Preposterous Ponderings

Comments

• RKCNDY wrote:
    Why doesn't baseball have cheerleaders? I mean, Football, has cheerleaders, Basketball has a dance team, pretty sure hockey has some dance teams too....the Mariners get dancing groundskeepers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYBJ_yj_YWg
    In the same vein, why is baseball the only sport where the coach (manager) wears the same uniform as the players :?

I guess since they're ex-players, they like to feel that, although managers now, they could go out and hit a homerun if needed.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Why aren't there any sports teams named after gorillas? We've got Lions, Tigers and Bears. All kinds of teams named after birds, including fucking penguins. Sharks, dolphins, mighty fuckin ducks. We've got Sabres, Panthers, Jaguars, Coyotes, Bills, Buccaneers, Bengals, Broncos, Bruins, Cubs, Grizzlies, Bulls....Hornets.

Why no gorillas? What's wrong with gorillas?
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Why aren't there any sports teams named after gorillas? We've got Lions, Tigers and Bears. All kinds of teams named after birds, including fucking penguins. Sharks, dolphins, mighty fuckin ducks. We've got Sabres, Panthers, Jaguars, Coyotes, Bills, Buccaneers, Bengals, Broncos, Bruins, Cubs, Grizzlies, Bulls....Hornets.

They would lose due to prison rules. :D
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Why aren't there any sports teams named after gorillas? We've got Lions, Tigers and Bears. All kinds of teams named after birds, including fucking penguins. Sharks, dolphins, mighty fuckin ducks. We've got Sabres, Panthers, Jaguars, Coyotes, Bills, Buccaneers, Bengals, Broncos, Bruins, Cubs, Grizzlies, Bulls....Hornets.

Lol! Hey now, gorillas can get down and dirty with the best of 'em. What would you put your money on - Ducks or Gorillas? I rest my case.... :D
    Why aren't there any sports teams named after gorillas? We've got Lions, Tigers and Bears. All kinds of teams named after birds, including fucking penguins. Sharks, dolphins, mighty fuckin ducks. We've got Sabres, Panthers, Jaguars, Coyotes, Bills, Buccaneers, Bengals, Broncos, Bruins, Cubs, Grizzlies, Bulls....Hornets.

Lol! Hey now, gorillas can get down and dirty with the best of 'em. What would you put your money on - Ducks or Gorillas? I rest my case.... :D

Well, that is completely true...but I was thinking your question from the other day...bear vs gorilla... :lol::lol:

Besides, a duck can get him the jewels when he isn't looking. Prison rules, right?

• They would lose due to prison rules. :D

Well, that is completely true...but I was thinking your question from the other day...bear vs gorilla... :lol::lol:

Besides, a duck can get him the jewels when he isn't looking. Prison rules, right?

I remember the Bear vs Gorilla question, lol

And no way a duck would get a gorilla in the jewels. (I suppose with a hockey stick it could be done, lol) But I think a Gorilla is more suited for football or basketball anyway!

And no way a duck would get a gorilla in the jewels. (I suppose with a hockey stick it could be done, lol) But I think a Gorilla is more suited for football or basketball anyway!

Football, definitely...The Seattle SilverBacks would make an awesome name for a team. :think: :thumbup:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Football, definitely...The Seattle SilverBacks would make an awesome name for a team. :think: :thumbup:

hey...we have the Everett Silvertips....I think those are wolves though :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

There is.. In Pittsburg Kansas there's the Pittsburg Gorillas.. College team.. but they exist..
  • Why aren't there any sports teams named after gorillas? We've got Lions, Tigers and Bears. All kinds of teams named after birds, including fucking penguins. Sharks, dolphins, mighty fuckin ducks. We've got Sabres, Panthers,
    Jaguars, Coyotes, Bills, Buccaneers, Bengals, Broncos, Bruins, Cubs, Grizzlies, Bulls....Hornets.

There is.. In Pittsburg Kansas there's the Pittsburg Gorillas.. College team.. but they exist..

Oh a college team, lol. Not good enough for the big leagues yet. I didn't know there was a Pittsburg Kansas...
    RKCNDY wrote:

hey...we have the Everett Silvertips....I think those are wolves though :?

Maybe it could be a name for another "Farm" Team? :shifty:
    If a board member gets enough people to 'foe' them...do they automatically get banned?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Where do stupid people come from?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

Funny! But what about the Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians and Chicago Blackhawks??
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    If a board member gets enough people to 'foe' them...do they automatically get banned?

If a board member, who you have tagged as foe starts a thread, can you not see it?
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

RKCNDY wrote:

If a board member, who you have tagged as foe starts a thread, can you not see it?

I dunno...want me to 'foe' you, then you start a thread, and I'll see if I can see your thread? :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I dunno...want me to 'foe' you, then you start a thread, and I'll see if I can see your thread? :lol:

I think I like your idea better....all foe'in one person to see if they just get canned :lol:
    hmm...maybe we could just choose off the birthday list :think:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

RKCNDY wrote:

I think I like your idea better....all foe'in one person to see if they just get canned :lol:
    hmm...maybe we could just choose off the birthday list :think:

:lol::lol::lol:

"Happy Birthday...you're banned!"

- Christopher McCandless
    Why does dental floss have an expiration date? Does the flavoring go bad and make you sick? does the floss degrade over time? the wax break down? :eh:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Why does dental floss have an expiration date? Does the flavoring go bad and make you sick? does the floss degrade over time? the wax break down? :eh:

yes to all
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes to all

no question from shimmymommy
    so

why suicide watch on death row?
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    :oops: thanks chickweed... :lol:

To elaborate on Dang Dang's generally bad ideas post:

Why are there trees on ski slopes?
  • Why am I not hungry, until I smell someone else's lunch being cooked? I swear, I could go all day without eating...until someone else cooks up something yummy smelling...then im hungry as hell and can't function anymore till I eat my lunch. Damn u! I should be able to make it for at least another hour!!

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    why does a 'brain freeze' always feel instead like a 'stomach freeze' to me?? Have I no brain to freeze? :shock:
    when a house is obviously vacant, and nobody is taking care of it...i.e. the blackberry bushes are literally engulfing the house, the grass is 4 feet high, and the fence is broken down...why do the ratfucks keep putting phone books, newspapers and notices on the front door?

- Christopher McCandless
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Why is every weather event in the Northeast "catastrophic"?
    Do dogs get annoyed (like humans do) when they step in dog poo?

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Do dogs get annoyed (like humans do) when they step in dog poo?

no, only when they step in human poo
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Can a hooker be laid-off?
    #FHP