Radiohead - when will they tour the US again?

Comments

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    New leg of the tour starts TONIGHT! Can't wait to see them in Mansfield this evening :)

Hopin they continue playing Planet Telex -- sounded great last few shows......
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Suziemay wrote:
    I failed miserably at "studying" this weekend :oops: :oops: Spent way too much time looking up Myles Kennedy on youtube!..

i finally managed to catch guns'n'roses investure into the hall of fame last night and i thought axl who??? who cares? thats who! :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    New leg of the tour starts TONIGHT! Can't wait to see them in Mansfield this evening :)

Hopin they continue playing Planet Telex -- sounded great last few shows......

Have fun! I am very much looking forward to Thursday night.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 561
    Anybody need two tickets for this Thursday at Newark Prudential Center?? Section 5, Row 13, Face Value ($170).
    Pretty standard set list tonight in MA
    severed hand thirteen

• JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 625
    Anyone know what time Radiohead comes on stage?

I tried to look on the Radiohead site, but that site gives me a headache!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Jenfarr wrote:

if memory serves, they came on around 8:15 or 8:30 in st louis. whatever time the opening act starts, add about 1.5 hours to that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

if memory serves, they came on around 8:15 or 8:30 in st louis. whatever time the opening act starts, add about 1.5 hours to that.

Thanks.

I just got an e-mail saying "Time: 7:30 Doors Open: 6:30".

So the earliest the opening band will come on is 7:30, then I figure Radiohead will come on between 8:30-9, probably closer to 9.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Were there posters at the show?
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suziemay wrote:

they sucked.

they have all beenn like this, but in different colors

$(KGrHqVHJEwE88eJ2PLSBPZ+(GfIb!~~60_35.JPG
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

they sucked.

they have all beenn like this, but in different colors

$(KGrHqVHJEwE88eJ2PLSBPZ+(GfIb!~~60_35.JPG
    Oh yeah, I think I blocked that one out of my mind. LAME!

(but I may get it anyway :lol::lol: )
    81 wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

Thats early! I guess I need to leave work earlier than expected.
    severed hand thirteen

Wow, that was kinda awesome! Even awesomer, getting home in an hour door to door. Beats the RHCP PATH clusterfuck 200% :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Show was great! I'm not a huge fan, I don't love their music but certainly appreciated it. Karma Police was cool :mrgreen::mrgreen: Very cool set. I did not attempt to move around.

Loads of cool merch but seemed pricey. Mens Ts were $45, ladies $40. I think they were expensive because they are made with recycled plastic bottles.They are very soft and think they will be very comfy. Poster was $30 but it's the same design they had for previous shows. I did not buy one, they were that bad!! Coolest item was the Sigg water bottle, $25 for small and $30 for large. They were not supplying bags for your merch so if you go merch crazy, bring your own (or I think there were canvas totes you could buy). There was also this strange looking pillow/stuffed animal thing.

If you're going to tomorrow's Newark show, they are being very strict with checking bags. It took awhile to even enter the venue and they looked through every single thing in the bags. Never seen such strict bag searches at a concert before.

Radiohead hit the stage around 8:50/8:55. Not sure about the opening act I completely missed them, I think it took us more than 30 minutes to get inside the venue!!
  • NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Suziemay wrote:
    Wow, that was kinda awesome! Even awesomer, getting home in an hour door to door. Beats the RHCP PATH clusterfuck 200% :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Show was great! I'm not a huge fan, I don't love their music but certainly appreciated it. Karma Police was cool :mrgreen::mrgreen: Very cool set. I did not attempt to move around.

Loads of cool merch but seemed pricey. Mens Ts were $45, ladies $40. I think they were expensive because they are made with recycled plastic bottles.They are very soft and think they will be very comfy. Poster was $30 but it's the same design they had for previous shows. I did not buy one, they were that bad!! Coolest item was the Sigg water bottle, $25 for small and $30 for large. They were not supplying bags for your merch so if you go merch crazy, bring your own (or I think there were canvas totes you could buy). There was also this strange looking pillow/stuffed animal thing.

If you're going to tomorrow's Newark show, they are being very strict with checking bags. It took awhile to even enter the venue and they looked through every single thing in the bags. Never seen such strict bag searches at a concert before.

Radiohead hit the stage around 8:50/8:55. Not sure about the opening act I completely missed them, I think it took us more than 30 minutes to get inside the venue!!
    Do you remember when it ended?

Thanks for the tip on searching bags- did they allow cameras?
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks for the tip on searching bags- did they allow cameras?
    Oops, just responded on that other thread. Show ended around 11, and cameras were allowed :) They are looking for beverages, food, pot and weapons, from what I can tell.
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks for the tip on searching bags- did they allow cameras?[/quote]
    Oops, just responded on that other thread. Show ended around 11, and cameras were allowed :) They are looking for beverages, food, pot and weapons, from what I can tell.[/quote]

Thanks again!
    I stopped bringing in some of those items in the late 70s!
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    Suziemay wrote:

the woman loves her t shirt. she got the purple reverse radiohead on the front one.

it didn't take us long to get in at all. yeah, they serched, but just a quick peek. took us longer to figure out how to get in with the ticketless tickets.

glad you had a good time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Oops, just responded on that other thread. Show ended around 11, and cameras were allowed :) They are looking for beverages, food, pot and weapons, from what I can tell.

Thanks again!
    I stopped bringing in some of those items in the late 70s!
    :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, if you can go without a bag it might save some time and unpleasantness (I wish they didn't feel the need to be such hard-asses, would it kill them to crack a smile?!?). I think someone ahead of me had pot in a ziploc baggie, I don't even know how she responded when the dude was like, wtf, lady?
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks for all the info. Suziemay!
    81 wrote:
    the woman loves her t shirt. she got the purple reverse radiohead on the front one.

it didn't take us long to get in at all. yeah, they serched, but just a quick peek. took us longer to figure out how to get in with the ticketless tickets.

glad you had a good time
    :lol::lol: I can relate. Those shirts looked really cool! I got the red one, and the black/yellow venue one.

I did notice the GA line was a lot shorter which was curious. No peeking in the seated lines. It was a full on bag assault: Rummage through the bag, pull out anything and everything that looked suspect, and glare at the guilty party for a full 5 seconds before moving on.

Or maybe you guys just looked super harmless :mrgreen:

Come to think of it, he didn't spend much time in my purse either but I didn't have much in my bag.
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    What a fantastic show last night!! Blown away by that band's talent!! We got to the venue about 6:30, when they said doors would open, but it took us a LONG time to get in (we had non-W.A.S.T.E. GA tickets) and ended up missing some of the opener. Funny, SuMay, I didn't experience strict security at all for me or the people around me at the time. From what we did see of the opener, Caribou, I really enjoyed. They're a really neat band comparable to Radiohead and Animal Collective. We ended up getting great standing spots and then waited for the show to begin. At one point, I don't know HOW the two mountains of human beings who ended up in front of us got there, but a guy who was at least 6' was standing directly (and I mean my face was almost on his back) in front of 5'3" me! For a little while I could barely see anything but during some songs I was able to look up at those cool screens! To make it worse, they were basically chain smoking the entire night and cigarette smoke, which I can't stand, was blown right in my face and eyes- not cool. As much as that was annoying as hell, I made sure it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the show! It was pretty tightly packed where I was, but eventually, during the 2nd half of the show, the tall guys were finally able to move a bit and I got to see the stage again! It's pretty hard not to enjoy a Radiohead show- a complete audio-visual experience that I really can't even compare anything I've seen before to. The band was extremely tight and Thom sounded fantastic. I'm a very casual Radiohead fan and after seeing them live, my respect for the band has skyrocketed. They are just SO good at making music! It was great hearing Idioteque, as that is my favorite Radiohead song. I knew that they were going to play a lot of newer stuff and was hoping for Give Up the Ghost, my favorite of their newer songs and was delighted to hear a stunning version of it! Of course, everyone singing Karma Police was amazing to hear- I'm a sucker for awesome crowd participation! Overall a great night! Wish I had the money to be going again tonight!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Pavilion seating for the Chicago show on Stub hub is very reasonable......30 bucks a ticket. I'm thinking about it......someone persuade me please.
    Pavilion seating for the Chicago show on Stub hub is very reasonable......30 bucks a ticket. I'm thinking about it......someone persuade me please.

go to the show for sure.

might see some better tickets drop on livenation...looks like the 30 tickets are way way way in the back.

defiantly worth it for the 30 bucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

go to the show for sure.

might see some better tickets drop on livenation...looks like the 30 tickets are way way way in the back.

Im old, and my knees can't take standing in the lawn all night, I need to sit from time to time. I figure, 60 bucks for me and the wife to see a good show is nothing.....
    81 wrote:

go to the show for sure.

Im old, and my knees can't take standing in the lawn all night, I need to sit from time to time. I figure, 60 bucks for me and the wife to see a good show is nothing.....

i agree about pavillion over lawn, and the pavillion price isn't much more than the lawn. i'd go pavillion as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bought em.....
    Bought em.....

8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    You can buy some of the tour merch online too: http://www.waste.uk.com/Store/waste-rad ... +tour.html

Shipping doesn't seem too awful. It is in GBP though.
    Here are some photos from tonight's Newark show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 006774118/

Another great Radiohead show!
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    Set lists are not changing enough. Happy I sold my ticket for last nights show after going on Thursday.
    severed hand thirteen