bummer it's taken me this long to see them live. Just always had shit get in the way before on past tours.

Thanks to MellowNandow via http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead ... eeb2c.html for giving us the setlist. I tend to lose track during the show. What a great show, lights and screen projection designs fit radiohead perfectly.

My personal highlights were: little by little, 15 step, everything in it's place, give up the ghost, Reckoner, and Paranoid Android!!! (crowd sang the "from a great height part") Awesome. I am so blown away. :D Got a poster, cause like pj they are specific to the shows. Shirts are running 40-60 posters were 30, had sticker and badge set (maybe on badge set can't remember but it was 10- 15 King of Limbs LP was $30 I think.

PS: Matt, got my tickets for Heartless Bastards next Sat. Looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully they will be signing the new album afterwards. they are playing the studio at warehouse and it is usually pretty easy to meet bands at Warehouse especially the studio room. Ballroom, you usually have to wait outside, but still easy.
  • Options
    8-)

shirt prices are getting out of control....

is there an opener? i don't remember seeing anything about one, and what time did they come on? thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    The 2012 merch is up on WASTE is people want to check it out before their shows

http://www.waste.uk.com/Store/waste-rad ... +tour.html
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Going to the KC show, just wondering if they are doing different tour posters for each night of the tour? If so, any pics?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I like the way they used the lights. Each song looked like a colorful abstract picture made of lights behind them.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I think I can try and answer this now. I just saw Radiohead for the first time last night.

Both the Radiohead and PJ fan bases are pretty die hard. Meaning it doesn't matter what song is being played, there is cheering all over the arena. Both Radiohead and PJ play pretty long sets.

Although PJ plays new material when they are out promoting a new record, they only play about 5-6 songs from it. Radio Head plays almost all the new record, and pull from the newer ones more. Doesn't seem like they rely on too many hits. They will throw a few in there, but they don't play as many hits in a set as say PJ would.

Radiohead show is more artsy. The background screen projections, and lighting really interact with the music. It's almost more of a production type show. Where as, Ed Vedder will flub lyrics here and there on purpose (It's a humor thing with the fans, not knocking him for it at all). Just trying to compare and contrast the two shows.
    Post edited by red mos on
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the setlist, Redmos. You are incredibly lucky - Paranoid Android is my favourite song of theirs, and then comes There There, both of which you heard live. Not to mention the bonus of 15 Step, which is the song that started it all for me, and Idioteque. Seems like it was a great setlist you got to hear. I hope I'm lucky enough to hear those songs when they play Melbourne in November.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    81 wrote:
    8-)

shirt prices are getting out of control....

is there an opener? i don't remember seeing anything about one, and what time did they come on? thanks

The Other Lives are opening until the March 13th show.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Hopefully they hit up the NE this summer. By the looks of the setlist I will have to brush up on the new material a bit more. Not a huge fan of the new album, but they never disappoint live.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Tonight in Dallas Better Dan & I will be there. Is there anyone else in the Dallas area coming to the show? Any idea what the poster's gonna look like? Very excited for this & thanks for the info.