questions about ghosts, apparitions, banshees

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I experienced something bizarre the night of my grandfather's death.

March of 2005, My grandfather had cancer, and I believe had he not died the way he did, the cancer would've gotten him anyway. He was falling ill, and was taken to the hospital where they determined he had some fluid in his lungs that needed to be removed. While they were treating my grandfather he experienced cardiac arrest and passed away with my grandmother by his side.

I came to see him that night, but unfortunately I was too late and didn't get to say goodbye. After leaving the hospital that night, I went to my parents house (where I was then living) while my mother went with my grandmother back to her home to stay with her for the night. The events had left me shaken and I was shocked that this amazing man to me had just died. I was alone in my parents house and I heard the phone ring, it startled me a bit... the caller ID said it was my grandfather's phone in his home office. Weird, I thought... and answered.

"Hello?" I said

after some white noise, I remember vividly my grandfather's voice saying back to me: "Can you hear me?"

My heart dropped, and when I said "Who is this?", my mother's voice came through and said "It's your mom, can you hear me?"

Perhaps it was in my head... but, I just feel it was more than that...:?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    dcfaithful wrote:

March of 2005, My grandfather had cancer, and I believe had he not died the way he did, the cancer would've gotten him anyway. He was falling ill, and was taken to the hospital where they determined he had some fluid in his lungs that needed to be removed. While they were treating my grandfather he experienced cardiac arrest and passed away with my grandmother by his side.

I came to see him that night, but unfortunately I was too late and didn't get to say goodbye. After leaving the hospital that night, I went to my parents house (where I was then living) while my mother went with my grandmother back to her home to stay with her for the night. The events had left me shaken and I was shocked that this amazing man to me had just died. I was alone in my parents house and I heard the phone ring, it startled me a bit... the caller ID said it was my grandfather's phone in his home office. Weird, I thought... and answered.

"Hello?" I said

after some white noise, I remember vividly my grandfather's voice saying back to me: "Can you hear me?"

My heart dropped, and when I said "Who is this?", my mother's voice came through and said "It's your mom, can you hear me?"

That's wild....My wife had a somewhat similar experience as a child. Her grandmother had a brain aneurysm and passed away at home over night. She(wife) had came down with a pretty bad fever during the night and they really had no explanation. The next day, since the wife was too young at the time to be dealing with it so they kept her at the house and in the dark about everything goin on but by the times things had settled down her fever had gone away.

I don't see how people can roll their eyes at stuff like this. OK, I can see why but it would be quite a coincidence for so many people to have similar experiences. Ironically it's often religious nuts that will think it's ridiculous.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Hello?" I said

wow. That's crazy. I totally believe it was him.

EmBleve wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Hello?" I said

:?:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    EmBleve wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Hello?" I said

sorry, I messed up the quotes.. :?
    EmBleve wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Hello?" I said

sorry, I messed up the quotes.. :?

No problem. Yeah, I believe it too... it was so damn eerie, but when something like that happens because it's someone you love and know loves you... in a way, it's not scary.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    No problem. Yeah, I believe it too... it was so damn eerie, but when something like that happens because it's someone you love and know loves you... in a way, it's not scary.
    Right, totally. I've been telling my parents for years to get in touch with me somehow when they are gone (knock on wood). I think it would be very comforting. On the other hand...somebody you didn't know...hmmm..scary. It would probably feel like yikes, a violation..like, what's coming in?
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I'm glad you started this thread.. it's really interesting to hear everyone's experiences..
  • At the risk of sounding a little crazy (which I'm sure I do on here from time to time :D ), here is my story:

We would always see a "lady in white" walking down the hallway of the house that we lived in when we first got married. Should would always follow the same path down the hall either to or from the bedrooms to the living room. We just always called her the ghost. Ok, lets fast forward to my son being around the age of about two. One day he was standing in the living room, facing the hallway and he just turned down the hallway and waved and said, "hi." Another thing, and probably the one that made me get goosebumps was one day I was getting ready in the hall bathroom and I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye, but just ignored it. My son was in there with me and he ask, "who was that?" I said, "who?" His reply, "that lady in the hall...." oooooo....I swear, true story.

Edit: I'm glad I found this thread, I love ghost stories.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    I don't believe in any of it at all ...i've never been given any proof to believe otherwise ...that also goes for Gods , saints , extraterrestrials and the lot :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    here's another one...

after we moved out of our old house my sisters friend still lived in the same house on our old street. One night my dad was dropping her off at her place and as they were driving up this hill not far from our old street my sister remembers seeing an old man walking up the street, kind of limping, but she couldn't see his head! she didn't make a scene out of it, or point it out to my dad, she just thought maybe he was in a shadow or something. The next day, it still bothered her so she asked my dad if he remembers seeing that man, he said yes and that he also couldn't see his head.

A few years later my brother was driving up the same street with his girlfriend at the time, as they drove past the same spot my brothers girlfriend made a passing comment about some old drunken dude walking up the street, not sure if she could see his head or not. My brother said where? she said right there! he said what? i can't see anyone, she said are you blind he's right there! so he did a u turn and drove past the spot again but he was gone. She then felt the sensation of spider webs all over her skin.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Scary!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Dang Dang wrote:
    no...

Remember this song?
    http://youtu.be/sOnqjkJTMaA
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134097&hilit=ghost+tour

I made a thread about stuff like this a year ago. Lots of cool stories in that thread. Lots of cool stories in this thread too. I love this shit! :mrgreen:

Still Here has some CRAZY stories in the old thread. :shock:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134097&hilit=ghost+tour

I made a thread about stuff like this a year ago. Lots of cool stories in that thread. Lots of cool stories in this thread too. I love this shit! :mrgreen:

Still Here has some CRAZY stories in the old thread. :shock:
    yeah i remem ber
    oddly enough this isn't my first one either

what the :evil:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • This is something I wouldn't believe if I heard it from someone else.We used to play the ouija board all the time when I was 15ish. We made a homemade board because we heard it was stronger. I always heard you shouldn't do it alone so of course I wanted to try it. I was moving the eyeglass lense we used when it got so hot that I had to pull my fingers away. The eyeglass lens was black as if someone held a lighter to it. Not as cool as a spirit showing up uninvited but I thought it was pretty damn cool at the time.
    Emily
  • At the risk of sounding a little crazy (which I'm sure I do on here from time to time :D ), here is my story:

We would always see a "lady in white" walking down the hallway of the house that we lived in when we first got married. Should would always follow the same path down the hall either to or from the bedrooms to the living room. We just always called her the ghost. Ok, lets fast forward to my son being around the age of about two. One day he was standing in the living room, facing the hallway and he just turned down the hallway and waved and said, "hi." Another thing, and probably the one that made me get goosebumps was one day I was getting ready in the hall bathroom and I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye, but just ignored it. My son was in there with me and he ask, "who was that?" I said, "who?" His reply, "that lady in the hall...." oooooo....I swear, true story.

Wow. I really do believe children are more open to these things. I work at a daycare and I have always felt like there was some kind of spirit there. We recently got a four year old girl who will sit in the corner talking while the other kids are playing. Someone asked her who she was talking to and she said the lady with the tick bites. Later on someone asked her who the lady was and she said she was a nice old lady who was laying in the grass and got sick from tick bites. My co workers blew it off but I was thinking "I KNEW IT!" That's cheesy compared to these other stories.
    Emily
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    At the risk of sounding a little crazy (which I'm sure I do on here from time to time :D ), here is my story:

Wow. I really do believe children are more open to these things. I work at a daycare and I have always felt like there was some kind of spirit there. We recently got a four year old girl who will sit in the corner talking while the other kids are playing. Someone asked her who she was talking to and she said the lady with the tick bites. Later on someone asked her who the lady was and she said she was a nice old lady who was laying in the grass and got sick from tick bites. My co workers blew it off but I was thinking "I KNEW IT!" That's cheesy compared to these other stories.
    It would be interesting if you did some research on that plot of land to see if a woman died from lyme disease.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    At the risk of sounding a little crazy (which I'm sure I do on here from time to time :D ), here is my story:

It would be interesting if you did some research on that plot of land to see if a woman died from lyme disease.
    my exact thoughts.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    the following goes in the catergory of "psychic dream shit." it is a short story and it happened this morning.
    so around the hours of (i'm guessing here) 3-6am i was dreaming of my mother sifting a flour type product in regards of removing bugs from ingredients to prepare some sort of baked goods.

when i had awoken i found out that mom had date bread in her oven. but previous to the date bread she tried making banana nut bread out of a box mix that she discovered was full of bugs.

what the?
    how does that work?
    how does that happen?

this is too much, but does not really surprise me much.
    make sense? :wtf: :crazy: :wtf:
    (probably not)

i've had this kinda thing happen to me a lot, ever since i was a wee lad.
    but this is the most recent and best sign i've gotten in awhile.
    there's some wild frickin bullshit 'round here lemme tell ya what.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think I've made a mistake. I am sitting her at 12:20, just me and the dog. Watching Amityville II and reading this thread.

I think it's time to go to bed and read a nice story about nothing that will frighten me, something like flowers and marshmallows.
  • I believe that you can "hold" the dead here with your memories. But, its a chancy thing to do, because often they get stuck here, and become embedded in pattern or objects that fall out of the family or out of contact with their own blood ties. I think when this happens, you get those random stranger sightings and feelings, like ladies in white, and old guys sitting in chairs and stuff.

I have altars for my departed and I keep them well stocked, as a result I know that my parents and my first "husband" and a few others are always with me. Sometimes I can see them, sometimes I can hear them, and often I can invoke them for support or strength.

Its shadowy tho, and is just a glimmer of the relationships we had when they were truly alive. So I still mourn and miss them.

I would post a picture of my altar, but I am on my ipad and too damn lazy to switch to the computer for tinypics.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I definitely think young children have a sixth sense. That was what solidified my belief in the fact that something was in that house. However, I know when the house was built and nobody ever died in it. I wonder if it could have something to do with the land?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    chadwick wrote:
    the following goes in the catergory of "psychic dream shit."
    I remember a psychic dream i had a few years ago. In my dream i was at work and one of my coworkers was crying and being consoled by another coworker, i thought that he was leaving work for good but he was saying that he's has to go away for a little while and he will be back.

I had this dream on the weekend and thought nothing of it when i woke up. When i went to work the following monday my coworker wasn't there because his brother had died in a car accident that weekend.
    some weird stuff happened last night and today both over at my mom's house.

1. she paints. her painting above the dog food and water area falls off the wall twice yesterday.
    2. yesterday a little earring box that sits beside her bed was moved across the nightstand and turned upside down.
    (all within 20 minutes)
    3. then this afternoon she comes home and her painting is on the floor again.

the lady that originally lived where my mom does also died there and was found by mom's neighbor. she probably roams the grounds and area and knocks things off the wall and turns jewelery boxes upside down and moved across tables.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My mom had a very close friend to her die of cancer about 15 years ago at a very young age. My mom's friend used to pinch her in the butt all the time, it was kind of her thing, you know? So my mom was in the hospital room when she died and she said that not 2 minutes after her friend died, she clearly felt someone pinch her on the butt. There was no one else in the room with her and my mom is NOT into this kind of stuff at all.

I definitely believe in ghosts and weird things happening, we'd be kind of arrogant not to, no?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    http://now.msn.com/now/0323-ghosts-fruit-roll-ups.aspx
    supermarket ghost throwing goods off shelves onto floor

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    When I was a baby mum and dad did a house exchange with a elderly couple,as the man could no longer manage the stairs in the house.
    The council department moved us into their house and they moved to our bungalow,but the old woman was very resistant to the move.
    We were in the house a month when the old man died.The old lady wanted the house back but the council lease did not make this possible.The old lady frequently came to the house to try to get my parents to return to the house she was in,at times she was quite abusive to them about the issue.

About a year later neither mum,dad nor my bro could get the bedroom doors upstairs open without some force.The following day mum heard the old lady had died the previous day.

The rest of the time we lived in that house all the bedroom doors upstairs were very stiff to open no matter what joiner etc came to try to fix them,they could never find anything wrong with the doors.

From about 5 steps from the top of the stairs the atmosphere was very cold,even in the summer or when the heating was on.Mum often saw an vision of an old lady at the top of the stairs who would stop her from walking up the stairs.Mum was convinced the old lady came back to the house when she died and stayed up stairs almost as a reminder that she had never wanted to leave that house.

Mum was never comfortable in the house and after years of strange happenings we eventually moved when I was 7 years old.

On a lighter note I prefer the though of incubus and succubus visiting in the night :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    incredible stuff folk! i have recently video taped orbs on accident. i only knew of one for a couple weeks now. i may have accidently deleted the first video where an orb flew right behind me around my left shoulder area. just to make sure i did another search veiwing several short videos of myself fucking around being a dick. when just moments ago i stumbled across a different video altogether of an orb this time flying across the ceiling behind me.

1. fist video: orb very near me flying around my left shoulder
    2. second video: orb flying across the ceiling behind me

these fuckers are fast like a shooting star of something. white/gray little ball type looking things not at all fucking around in the realms of slowpoke city. unreal. i have been on this adrenaline kicks now for a good 2 hours or so. fuck yeah!

i can't post it here but i will try to figure things out

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://youtu.be/mV5TcBZLVbA
    check the ending of this video
    it starts flying fast around 1:40ish

this shows the fastness that orbs have. same as the ones i've caught on my videos.
    no this is not my video but in comparison it is the speed of the thing that is the same.
    if i only knew how to load and edit my videos i could share with y'all the orbs i've caught on webcam on accident while i'm playing guitar and being an ass

i watch my videos and make new ones almost daily/nightly in hopes of catching new sightings. the two orbs i've filmed have been caught on webcam in daylight hours and in the same room of the apartment. which by the way the lady who lived her before died in this place in her chair.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce