Options

Radiohead - when will they tour the US again?

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    a few more shows are coming including coachella, seattle, san jose, santa barbara
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Will there be any East Coast tour dates? Boston, NYC, etc.?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    awilkins wrote:

it wouldn't suprise me. lot of open dates on the calender....when the first set of shows were released, they made it sound like a bunch more were coming.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    81 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

it wouldn't suprise me. lot of open dates on the calender....when the first set of shows were released, they made it sound like a bunch more were coming.
    I sure hope so. I really want to see them for the first time, however, it's not really possible for me to get to the West Coast or Europe.
  • Options
    RH need to announce some East Coast dates ASAP!!
    Im creamin over that Coachella line up right now...just cant drop that much coin for one weekend.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    can oregon ever get any love? jeez! i want to see them, but a 7 hour trip via bus to seattle may be a bit much...
  • Options
    can oregon ever get any love? jeez! i want to see them, but a 7 hour trip via bus to seattle may be a bit much...

san jose?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

san jose?

thats just as bad unfortunately. its do-able, but its a pain. i rode the bus to seattle for the 2 2009 PJ key arena shows and im glad i went but that was a hell of a ride. and the san jose show, i rode the bus to the 2006 PJ San Fran III show and again, i was glad i went but boy was that a long ride. i dont really get why oregon is continually ignored by most every major band
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    81 wrote:

san jose?

thats just as bad unfortunately. its do-able, but its a pain. i rode the bus to seattle for the 2 2009 PJ key arena shows and im glad i went but that was a hell of a ride. and the san jose show, i rode the bus to the 2006 PJ San Fran III show and again, i was glad i went but boy was that a long ride. i dont really get why oregon is continually ignored by most every major band

Most major bands are on the take from Greyhound!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

well known fact.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

well known fact.

Only to us, the all-knowing and all-believing!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    I took Greyhound from LA to SF for Outside Lands. I'll never go Greyhound again.

That being said, I'm actually hoping to get to the Santa Barbara show if I don't make Coachella. Maybe both if I'm lucky. :D
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

• Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    I took Greyhound from LA to SF for Outside Lands. I'll never go Greyhound again.

That being said, I'm actually hoping to get to the Santa Barbara show if I don't make Coachella. Maybe both if I'm lucky. :D
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I once took Greyhound from Columbus to Cleveland.....interesting journey.....nice mix of Amish, drifters, a few runaways and me!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I once took Greyhound from Columbus to Cleveland.....interesting journey.....nice mix of Amish, drifters, a few runaways and me!

travelling greyhound is indeed an interesting journey... no matter which route/s you take.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i may have more experience than most. i took a greyhound from oregon to virginia and back again
  • Options
    I'm happy to report, i've never taken greyhou :? nd
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

i may have more experience than most. i took a greyhound from oregon to virginia and back again

yeah well i caught the greyhound from LA to NYC. from NYC to massachusetts. from masssachusetts to seattle. from seattle to st louis and from st louis to massachusetts over a 5 week period. want to compare war stories?? ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493

yeah well i caught the greyhound from LA to NYC. from NYC to massachusetts. from masssachusetts to seattle. from seattle to st louis and from st louis to massachusetts over a 5 week period. want to compare war stories?? ;):lol:
    :shock: that's nuts
  • Options
    conman wrote:

:shock: that's nuts

it was an experience thats for sure. i doubt ill ever set foot on a greyhound again.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493

it was an experience thats for sure. i doubt ill ever set foot on a greyhound again.
    i don't blame you, ive taken a few greyhounds(nothing like your trip) and i don't care to ever do it again either
  • Options

i do actually. i took the amtrak from oregon to san diego to see Radiohead in 2006, and the train was 17 hours late going there, nearly missed the show, and 15 hours late coming back. just a few hours before showtime. absolute nightmare. my hostel charged me a fine because my train was late even though i explained the situation. and the greyhound from oregon to virginia in some state, the driver didnt know where he was, and couldnt figure out how to get back to where he wanted to be, and asked the passengers to direct him. Anyone who has been on a greyhound or amtrak knows the small amount of room between aisles and seats, and i happened to pass by a woman and accidentally bumped against her. i didnt know her. She started swearing at me and flipping out. I told her, im sorry, i didnt mean to, it was a mistake, and to no avail. Sat by a guy who was a user, and told me stories about dealing. Sat next to some kid who most likely is now a serial killer, talked to me non stop about manson and about dead bodies, at one point he started playing charles mansons speeches from his laptop really loud for the entire crew and passengers to hear, i tried to look like i didnt know him. Ive done the bus from oregon to virginia, and back. oregon to san francisco and back. the bus from oregon to berkely and back. the train from oregon to sandiego and back, and the bus from oregon to seattle and back. the worst is getting on a greyhound thats full or nearly full. its like on a regular bus, people put their stuff on the other seat so they have an open seat and dont want anyone sitting there, even though it is an open seat. I got on a nearly full bus, looked around for a seat, everyone was taken, except for some guy who had his stuff on a extra seat, i asked him if i could sit there, as there really was no other option and he gave me a dirty look and grumbled. And of course theres the fact of the matter that even though you have a ticket that says where you are leaving from and the destination, the greyhound and train stop in all sorts of places, making the trip longer. On one trip, a guy answered his cell phone and starts loudly talking, discussing his personal life, his sister who is a prostitute and all this stuff. Overheard a woman and her child talking about how they were nearing the town where her husband/the kids father is in prison.
    I think on my greyhound trip to seattle, i was unaware, that the greyhound in my town isnt open 24 hours, and that they require you now to print you own tickets. So here i was at like 6am, greyhound office closed, ticket confirmation printed up, but no ticket (i had assumed you could just get it printed up from the station) and the driver, looked at me like i was crazy. He let me get on, but when we stopped in corvallis, he told me to get out and at the station there, while we were on break, to talk to the station manager there and print up a ticket. The guy there refused to print up a ticket, he said he was unable to do that on his computer. something like that its illegal for them to print tickets or something. The bus driver felt bad for me i guess and let me ride and i finally printed it up in portland, but i nearly missed the 2009 seattle PJ shows because of that.

let me tell you though, its a surreal experience spending 4 entire days sleeping and riding on a greyhound.
  • Options

i do actually. i took the amtrak from oregon to san diego to see Radiohead in 2006, and the train was 17 hours late going there, nearly missed the show, and 15 hours late coming back. just a few hours before showtime. absolute nightmare. my hostel charged me a fine because my train was late even though i explained the situation. and the greyhound from oregon to virginia in some state, the driver didnt know where he was, and couldnt figure out how to get back to where he wanted to be, and asked the passengers to direct him. Anyone who has been on a greyhound or amtrak knows the small amount of room between aisles and seats, and i happened to pass by a woman and accidentally bumped against her. i didnt know her. She started swearing at me and flipping out. I told her, im sorry, i didnt mean to, it was a mistake, and to no avail. Sat by a guy who was a user, and told me stories about dealing. Sat next to some kid who most likely is now a serial killer, talked to me non stop about manson and about dead bodies, at one point he started playing charles mansons speeches from his laptop really loud for the entire crew and passengers to hear, i tried to look like i didnt know him. Ive done the bus from oregon to virginia, and back. oregon to san francisco and back. the bus from oregon to berkely and back. the train from oregon to sandiego and back, and the bus from oregon to seattle and back. the worst is getting on a greyhound thats full or nearly full. its like on a regular bus, people put their stuff on the other seat so they have an open seat and dont want anyone sitting there, even though it is an open seat. I got on a nearly full bus, looked around for a seat, everyone was taken, except for some guy who had his stuff on a extra seat, i asked him if i could sit there, as there really was no other option and he gave me a dirty look and grumbled. And of course theres the fact of the matter that even though you have a ticket that says where you are leaving from and the destination, the greyhound and train stop in all sorts of places, making the trip longer. On one trip, a guy answered his cell phone and starts loudly talking, discussing his personal life, his sister who is a prostitute and all this stuff. Overheard a woman and her child talking about how they were nearing the town where her husband/the kids father is in prison.
    I think on my greyhound trip to seattle, i was unaware, that the greyhound in my town isnt open 24 hours, and that they require you now to print you own tickets. So here i was at like 6am, greyhound office closed, ticket confirmation printed up, but no ticket (i had assumed you could just get it printed up from the station) and the driver, looked at me like i was crazy. He let me get on, but when we stopped in corvallis, he told me to get out and at the station there, while we were on break, to talk to the station manager there and print up a ticket. The guy there refused to print up a ticket, he said he was unable to do that on his computer. something like that its illegal for them to print tickets or something. The bus driver felt bad for me i guess and let me ride and i finally printed it up in portland, but i nearly missed the 2009 seattle PJ shows because of that.

let me tell you though, its a surreal experience spending 4 entire days sleeping and riding on a greyhound.

OMG! that was awesome.

my first crossing west to east was event free 'cept we left LA an hour late. i couldnt figure out how the bus could leave late when it only had to come 200m tops across the tarmac from the garaging sheds. but anyway it was late but i got to see utah. i was very excited about that.
    on the trip from MASS to seattle we stopped in chicago. i walked into the womens toilet to see this possibly crazy woman quietly having a word in this other woman's ear.later the same woman aoproached me and accused me of loookng at her.. LOOKING TO HER!!! WTF?!! :lol: anyways not knowing what i was dealing with i said i wasnt and just turned my back on her. she was travelling with her daughters and boarded our bus. all through the trip you could hear the older daughter protest to her mum that no one was kicking the back of her seat and her mum would tell her you cant let people walk all over you cause they will if you let them. at one point during the trip she left her daughters(the younger one just a baby) in the bus full of strangers while she did what she had to do at one of the stops. dont know where she got off but when i woke up she was gone.
    on the same trip we had some guy shooting up in the toilet. when we got to rapid city he approached the driver and told him hed over travelled and missed his stop by 3 stops. the guy was such a mess that his seat remained vacant for the remainder of the trip.

cant remember what trip it was but this guy got on talking to himself and spent his entire journey talking to himself. no one would sit next to him. he seemed harmless enough tho.

not a fan of one way cell phone conversations either. and holy fucking shit!!! every stop including the meal breaks turned into a war of attrition as the smokers milked every friggin' second they could. and then they bring their toxic little cloud back on board. that trip to seattle was particularly bad for that cause the driver was a smoker too. needless to say no greyhound ever runs to schedule.

my final trip, which was from st louis to MASS started1 hour late. finally when the bus showed up we boarded and were sitting in our chosen seats revelling in our good fortune when another bus from denver pulled in. our driver decided he liked that bus better so we had to transfer to that bus. the late start meant we got into columbus late, so our connection to cleveland was waiting for us so it could leave. we get off the bus, the driver graciously allowing those of us who had to make the cleveland connection to alight first. then he stood there whilst our baggage was being found saying wee had to hustle. i turned to him and said it was a bit difficult without our bags. we had trouble finding my bag and some other guys bag. and i thoguht itd be just right for me to lose my bags on my last trip via bus. eventually my bag was found, but the other guys wasnt. so we bolt for the cleveland bus... and ive never been so relieved to get on a bus in my life.

i think the upside of travelling by greyhound is that you really do get to see the country.. plus its cheap.

i used amtrak from MASS back to LA. it was so much more relaxed and civilised... and best of all no smoko stops. my next trip i shall be utilising the amtrak network... this time travelling through texas.

and yeah sleeping on the bus for days on end is so tiring. i think cause its not a big solid block of sleep.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    for those traveling to the St. Louis show...

justed book our hotel on priceline name your own price

Hyatt Regency St. Louis At The Arch for 45 (59 w/tax and fee's)

looks like they charge 20 bucks for parking :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    yes, i've ridden plenty of greyhounds, and some of your tales sound familiar, but, nothing compares to this. last year in alberta, the bus is cruising down the road, and a guy pulls out a 12 inch knife and DECAPITATES the guy beside him! he claimed he heard voices telling him to do it. :o
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    mfc2006 wrote:
    hopefully soon. we caught them on their In Rainbows tour & they were awesome. so glad that i finally saw them live. my best guess would be in the Spring. i know they love playing live...from what i understand, they'll be releasing another album in the next 6-9 months & will probably tour for it.

You are so lucky in the States, and I, stuck in Australia am waiting to hear whether they're touring here later on this year, since they haven't come our way since '04 I will be over the moon if they do come out.
  • Options
    Saturday
    Saturday
    Saturday

tour starts tommorrow....looking forward to next friday

is there a st louis pre party? or any good bars near the scottrade center?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    Saturday
    Saturday
    Saturday

Tour started on Monday :lol:
    I was there...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Saturday
    Saturday
    Saturday

I was there...

They don't count Florida as official shows!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Saturday
    Saturday
    Saturday

I was there...

:x

radiohead has the worst website on the internet.

digging your setlist

Bloom
    The Daily Mail
    Morning Mr. Magpie
    Staircase
    The National Anthem
    Meeting In the Aisle
    Kid A
    The Gloaming
    Codex
    You And Whose Army?
    Nude
    Identikit (listen to a bit here)
    Lotus Flower
    There There
    Feral
    Idioteque
    Separator
    Airbag
    Bodysnatchers
    Cut a Hole (listen to a bit here)
    Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    Give Up the Ghost
    Reckoner
    Karma Police
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Saturday
    Saturday
    Saturday

I was there...

:x

radiohead has the worst website on the internet.

digging your setlist

Bloom
    The Daily Mail
    Morning Mr. Magpie
    Staircase
    The National Anthem
    Meeting In the Aisle
    Kid A
    The Gloaming
    Codex
    You And Whose Army?
    Nude
    Identikit (listen to a bit here)
    Lotus Flower
    There There
    Feral
    Idioteque
    Separator
    Airbag
    Bodysnatchers
    Cut a Hole (listen to a bit here)
    Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    Give Up the Ghost
    Reckoner
    Karma Police

Try reading their message board.....makes these boards look like the most coherent of MENSA discussions!