questions about ghosts, apparitions, banshees

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
daemons, demons, devils, eidolon, ethereal being, hauntes, incorporeal beings, kelpies, manes, phantasms, poltergeists, revenants, shades, shadows, souls, spectors, spooks, vampires, visions, visitors, wraithes, and zombies

let's get stupid... :evil:

i been into the otherside since i can remember. i've saw and heard and felt odd things. unexplainable events have always occured involving frightening or awesomely cool happenings.

what's going on with any of you others? got something badass to tell? scary? psychic shit? open your mouth/typing fingers and go... ready?
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Heheheh got ya thinking????

I have slept at the most haunted place in Australia, Junee N.S.W., they reckon 2 people fell off the balcony, another person was burnt alive in the carriage house. A lady broke her neck down the stairs and a man was kept chained out the back. Most terrifying night I ever had.......LOVED IT! :lol::lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I think my house is haunted sometimes. Had a few things turn off and on and think I've seen stuff slip into the hall when I'm sitting in my living room and bedroom on opposite ends of the house.

My sister has the craziest story of anybody I know.

Not long after my brother died there was a song that reminded my mom of my brother that she kept trying to get my sister to listen to. Sister kept meaning to but hadn't got around to it. She was standing across the room from her computer soon after and the song just popped and started playing. She could smell the cologne my brother always wore and when she sat down at the computer she could feel hands on her shoulders.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my mom swears there's a ghost of a little girl in the house i grew up in(she still lives there) i've never seen it but she swears she wakes up in the middle of the night and it's in her bedroom
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    no such luck for me.... I wouldn't mind staying at some haunted house - just to see what happens ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I am definitely a skeptical believer...have had enough experiences to know there is something else out there, but I always exhaust plausible explanations before deciding something is paranormal.

We've had some weird stuff happen since my mom died. I find comfort in it though, not fear :)
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I keep an open mind. I've never seen anything, but often feel like someone is watching over me. Often when I close my eyes at night it's like the lights have been switched on - it's all bright and I feel very peaceful, I think it's my grandad.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DewieCox wrote:
    Not long after my brother died there was a song that reminded my mom of my brother that she kept trying to get my sister to listen to. Sister kept meaning to but hadn't got around to it. She was standing across the room from her computer soon after and the song just popped and started playing. She could smell the cologne my brother always wore and when she sat down at the computer she could feel hands on her shoulders.

I have a hard time believing stories like this, but something like that is so profound and about someone so close to their heart... I believe this happened to your sister... and say what you will, I cannot find any rational explanation other than your brother being present.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mikalina wrote:
    no such luck for me.... I wouldn't mind staying at some haunted house - just to see what happens ;)

The girlfriend has tried to talk me into the Lizzy Borden home... I just won't do it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this one time when i lived in the hood

i was dating this chick.

she spent the night (shocking i know :P )

she claimed to have seen this little girl in the living room chair. claimed her mother was killed, or killed her...it's been so long i have forgot some of the details.

so we went to the library and started poking around in the microfiche and found a story of a girl in the area that might have fit the description of this girl.

this little post doesn't do it justice, but it was weird.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    After my Mother-in law's bro passed away in an accident, she had a dream that he was standing at the foot of her bed, he only had a small scratch above his right eye in her dream even though it had been a very bad accident.
    He pointed his finger at her and yelled "Your Next!!". Freaked out, she rang her Father who happened to have had to indentify his body and told him about the dream.
    He told her that it's strange because when he saw his body, he only had a small scratch above his right eye and rest of his face hadn't been damaged. :? Always thought that was spooky. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Loulou wrote:
    After my Mother-in law's bro passed away in an accident, she had a dream that he was standing at the foot of her bed, he only had a small scratch above his right eye in her dream even though it had been a very bad accident.
    He pointed his finger at her and yelled "Your Next!!". Freaked out, she rang her Father who happened to have had to indentify his body and told him about the dream.
    He told her that it's strange because when he saw his body, he only had a small scratch above his right eye and rest of his face hadn't been damaged. :? Always thought that was spooky. ;)
    wow that is spooky! :shock:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    conman wrote:
    my mom swears there's a ghost of a little girl in the house i grew up in(she still lives there) i've never seen it but she swears she wakes up in the middle of the night and it's in her bedroom
    :shock:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    DewieCox wrote:
    I think my house is haunted sometimes. Had a few things turn off and on and think I've seen stuff slip into the hall when I'm sitting in my living room and bedroom on opposite ends of the house.

My sister has the craziest story of anybody I know.

that's pretty strong stuff

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    my sister used to have an acquaintance with this weird guy all into the occult.

We were having a bonfire with a group of people and decided to call him at home on speaker phone. He said he could 'travel' to our house through us. We held hands and did some sort of meditation thing where we kind of visualized ourselves as one and floating through the air and connecting wherever he lived.

He went though my house (where he never was before) and he was able to describe it near perfectly room to room. (he lived about 20 miles away).

a couple things really proved that he saw. First, he said there was a lump in my parents' bed. My father had to work early and was sleeping in the room. Second, he noted how incredibly messy a room was (my room). he said the bed was cocked off the wall a bit. Later, returning to the room, I realized I had earlier pulled the bed away from the wall looking for my asthma inhaler. I left the bed like that.

He had us travel to his place in the same fashion and call out what we saw. He said we were about 60% accurate and me especially. I remember being able to visualize his place a bit.

He went on later and told us that he would dabble deeper and deeper into this stuff. I wasnt really following all he said.... but I do remember that he said he would see shadowy figures in mirrors all the time and dark things would emerge and try to attack him. It seems bizarre, but based on what he pulled earlier, I dunno.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    two..
    When my Grandpa on my mother's side passed away, my older sister, my step sisters and I were all outside playing with the horses, and we saw my Grandpa in the driveway, he waved to us, and we all heard him yell "good-bye".. we all waved back, and went back to playing.. then ten minutes later my mother ran out of the house bawling and told us all he'd passed away..
    In 2007 three weeks after my Mother passed away in her bedroom, I had taken over the room, her cat woke me up cause he wouldn't stop meowing.. he was at the end of the bed, and I swear to GOD I saaw my mother there petting him!! I blinked and she was gone..Before we lost that house, I used to feel her in it all the time..
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    July 2003, I was applying for a job as a transcriptionist in the Seattle Police Department. I knew that I would be meeting the criminals basically as the point-of-contact within the building. I started to remember the stories I heard from survivors of family violence; domestic violence, child sexual, physical, and mental abuse when I was a crisis counselor.

During this time one night I was having a nightmare. I saw a man and his son, and they were wearing the same preppy clothes; khakis' and polo. I saw the man tell his son to go into his room, and I knew that the man was going to sexually assault his son. It's like I was a bug on the wall. Before I could get more freaked out by what I was seeing I felt that I was getting hit on the arm; like someone hitting me really hard with his/her pointer finger on my upper arm. I kept getting hit on the arm not only until I was awake from the dream, but it continued until I was mad enough at who ever was hitting me to be distracted from the horror I was feeling as the nightmare progressed. When I was fully conscious I thanked the room because I had the impression someone came from the other side to help me out of a bad situation. My paternal grandpa is the most bad-ass man in my family, so I was thinking it was him. I mean he's that type of person who would think hitting me would help me 8-)

but, then my maternal grandmother would hit us with a wooden spoon on the legs so I thought it was her. Family, gotta love them!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    What's even more interesting, is that this isn't the first time I posted this story on this board. I always feel joyful when I do. It's like the other side is giving me the opportunity to say Hi again
    :) Like they are giving me the warm fuzzies.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    my friend's husband died when he was 29. this happened in the nineties. we went to his viewing. that night, I saw him in my hallway in my dream. he was about 10 feet from me, he waved at me and disappeared into the wall :)

About 2-3 years ago, I felt creepy when I was putting clothes away in a dresser and I turned quickly to look in that same hallway and something white disappeared.

one day I was on my way home from work in some of the worst traffic and it was hot. I was nervous. I had stopped smoking in 1991, but this one day, I was determined to buy some cigarettes when I got gas. I pulled off at a gas station and after I put the gas in, not sure how, but the gas got all over my hands. Would you want to light a cigarette after that? I took that as a sign, lol...

when I had my other cat, alot of creepy things happened when it was just the two of us here. I used to post about footsteps in the hall and the doorball that rang and no one was there....he would sit at the top of the stairs looking at the door. he would roll on the floor like someone was rubbing his belly and he would twist back in the forth in the same spot in the living room. he was sadly very sick and was put to rest in 2007. those things have stopped.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    wonderful stories. thank you good people for sharing, y'all are awesome.

i'll tell grampa's story.
    grandma had died. some time later (which was short in length) grandpa remarried this nasty woman. anyhow, in their new apartment (we bought grandpa and grandma's house out in the country, grandpa moved to town) they were sound asleep until these red velvet ropes full of brass bells went off like a mother-fer in the smaller hours of darkness. they were hanging on the wall or something, all windows closed and stuff. the brass bells and red velvet ropes were being thrown about wildly and mad as fuck.

(grandpa, you're an idiot...love you grandma)
    (wilma... you are a nasty stupid bitch)

R.I.P. everyone

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    daemons, demons, devils, eidolon, ethereal being, hauntes, incorporeal beings, kelpies, manes, phantasms, poltergeists, revenants, shades, shadows, souls, spectors, spooks, vampires, visions, visitors, wraithes, and zombies

i been into the otherside since i can remember. i've saw and heard and felt odd things. unexplainable events have always occured involving frightening or awesomely cool happenings.

what's going on with any of you others? got something badass to tell? scary? psychic shit? open your mouth/typing fingers and go... ready?

uh huh....do you want new ideas for a book?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

uh huh....do you want new ideas for a book?
    sure i do, go ahead
    ???

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    This is an awesome thread. I've always had an interest in the other side, too. I have a few stories, but I'll just tell one right now. It was my aunt. Back in the day in 1971, she gave birth to my cousin. Her dad had died in 1969 (my cousin would have been his first grandchild). After the birth, my aunt was lying in bed alone feeling 'baby blues' as she calls it, with her back towards the door of the room. She said she suddenly felt like her dad was in the room with her. She was scared to look, so she just laid there. She said then she felt something against her back, and it was like he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek (she said it felt like two fingertips lightly touching her cheek). She felt it was her dad. She thought 'thank you for coming, but please don't do that again, it scared me'. It was gone. Later that day, my mom and my grandma went to see her, and when they went in the room, they saw a pink smoky haze in the room but didn't say anything to my aunt about it; they said they checked the bathroom and the windows thinking something may have been on fire outside or something. A couple months later, they were sitting around talking and my aunt told them this story. And they said "that's the day we came in to see you and saw pink smoke in the room". My aunt didn't know what they were talking about so they told her, and it all made sense. Freaky.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I have nothing interesting to contribute, but I support this thread.
    you own a bar on the shore
    that's creepy enough
    your beach front is haunted by dead pirates from the carribean

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:
    you own a bar on the shore
    that's creepy enough
    your beach front is haunted by dead pirates from the carribean

Strange things are afoot on the Rhode Island coast...
    my amityville horror thread reminded me that our town had a homicide/suicide by the dad, then he shot the dog inside his carrier before killing himself. the lady who used to cut my hair lived 2 houses away...I wonder if that house was re-sold. that made me sick when I heard about it....he should have gotten help inside of killing innocent children as they slept. I was wondering if a serial killer did it, the police thought the dad did it and closed the case :(
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    After i was born my parents added an extention to the family house, an extra two bedrooms and a bathroom. The part where the old house joined the extension always felt uneasy and i would always run or walk very fast when passing through that area. I had some really bad dreams about the house when i lived there, and even today when i dream about it, it's always a very uneasy feeling. Our family moved to a new house when i was 15 but my brother stayed behind for a few more years and rented with friends. He had a friend from overseas visit and one time when she was walking back to her room she saw a man standing in the hallway, she called my brother and said there was an old man in the house! i don't remember what he said back to her, but he assured her that an old man doesn't live there.

It wasn't until we had moved out that we shared stories of little things that happened while we were there and the feelings of uneasiness in certain areas. One time the shower turned itself on and off, another time i remember hearing a few knocks on the back door and thinking it was just the dog, but they were really distinct knocks. I also remember feeling a presence in the middle of the night, my dad felt someone tap on his shoulder and my sister also saw an apparition when she was a child. There are lots of other little stories but i can't remember them now.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I so badly want to witness a supernatural event.

For years I thought I did, but my friends eventually broke and told me it was a prank they played on me. :lol:

I'm non-religious, but just want to see or hear something that can't be explained..
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Gob wrote:
    I so badly want to witness a supernatural event.

I'm non-religious, but just want to see or hear something that can't be explained..

me too
    and
    me neither

i would love to get freaked the fuck out (by a supernatural event)
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"