Men, grow your hairl long!

alliw719alliw719 Posts: 99
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't know why, I just have always had a thing for guys with long hair. I think it's sexy as hell and strengthens more of their features, making them more attractive. Now, don't complain to me about the hot weather because I have spent the past 21 summers with long hair! C'mon guys, grow let your hair grow long, be free, and make me smile! :mrgreen:
"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues you can tell by the way she smiles."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    love love love love it!

some of the men i know have more beautiful hair than most of the girls i know

one or two of them have recently chopped off gorgeous manes that any female would kill for

for the life of me i don't know why

i love a man with long hair

and if its hot..ponytails and braids..no problem
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    let me see if i can find that pic from the spring of 92 :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    No.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    let me see if i can find that pic from the spring of 92 :lol:

haha...my kids found a picture of me from mid 80's with my "mullet"
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    I always grow my hair for like 8 months, then shave it off. Its curly and eventually turns into a fro, circa Eddie 98. Noooot really what I'm looking for
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mr RK had long beautiful hair when I met him...sadly, he is now working in a stuffy office and cut his hair to 'fit in' :(
    manutd3581 wrote:
    I always grow my hair for like 8 months, then shave it off. Its curly and eventually turns into a fro, circa Eddie 98. Noooot really what I'm looking for

you need to shave the bottom half of your head to keep the fro tamed... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nope sorry
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,139
    i still have long hair... 8-)

i like it, other than this summer heat and humidity, also it gets in the way at the gym and gets pulled sometimes in mma training, but i think it looks pretty good on me. i don't plan on cutting it any time soon.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    alliw719 wrote:
    I don't know why, I just have always had a thing for guys with long hair. I think it's sexy as hell and strengthens more of their features, making them more attractive. Now, don't complain to me about the hot weather because I have spent the past 21 summers with long hair! C'mon guys, grow let your hair grow long, be free, and make me smile! :mrgreen:

I used to have long hair but cut it. I may have to reconsider as I can see why the ladies like it.

body_hair_.jpg
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Funny you should post this today. I just cut about 9 inches off in a drunken stupor this past Saturday. It's currently in route to Pantene Beautiful lengths to hopefully make a wig for a chemo patient :)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    DS1119 wrote:
    alliw719 wrote:

I used to have long hair but cut it. I may have to reconsider as I can see why the ladies like it.

body_hair_.jpg
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :shock:
    My eyes!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Case in Point

Eddie-Vedder-new1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoSdDXAPZ_5ekK-8tuRduad4v511XwJMl2q8MDLYOxK65Xlvyo&t=1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqZQKqdpD05d0seMmDXmOLaB7PXD7fW6mLgKhTQdukOdohnB2_&t=1

mike-starr.jpg

chris-cornell-2-0609-lg.JPG

Shannon-Hoon-300x225.jpg

Need I Say More?

(you'all feel free to say more ... MUCH More :D:D:D)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Funny you should post this today. I just cut about 9 inches off in a drunken stupor this past Saturday. It's currently in route to Pantene Beautiful lengths to hopefully make a wig for a chemo patient :)

I am waiting for my hair to reach a full 10 inches in all places to do the same (although didn't know you could do it via Pantene)

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

If you HAVE to cut your hair...can't think of a better reason why..or a better thing to do with it :D
    peace,
    jo

• alliw719alliw719 Posts: 99
    i still have long hair... 8-)

i like it, other than this summer heat and humidity, also it gets in the way at the gym and gets pulled sometimes in mma training, but i think it looks pretty good on me. i don't plan on cutting it any time soon.

:mrgreen: Awesome, never cut it!
    StillHere wrote:

I am waiting for my hair to reach a full 10 inches in all places to do the same (although didn't know you could do it via Pantene)

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

If you HAVE to cut your hair...can't think of a better reason why..or a better thing to do with it :D

I second this comment!

One of these days I am planning to do the same, just not until I reach the age of 30 lol.
    StillHere wrote:
    Case in Point

Eddie-Vedder-new1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoSdDXAPZ_5ekK-8tuRduad4v511XwJMl2q8MDLYOxK65Xlvyo&t=1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqZQKqdpD05d0seMmDXmOLaB7PXD7fW6mLgKhTQdukOdohnB2_&t=1

mike-starr.jpg

chris-cornell-2-0609-lg.JPG

Shannon-Hoon-300x225.jpg

Need I Say More?

(you'all feel free to say more ... MUCH More :D:D:D)

Delicious :D Keep 'em coming
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I've been growing mine since January. I'm not sure if I have the patience to see it through. I might have to break out the clippers soon. Right now, I'm at a point where it looks like crap about 98% of the time, but it looks great the other 2%.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I have to grow it long, so that people can't tell I am balding

combover.jpg
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,139
    JTH wrote:
    I've been growing mine since January. I'm not sure if I have the patience to see it through. I might have to break out the clippers soon. Right now, I'm at a point where it looks like crap about 98% of the time, but it looks great the other 2%.
    just let it go. you have to go through several months of it looking like crap and then one day you wake up and you are like "damn, that looks alright" lol...

i wore a hat for a lot of the "crap" phase.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    this photo was taken about a year ago so the length was a few inches longer before I cut it. Now it looks more like my avatar >>>>>
    with-1.jpg

combover.jpg
    :lol:
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505

+1 :clap:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    JB cut off his ponytail last month... but its a nice style and still longish

I love long hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy-yzj02FE 8-) anthem!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHIqrWmxevdpv5tT7vPI1YRA6CmmDp6xAvQ_EXNvEtVlm36BEVHg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwpJjO4rOsn5sVDw-9IZAwKYYYQUAm_CJL8HKC8-k6ZpIYDCp9
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQndjNfp18qbtIadvq-8J3qIuL8O-r_R0wrvMUXiE6KArQqlgMYfQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQirIOfxvGU-RwVqhCXAEYVw-7krGTj1Jw1_4rbZia6XkVqbT8HAg
    85232291.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited July 2011
    I love all kinds of hair. Long, short, coloured, whatever. If the person is AWESOME, it just doesn't matter to me.

I love my husband's shaved head, and I love Ed's long hair.
    amour069.gif

I hope the guys who do keep their hair long send you great photos! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    i wore a hat for a lot of the "crap" phase.
    Yeah, pretty much anywhere I can get away with it, I'll put on a hat.

I can't wear one at work, so I've started showering at night rather than in the morning because the cleaner my hair is, the stupider it looks.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    LOVE long hair....LOVE!!!
    Of course, the hair needs to be beautiful, but sure, love it.
    Sadly, many jobs just not possible. My husband cannot grow his hair past his collar due to his line of work. When we first met, he had the cutest white blonde curls.....mmmmm.
    If you're lucky enough to have a job that is lax about hair length and you have beautiful hair, yes, do grow it!

Btw we women also suffer when growing our hair out.
    My hair is LONG nowadays. I've also have had my hair practically shaved, hey it was the 80s. :lol:
    At this point I am hesitant to cut it because I know how long it will take to grow back. However, I can't straighten my hair forever, so eventually I'll have to go for the big chop and then let it grow. Figure donation time when that rolls around. Maybe when I turn 45. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I decided back in March to let the beard and hair grow. I feel like the geiko caveman and its getting hot. But I will surprise the hell out of everyone when I lose my homeless look soon. Too hot here! 8-)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

combover.jpg
    :lol:
    I'm not sure why you're laughing. If he hadn't told us, I'd have never known he was balding.

Seriously, though, that Pantene thing is awesome. Kudos to you for doing that.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I would, but I have really short hair right now and I HATE the look of the "awkward" stage.

so sorry...but no.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."