Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    They need to let Chicago, Green Bay and Minnesota all into the playoffs and leave the bullshit divisions like the NFC East at home where they belong.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    They need to let Chicago, Green Bay and Minnesota all into the playoffs and leave the bullshit divisions like the NFC East at home where they belong.
    :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698

it can happen....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    I am sure this has been said but I don't really feel like looking back, but Rodgers is a dork. Crying about 60 minutes portraying him as sensitive ( :lol: ) and upset that they weren't Aaron Rodgers Public Relations LLC and didn't show him at his charity.....come on.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am sure this has been said but I don't really feel like looking back, but Rodgers is a dork. Crying about 60 minutes portraying him as sensitive ( :lol: ) and upset that they weren't Aaron Rodgers Public Relations LLC and didn't show him at his charity.....come on.
    :|
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am sure this has been said but I don't really feel like looking back, but Rodgers is a dork.

BJRAJI.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    for the 1st time ever, i completely agree with cliffy. rogers is a huge dork

as for today, what a lucky win vs a shitty team. disgusting.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    davidtrios wrote:

Rodgers is a fuck! The most over rated QB in the NFL by far. He's lucky Brett Favre left or he'd still be riding the bench...in fact Favre could come back tomorrow and take Rodgers job from him in a heartbeat.

Please come play for the Bills.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I'd rather have a QB that's a dork than a douche.

Cutler2-3527.jpg
  • Options
    douchier

rodgers+fu+manchu.jpg
  • Options
    :|
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well its been hard for Rodgers cause 2 of the kids that his charity and the macc fund work with have passed away very recent. From what I read and heard Rodgers was close with the kids. Him and Ryan Braun do a lot of local events for sick children .

Rodgers was treated like shit by farve when he joined the team. He wants to prove he can take green bay all the way and well so far he has and I don't think were done. Not a great win but its a win. Mason you suck time to go. And rodger's throw to Cobb in the 4th quarter for a touchdown you guys talking trash wish yr teams quarterback could make that throw.

Get ready bear fans the pack is coming so bear down or whatever bullshit comment you say. Hehe
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Rodgers is a fuck! The most over rated QB in the NFL by far. He's lucky Brett Favre left or he'd still be riding the bench...in fact Favre could come back tomorrow and take Rodgers job from him in a heartbeat.

[/size]

That made no sense. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Excellent points Patrick!

The rest of you are just jealous, I know I would be!

DS you're dead to me.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Excellent points Patrick!

The rest of you are just jealous, I know I would be!

DS you're dead to me.

Idk some of these guys are smoking crack if you ask me. lol ;)
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    What's funny to me is that when you look through all the other football threads and the only time you see packer fans comment in them it is always something nice or something that is 100% a joke. Yet here this thread is filled with about 50% bitching from people that don't like the packers. About half of that is joking, which I am perfectly fine with, but then there is the other half that are just acting like whining babies. But when all is said and done Rodgers has a ring without screaming at the players that help him win the game as if he is in charge of them and throwing things on the sidelines when he is angry (Tom Brady), or crying like a child whenever things don't go his way (Manning bros). And Coach Mike has a ring without cheating/putting a bounty on people (pats/saints). As far as I'm concerned the Packers and Steelers are the only teams to win super bowls in recent years with dignity.

And as for the bears fans, the ones that aren't just kidding, September 27th 2010. 6 meetings ago between the Packers and Bears, that is the last time that the Bears were able to best the Packers, and in a few weeks they will most likely lose to the Packers again, and if they don't it will truly be a case of "even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes". At this point, at least until either of the teams' rosters have drastically changed, I think the Packers should just start the season 2-0 and the bears 0-2 and only play 14 games in order to prevent the risk of injury, being that the outcome of their games is always the same ever since Aaron Rodgers has fully adapted to the NFL.

It really upsets me to say some of these things because I have a lot of respect for some of the above mentioned teams/players. The bears are one of my favorite teams to watch and I have a great deal of respect for the majority of their players, it's the stuck up sore loser fans that make me hate them, it's really a shame.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    What's funny to me is that when you look through all the other football threads and the only time you see packer fans comment in them it is always something nice or something that is 100% a joke.

Not entirely true, I can be a world class douche in the Cowboy thread.

But usually my sentiments are echoed by a lot of the actual Cowboy fans.

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    RiotZact wrote:
    What's funny to me is that when you look through all the other football threads and the only time you see packer fans comment in them it is always something nice or something that is 100% a joke.

Well the Cowboys thread is one I pay very little attention to, possibly because their fans aren't constantly in this thread hating on the packers. May I ask why it is that you have a hatred for the cowboys? :lol:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Well the Cowboys thread is one I pay very little attention to, possibly because their fans aren't constantly in this thread hating on the packers. May I ask why it is that you have a hatred for the cowboys? :lol:

I don't know if I'd call it hatred, or if it's even for the team (although I'm not a big fan of Romo) as much as it's for Jerry Jones. Plus I live in the Dallas area, and living in Cowboys territory can be very annoying. I remember one time in middle school, the week before one of their Super Bowls in the 90's our principal had a Cowboys day where they encouraged everybody to wear their team gear. I thought I'd be kind of a smartass (plus my wardrobe consisted mostly of Packers gear anyway) and wear a Packer shirt. I was sent to the principal's office and he made me take the shirt off and wear some old lost and found shirt. A couple of years ago when Dallas won their first playoff game in ages, you would have thought they won the Super Bowl, and Saturday Night Live (with host Charles Barkley, that I intended to watch) was preempted for the non-stop post game coverage. Things like that (I could go on for a while) have made me pretty anti-Cowboys.

Edit: I forgot one of the worst things. I was at the Thanksgiving game (where Jason Garrett beat the Packers, reason enough to not like them) and the fans were disgusting people. I'll put it this way, they aren't above throwing things (including cups of beer) at a child wearing the other team's gear. That last thing happened at a different game than the Thanksgiving game, and I wasn't the one who got hit.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

crazy-and-funny-sports-photos-16.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

crazy-and-funny-sports-photos-16.jpg

• Options
    rex has a little smile going on there. :lol:
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Just a question, I am not a packer fans to be honest but think they are a great team but for some reason I just don't have the same feeling of them as last year. I thought the Packer were by far the best team but this year they don't seem to have the same energy.

Does anyone else feel that way?
  • Options

I don't know if I'd call it hatred, or if it's even for the team (although I'm not a big fan of Romo) as much as it's for Jerry Jones. Plus I live in the Dallas area, and living in Cowboys territory can be very annoying. I remember one time in middle school, the week before one of their Super Bowls in the 90's our principal had a Cowboys day where they encouraged everybody to wear their team gear. I thought I'd be kind of a smartass (plus my wardrobe consisted mostly of Packers gear anyway) and wear a Packer shirt. I was sent to the principal's office and he made me take the shirt off and wear some old lost and found shirt. A couple of years ago when Dallas won their first playoff game in ages, you would have thought they won the Super Bowl, and Saturday Night Live (with host Charles Barkley, that I intended to watch) was preempted for the non-stop post game coverage. Things like that (I could go on for a while) have made me pretty anti-Cowboys.

Edit: I forgot one of the worst things. I was at the Thanksgiving game (where Jason Garrett beat the Packers, reason enough to not like them) and the fans were disgusting people. I'll put it this way, they aren't above throwing things (including cups of beer) at a child wearing the other team's gear. That last thing happened at a different game than the Thanksgiving game, and I wasn't the one who got hit.

I can totally understand where you're coming from - living in Chicago makes me hate the Bears ten times as much as if I lived in Wisconsin.

Can't believe people threw stuff at kids :(
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    Just a question, I am not a packer fans to be honest but think they are a great team but for some reason I just don't have the same feeling of them as last year. I thought the Packer were by far the best team but this year they don't seem to have the same energy.

Does anyone else feel that way?

Hmm...that's an interesting point. They did go 15-1 last year, so they were touted as the team to beat all season long...but if you can't make it in the playoffs then it's all moot anyway, right? The offense is certainly struggling more than it did last year. Having Jennings out has made a huge impact but like Zack has mentioned Jones and Nelson have really stepped up this year. Plus we've got tons of rookies on the D this year that are trying to make a name for themselves. Personally, I like it when they fly under the radar, hopefully they can get it together and everyone healthy come playoffs so they can pump that energy out when it really matters!
  • Options
    The best team rarely wins the Super Bowl. Even the last time we won it, I didn't think we were the best team. Hell, I was just surprised we made the playoffs. Bob Costas made some comment on SNF last night that I found interesting, the last team to have the best record and win the Super Bowl was the 2003 Patriots, 9 years ago. That's why I was a little wary last year, something about being so far above the radar didn't sit right with me.

I never EXPECT us to win the Super Bowl, because it's a long shot for any team, so when we do I'm pleasantly surprised. All it takes is one team being on fire to end your whole season in the playoffs, it's such a competitive league. The last two winners (NY and GB) came in on the Wild Card. When you're doing well, people are gunning for you. So regardless of what is happening on the field, I'm more comfortable with the way things are going this season than I did last year when we were undefeated and the talk of the league.
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

I'm sure that's NEVER happened at Soldier Field. Bears fans hold hands to sing Kumbaya then every fan chips in cab fare for the away fans.

I guess it's classier to have a riot...

7fd7105fceeaaed42d8b33492a6de14d.jpg
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

Every team's got 'em. This guy was being a total dick. I've been to Lambeau countless times (the first time as a non-Packer fan mind you), and have never witnessed someone act like this. They really truly are for the most part the best fans and most hospitable fans in the league. Where's the clip of the people allowing everyone in their homes pre-game?!
  • Options
    i know i know...just stirring it up...

i was actually searching for videos of arron rodgers screaming at teammates and this popped up :lol: