2011 New York Jets Season thread!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Brandon Marshall has money on the Jets, I'm convinced of this after the stumble turned into a pick 6 and the running out of bounds when he should have had a touchdown.
    :lol::lol:

I thought that would have been a tough catch, but if Gruden and Jaws tell me he should have caught that pass from the 3 ... then dammit, that's another one.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    how many fucking passes is plax gonna drop this season :x
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    conman wrote:
    No shit man i was texting with my brother about that.

As of rigth now the jets are not a good team. They can regroup though and make a run. They just need to tighten up and get that Jet Football swagger back.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    conman wrote:
    No shit man i was texting with my brother about that.

As of rigth now the jets are not a good team. They can regroup though and make a run. They just need to tighten up and get that Jet Football swagger back.
    they definately need to get their heads in the game
    g under p wrote:
    conman wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    I GAURANTEE the JETS will beat the Dolphins on MNF there's NO WAY they can lose this game. If they don't I will change my avatar. :D

Peace
    i hope you're right, because they suck at life right now

It can't be ANY worse than the Dolphins.....they REALLY suck and it's all the talk down here in S Florida. There's no Heat to speak of so it's the Dolfans wallowing in misery but I still gaurantee a Jets victory or my avatar gets changed.

Peace
    i guess you get to keep your avatar :twisted:
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    My Dolphins team stinks...:(
    Where was the pass rush? How can Marshall drop so many catchable balls?
    I'm afraid Tony might have lost his job for sure last night...a bye week to prepare for a team w/ a 3 gm losing streak and THAT is how they come out?

Jeez...

Crow sucks by the way
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    My Dolphins team stinks...:(
    Where was the pass rush? How can Marshall drop so many catchable balls?
    I'm afraid Tony might have lost his job for sure last night...a bye week to prepare for a team w/ a 3 gm losing streak and THAT is how they come out?

Jeez...

Crow sucks by the way

Ok THIS is how bad the Dolphins are....the PANTHERS Floridas hockey team scored MORE GOALS than the flicking Dolphins.....7 to the Phins 6. Now that's sorry, it's all the talk down here in a sad tropical rainy day. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    big win today...didn't see most of it but plax had a big day..sweet

they needed that win going into the bye
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Same ol' Sanchez ... he just doesn't protect the ball enough ... what a horrible pic in the endzone.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    big win today
  • :lol: You guys are still a joke
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,147
    :lol: You guys are still a joke

Pats are going nowhere in the playoffs with that D.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

... and how did Marc Sanchez do against that D? :lol:

I hear what you're saying, but there is no front runner in the AFC, every team has warts. I think any team that makes the playoffs in the AFC could just as easily get a bye and make the superbowl as be one and out.

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,147
    jimed14 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

... and how did Marc Sanchez do against that D? :lol:

I hear what you're saying, but there is no front runner in the AFC, every team has warts. I think any team that makes the playoffs in the AFC could just as easily get a bye and make the superbowl as be one and out.

Jets are not a playoff team at this point. I would put Pitt, Houston, Cincy (which is crazy), and even Baltimore who lost today, over the Pats. They can make the SB, but I don't see it happening.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    I can just cut and paste this every week it seems ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Same ol' Sanchez ... he just doesn't protect the ball enough ... what a horrible pic in the endzone.

Outplayed ... by THIS guy ...

tim%20tebow%20bowing.jpg

i wanna punch tebow in the throat
    thank god i only bleed hockey...

im numb to disappointment with them so it doesn't even faze/upset me anymore
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Admittedly, that was a tough game for the Jets ... coming off a heated, prime time game with the Pats, then to have to travel cross country for a Thursday night ... unkind scheduling for sure.

jimed14 wrote:
    Admittedly, that was a tough game for the Jets ... coming off a heated, prime time game with the Pats, then to have to travel cross country for a Thursday night ... unkind scheduling for sure.

extra rough all year...

i'am shocked at the titty sched, the pats have...granted nobody thought the colts would be winless...but regardless the pats have 6 games left against weak teams thus they will win the division easily

just hope the ravens kill brady in the post season :mrgreen:
    jimed14 wrote:

extra rough all year...

i'am shocked at the titty sched, the pats have...granted nobody thought the colts would be winless...but regardless the pats have 6 games left against weak teams thus they will win the division easily

The difference between the Pats and Jets schedule is exactly 2 games.

Jets got Jacksonville and Baltimore
    Pats got Indy and Steelers

The other 14 games are against the same teams.

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

extra rough all year...

The difference between the Pats and Jets schedule is exactly 2 games.

Jets got Jacksonville and Baltimore
    Pats got Indy and Steelers

The other 14 games are against the same teams.

yea but sunday night i saw the remaining sched of the pats games and all the teams left have shit records at the present time

point being ,the division is locked for the pats....enjoy another division title...hockey has already consumed me,but now its official :mrgreen:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I thought for sure the Jets were going to beat up the Broncos but it was not to be I gather.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I thought for sure the Jets were going to beat up the Broncos but it was not to be I gather.

Peace
    i was very disappointed
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    WOW WHAT A FINISH!

i narrowly avoided multiple heart attacks at the end of this one. i'm sure you people did as well :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Another win...another lifeline to the wild card spot. I like that Maybin is doing well as a Jet. Once again proving that Buffalo is a death sentence for good players. :lol:
  • Cleveland lost and so did Oakland. The wild card stars are aligning.
    we have life.......
  • we have life.......

And all the remaining games are winnable......it's their's to lose.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jets are just not playing like a team i have confidence can make a deep run right now.

I hope they can somehow turn a switch and get things clicking again. Its been a fun year to watch, but last year i had faith the team could be dangerous in teh post season. If i'm honest with myself i just don't feel that way this year.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Jets are just not playing like a team i have confidence can make a deep run right now.

I hope they can somehow turn a switch and get things clicking again. Its been a fun year to watch, but last year i had faith the team could be dangerous in teh post season. If i'm honest with myself i just don't feel that way this year.

I think most Jets' fans share your sentiment and know they don't have the same swagger as last year. But I do think they stand a good chance at the wild card. It that happens they could pull out a few play off games because they are a team that seems to thrive under pressure.