Men, grow your hairl long!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I have longish hair...probably around 8-9 inches.
    I've been fortunate to have good hair, and at the age of 30, it's still as thick as it was when I was 18.

I like it long, but I do hate it at times. The Arizona summers aren't a lot of fun with it long, and it sucks when I'm working out, doing outdoor stuff, etc...but I guess that's what baseball hats are for. :)
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,139
    here is me from 2 summers ago... i am a little thinner now after losing about 40 lbs...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

and here is me from last weekend...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    No, prefer a clean cut man myself. Maybe a little scruff, but definitely not long hair.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    No, prefer a clean cut man myself. Maybe a little scruff, but definitely not long hair.

depends on the age.......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:

depends on the age.......

No, i've never really cared for it. I don't mind Ed in the Yield days, a little long but not that God awful look he has now. He looks 10 years older than he is right now.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i just recently got a haircut. got my hair buzzed after it being a bit to long. i had the typical hockey player long hair.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chlorine eats and dries he hell out of mine. when it isn't about half fucked it is out of control ringlets that i do like. when it is fucked up it is a straw dreadlock type doo which can't be picked out without pulling hair out in heaps. piss me off. and it happened a bit ago while running a hair pick through it while showering after swimming. i have to pick it with conditioner in it.

i've learned that brushing, combing, or picking my hair is bullshit, so i don't fuck with it much. there has been times where i've went many months without brushing my hair. fuckin wild shit on my head, man.

that darn swimming pool gets me a bit cross with what it does to my hair and all, stupid fucking chemicals.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Ok I've had this pathetic crush on a guy at work and he's got long hair which NEVER turns me on. In fact it usually has the opposite effect. I totally dig long-ish hair, like the kind you can run your fingers through or juuuust enough to put in a pony-tail (like ed's) but not long past the shoulders.

I'm quite surprised
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    Ok I've had this pathetic crush on a guy at work and he's got long hair which NEVER turns me on. In fact it usually has the opposite effect. I totally dig long-ish hair, like the kind you can run your fingers through or juuuust enough to put in a pony-tail (like ed's) but not long past the shoulders.

I'm quite surprised

please forgive me but I thought you were a guy :lol:

Congratulations to Japan on the World Cup.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    haffajappa wrote:

I'm quite surprised

I don't dig the 'dutch boy' cut.... :|

50235_2502475321_3972_n.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

I'm quite surprised

I don't dig the 'dutch boy' cut.... :|

50235_2502475321_3972_n.jpg
    ok not the chad kruger cut :shock:

i meant more like patrick dempsey or eddie vedder thanks
    GIVE ME A LITTLE CREDIT HERE
    jeez o.O
    :lol:
    haffajappa wrote:

I'm quite surprised

its ok everyone does that :)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    okokok...wanted to make sure you were paying attention! :lol:

but for 'short/long' I could deal with this...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd4Scq5lEjpp5-OG3MvB1aetcZCkLe2T1-s12zR0YWPsCKc4FhwQ
    as long as you can pull it off....

and just for posterity....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgMAzoJzsSyIiJYzz3rlFJmoBfa_WvfjqS8AlQG_xwr0ESb-iAHg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hubby mid-20's;

MeintheNineties.jpg

Hubby now;

DSCF0099.jpg

Don't think he'd suit it long now, but hell I loved it when it was long then.

P.s. I apologise for the curtains in the first picture it was going through a phase.
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    chadwick wrote:
    chlorine eats and dries he hell out of mine. when it isn't about half fucked it is out of control ringlets that i do like. when it is fucked up it is a straw dreadlock type doo which can't be picked out without pulling hair out in heaps. piss me off. and it happened a bit ago while running a hair pick through it while showering after swimming. i have to pick it with conditioner in it.

i've learned that brushing, combing, or picking my hair is bullshit, so i don't fuck with it much. there has been times where i've went many months without brushing my hair. fuckin wild shit on my head, man.

that darn swimming pool gets me a bit cross with what it does to my hair and all, stupid fucking chemicals.
    swim cap?
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
    RKCNDY wrote:
    okokok...wanted to make sure you were paying attention! :lol:

but for 'short/long' I could deal with this...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd4Scq5lEjpp5-OG3MvB1aetcZCkLe2T1-s12zR0YWPsCKc4FhwQ
    as long as you can pull it off....

and just for posterity....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgMAzoJzsSyIiJYzz3rlFJmoBfa_WvfjqS8AlQG_xwr0ESb-iAHg
    I don't like it toooo long.
    like i said i'm usually turned off if its past the shoulders
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    i have wanted to grow mine back out for years now. was at my shoulders til 99 when i suffered a head injury and the doctor shaved half of it off (there are pics buried at my mom's house of that cut :lol: )

but guess it dont matter now...mrs. jethrojam420 likes it short and i have to listen ;)
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    now, chris cornell's hair does not look like either of the pics of his hair that were posted.
    go to youtube and look at some pics from this tour. his face is hidden :( I don't know, maybe he liked it in his eyes and it shielded him from the bright lights. (I just saw soundgarden last week!)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • I love long hair. My husbands long curly hair was the main reason I went out with him 14 years ago. :lol:
    Emily
  • JTH wrote:
    I've been growing mine since January. I'm not sure if I have the patience to see it through. I might have to break out the clippers soon. Right now, I'm at a point where it looks like crap about 98% of the time, but it looks great the other 2%.
    just let it go. you have to go through several months of it looking like crap and then one day you wake up and you are like "damn, that looks alright" lol...

i wore a hat for a lot of the "crap" phase.
    My 12 year old is in the "crap" phase. The front is past his eyes and the sides look like Elvis sideburns.
    Emily
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I love long hair on guys, but if it doesn't flatter one's face, don't bother growing it out. Not everyone can look good with it, unfortunately, myself included (and I've always wanted long hair!).
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    been growing mine out for 3 years...it's a fine line
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I like long hair on some guys. Eddie, Chris Cornell & Johnny Depp mmmmm.
    My hubby looks great with longer hair but with all the sport he plays its not practical, he usually grows it in summer.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    LOVE long hair.. I don't consider myself to have a specific "type", looks-wise at least, but I've always been fond of long hair. I just find it sexy. But hey, I also love dread locks :D
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    RKCNDY wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHIqrWmxevdpv5tT7vPI1YRA6CmmDp6xAvQ_EXNvEtVlm36BEVHg

Hey is that Nathan Explosion?
  • I am proud of my hair! Its as long as most of the females I know :D
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    I have hair to my shoulders.
    I would'nt rock a show without it....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I did then got sick of it and now I have a buzz cut.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    this photo was taken about a year ago so the length was a few inches longer before I cut it. Now it looks more like my avatar >>>>>
    with-1.jpg

You look totally different in your avatar.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    haffajappa wrote:

I'm quite surprised

haha same :lol: