Preposterous Ponderings

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    EmBleve wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    why is my paycheck lower than some migrants (and truly nothing against them, but rather the system), and I have to pay full price for dental care when the same dentist advertises the same care for a $20 fee for a migrant worker? hmm.

Sounds like it's time to negotiate, if you haven't already. Bring it up with the DDS. I would.
    yes, I did. ;) And the ad is for 'seasonal workers' only I was told. I mean, I am paying it (and the price is rather reasonable considering no insurance), but there is just something inherently wrong about this and leaves a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). :D

I agree.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    RKCNDY wrote:
    If blue cheese is already moldy...how can you tell when it goes bad? I mean, it already smells funky...
    being I sell this type of cheese among others, I NEED an answer to this!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    If blue cheese is already moldy...how can you tell when it goes bad? I mean, it already smells funky...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 224AAeF6pK

note the comment at the bottom :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 224AAeF6pK

note the comment at the bottom :lol:

but that doesn't work if said blue cheese is 'blue cheese crumbles'...I think my fridge is on the fritz...***gets ready to buy a thermometer for the fridge***

...hey, what temp should a fridge be set at? 38? 42? F not centigrade!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    RKCNDY wrote:
    but that doesn't work if said blue cheese is 'blue cheese crumbles'...I think my fridge is on the fritz...***gets ready to buy a thermometer for the fridge***

I always set mine on "coldest" to keep my beer cold (since that was about all in the fridge besides ketchup and mustard) until my woman moved in....then it started freezing certain things...now it can't be on the coldest setting :lol:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    RKCNDY wrote:

I always set mine on "coldest" to keep my beer cold (since that was about all in the fridge besides ketchup and mustard) until my woman moved in....then it started freezing certain things...now it can't be on the coldest setting :lol:

your wife should buy you a mini fridge...just for your beer, (yes, you can tell her I said so) then you could keep it as cold as you want. If Mr. RK drank beer more often, I'd do that...we still have about 8 beers in the fridge from....uh....turkey day (I think) :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Why don't refrigerators have 'idiot lights/alarms'?

like my fridge is at 60F right now....had it started beeping at like 50F, I could have put all the ribs and bacon in the freezer, made myself a huge omelet...now all my food is spoiled. :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:

like my fridge is at 60F right now....had it started beeping at like 50F, I could have put all the ribs and bacon in the freezer, made myself a huge omelet...now all my food is spoiled. :evil:

They are too busy building them with digital clocks. ;)
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

and with monitors so you can 'see' what's inside...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs018-m5fIsWV3WDOYpcl_c4NT65ZlCgf-adtRy7K8ysGqeoeX5Q

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

and with monitors so you can 'see' what's inside...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs018-m5fIsWV3WDOYpcl_c4NT65ZlCgf-adtRy7K8ysGqeoeX5Q

:D :thumbup:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Why do some people leave christmas lights on their home all year round - just drives me crazy !! :roll:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Iwe still have about 8 beers in the fridge from....uh....turkey day (I think) :?
    this is my preposterous pondering

thats pathetic :p
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Iwe still have about 8 beers in the fridge from....uh....turkey day (I think) :?

I don't really drink that much...if I do, I like red beer...Mr RK likes Heineken...i have a bottle of strawberry boones! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I don't really drink that much...if I do, I like red beer...Mr RK likes Heineken...i have a bottle of strawberry boones! :lol:
    well you should drink more :P :lol::lol:

why does metsy think I need to drink more? :eh:

- Christopher McCandless
    cause drinking beer is fun

does 420 think im an alchy? :eh:

Why does no one want to touch metsy's question with a ten-foot pole? :lol:
    Why does no one want to touch metsy's question with a ten-foot pole? :lol:
    i was wondering that too. :-? :wtf: :eh:

Why doesn't baseball have cheerleaders? I mean, Football, has cheerleaders, Basketball has a dance team, pretty sure hockey has some dance teams too....the Mariners get dancing groundskeepers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYBJ_yj_YWg

- Christopher McCandless
    Why am I still giddy like a catholic school girl who got away with something really bad? :lol::lol::lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Why am I still giddy like a catholic school girl who got away with something really bad? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm afraid to hazard a guess.
    Did you?!?
    :shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

I'm afraid to hazard a guess.
    Did you?!?
    :shock:

Fortunately, I didn't do anything bad...I'm just sooo giddy over all the PJ stuff coming up in the next 6 weeks or so. I am so terrible at doing bad things...well...I guess I am bad at that! :lol::lol:

Do people think I am a "goody two-shoes"? :oops:

Wait, does anyone still use that saying? :lol::lol::lol:
    living as I had for so long, how did I get to today?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    What's the difference between caplets and tablets? I was in the store last night to buy some aspirin, and they've got "caplets" and "tablets"...they look exactly the same except that the shape is a little different...and the tablets aren't gel-tabs...so it's confusing.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Why are they called the TEA party???
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Is it bad that I think of something completely different when I hear the term "tea-baggers", which has been used so much in politics lately? :?
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Is it bad that I think of something completely different when I hear the term "tea-baggers", which has been used so much in politics lately? :?
    :lol::lol:
    Why are they called the TEA party???
    something about a criminal act that happened in Boston some time ago.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Why are they called the TEA party???
    something about a criminal act that happened in Boston some time ago.

Oh, so it has nothing to do with tea? j/k
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Why doesn't baseball have cheerleaders? I mean, Football, has cheerleaders, Basketball has a dance team, pretty sure hockey has some dance teams too....the Mariners get dancing groundskeepers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYBJ_yj_YWg
    In the same vein, why is baseball the only sport where the coach (manager) wears the same uniform as the players :?
    We were but stones your light made us stars