Preposterous Ponderings

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    When I order a root beer, why do people say, 'We don't have root beer, but we have Dr. Pepper'
    (it's NOT the same thing!)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RKCNDY wrote:
    When I order a root beer, why do people say, 'We don't have root beer, but we have Dr. Pepper'
    (it's NOT the same thing!)

Yeah, what the hell? :lol:

Too bad they don't follow-up with, "We don't have root beer, but we have sarsparilla"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Is the whole 'that's what she said' thing ever going to get old? It's just really not that funny anymore...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Is the whole 'that's what she said' thing ever going to get old? It's just really not that funny anymore...

Thats what she said!

Ooops....sorry!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Thats what she said!

Ooops....sorry!

:roll:

I should've expected that. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Do trees get sad when it doesn't rain? :shifty: :lol: And yes, I am being a smart ass! :lol:
    yes, they do. And thirsty. :)
    Why must there be someone who yells out "Free Bird" during a live performance of anything...
    that's excellent! :lol: And, I have no idea, but it's a good question.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    If Pinnochio says, "My nose will grow."

What happens?
    #FHP
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

What happens?

Someone will say that what she says.
    DS1119 wrote:

What happens?

Someone will say that what she says.

:x

:lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    It has always amused me when every time a crook runs on Cops, they eventually catch him and ask him why ran. the answer invariably comes back: I was scared....but never do they say I was scared of going to jail

I remember one episode...a bicycle cop is chasing a guy running down the middle of the street and the crook turns around and asks him 'why are you chasing me?'

duh, fuckstick, because you are running when I told you to stop
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Why do the 'baristas' at Starbucks always argue with me about my drink after I place my order? I thought they were supposed to make my drink 'however I want them to make it'... :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    It has always amused me when every time a crook runs on Cops, they eventually catch him and ask him why ran. the answer invariably comes back: I was scared....but never do they say I was scared of going to jail

I remember one episode...a bicycle cop is chasing a guy running down the middle of the street and the crook turns around and asks him 'why are you chasing me?'

a question off of that...why do all the perps on cops never, ever wear shirts?
    norm wrote:

a question off of that...why do all the perps on cops never, ever wear shirts?

And why do they always say the drugs in their pockets isn't theirs and they don't know how it got there? I've been out of college for a while but when I had drugs in my pockets I always new they were there and how they got there. :-D :thumbup:
  • And why do the cops always seem surprised when the criminal starts to run?
    Emily
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Ahem...

Why is popping bubble wrap so enjoyably addictive?
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer?
    Why do people yawn when other people yawn...but some people can't pee when someone else is peeing?

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer?

you bought a cheap fridge? mine has a light in both.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Why do people yawn when other people yawn...but some people can't pee when someone else is peeing?

:lol:

people are nut jobs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Why do I give so much money to the government?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :lol: good question. Along these lines, I read once that you can test how empathetic your dog is to your feelings; if you yawn in front of them and they see you, if they yawn too, they are empathetic doggies. If they don't, oh well, they can't relate. :D I tried this with my cat, it didn't work. I just got the cat look back.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    why do i love spring and summer so much yet half the time i want to cut my head off because of allergies making my head hurt and my nose run?

why doesn't soccer just go right to shoot outs instead of wasting 2 or more hours on regulation and overtimes?

why do women insist on putting their change away at the counter holding the rest of the line up?

why can't food that is good for you taste as good as the crap that is bad for you?
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Ever have a stupid question you wanna ask, but don't really want to ask? Here is your chance to ask or ANSWER those stupid questions...you don't have to answer the question above you, but please at least quote the question with your answer....

My question:

Being bombarded by those Vern Fonk ads for years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJ3HVDTIqY
    I gotta wonder...do people really 'honk when they drive by Vern Fonk'?

I did. Haha!! But it was late at night and the place was closed so it didn't really count.
    If blue cheese is already moldy...how can you tell when it goes bad? I mean, it already smells funky...

- Christopher McCandless
    Is this heat wave the punishment for those of us who were not raptured a few months back?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    I have the "highplan" on my health ins. smoking cessation meds are not covered.

Umm, doesnt smoking INCREASE health costs?
    Wouldn't STOPPING lower my health care costs and whats paid out BY my insurance company?

Doesn't it make smart financial sense to cover cessation meds?

Couldn't the execs NOT take a bonus to make sure these are covered?

What the FUCK am I paying 240 a month for?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I have the "highplan" on my health ins. smoking cessation meds are not covered.

Umm, doesnt smoking INCREASE health costs?
    Wouldn't STOPPING lower my health care costs and whats paid out BY my insurance company?

Doesn't it make smart financial sense to cover cessation meds?

Couldn't the execs NOT take a bonus to make sure these are covered?

What the FUCK am I paying 240 a month for?
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    apparently to keep smoking?

why is my paycheck lower than some migrants (and truly nothing against them, but rather the system), and I have to pay full price for dental care when the same dentist advertises the same care for a $20 fee for a migrant worker? hmm.
    EmBleve wrote:
    why is my paycheck lower than some migrants (and truly nothing against them, but rather the system), and I have to pay full price for dental care when the same dentist advertises the same care for a $20 fee for a migrant worker? hmm.

Sounds like it's time to negotiate, if you haven't already. Bring it up with the DDS. I would.
    EmBleve wrote:

Sounds like it's time to negotiate, if you haven't already. Bring it up with the DDS. I would.
    yes, I did. ;) And the ad is for 'seasonal workers' only I was told. I mean, I am paying it (and the price is rather reasonable considering no insurance), but there is just something inherently wrong about this and leaves a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). :D