Options

*** EV Tour - Santa Barbara Fanviews Here 07/9/11 ***

124»

Comments

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    AzWicker wrote:
    AzWicker wrote:
    Oh and I finally broke my PJ Cherry... unofficially, the offical breakage will come on September 3rd!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Good for you!! The first time isn't as bad as they say. In fact it's glorious. :mrgreen:

I know... I don't have a good excuse, something always came up. Originall I was on Maui getting married and having my children and I planned on seeing the War Memorial show at the time. I am still regretting that. While in Phoenix, I figured I would just see them the next time around, yeah right. Hearing open road would have been epic, however, breaking my cherry at PJ20 celebrating my 20 year wedding anniversary is pretty appropriate

That will be one epic weekend, congratulations to you on 20 years of marriage.
    If this vans-a-rocken' :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    DrewRWxDrewRWx Posts: 71
    AzWicker wrote:
    Oh and I finally broke my PJ Cherry... unofficially, the offical breakage will come on September 3rd!

Good for you!! The first time isn't as bad as they say. In fact it's glorious. :mrgreen:

This is the sense of humour I've been able to enjoy in LA and SB!

Love you Mom!
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Drewcool wrote:
    AzWicker wrote:

This is the sense of humour I've been able to enjoy in LA and SB!

Love you Mom!

:shock: :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    :o:o:o:o hurt is... :o:o:o:o .....ohhhhhhhhh :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    Lizard wrote:
    Got Sec. I, Row C. We liked the seats (thx 10c) and there were decent people around so I really enjoyed this show for other obvious musical reasons!!! :D:D

I was in sec I row c as well, but I had talker all around me ....
  • Options
    YossiYossi Posts: 8
    norm wrote:
    take this place
    IMG_20110709_184814.jpg

and that set list on a perfect summer evening...no words can really describe it

thanks for 3 unbelievable shows ed

see that guy all the way in front center in the green/blue shirt to the left of the guy in red? That's me and to the left of me is my wife. Talk about a score. First concert since '96 that I made it to the front. Awesome. Thanks Ed. And Jesse (I think), the security guard. My reward for coming from Jersey.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Yield151 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Got Sec. I, Row C. We liked the seats (thx 10c) and there were decent people around so I really enjoyed this show for other obvious musical reasons!!! :D:D

I was in sec I row c as well, but I had talker all around me ....

Hmmm. I was pretty much in the middle of the row. I saw some people talking but nothing that bothered me much, thankfully.

and congrats yossi...you lucky sob!! 8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    YossiYossi Posts: 8
    Lizard - yes, very lucky. Though I had a small hand in it by going to 30 some-odd shows over the last 16 or so years since high school....and deciding in the final week to actually go to Santa Barbara from NJ (because I couldn't get pre-sale tickets elsewhere locally).

Girl next to us got the guitar pic. It would have been awesome to get one too, but I was excited for her since she seemed to be having the night of her life (she was a huge Glen Hansard fan as well). Though it was all good since I shook eddie's hand at the end. And not just a slap. A good, firm, hearty handshake.

btw - I like like your thieving bird.
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Yossi wrote:
    norm wrote:
    take this place
    IMG_20110709_184814.jpg

see that guy all the way in front center in the green/blue shirt to the left of the guy in red? That's me and to the left of me is my wife. Talk about a score. First concert since '96 that I made it to the front. Awesome. Thanks Ed. And Jesse (I think), the security guard. My reward for coming from Jersey.

More pictures please!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    LL624LL624 Posts: 43
    Absolutely wonderful!! Meeting Ed afterwards...pure delite!!
    "Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify." --Henry David Thoreau
    "Compassion is the basis of all morality." --Arthur Schopenhauer
  • Options
    AzWicker wrote:
    Yossi wrote:
    norm wrote:
    take this place
    IMG_20110709_184814.jpg

More pictures please!

Me and my buddy are like front and center in that picture. You get a nice look at the back of our heads while we're discussing comic books.
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    ....[/quote]
    Hmmm. I was pretty much in the middle of the row. I saw some people talking but nothing that bothered me much,thankfully.
    and congrats yossi...you lucky sob!! 8-)[/quote]

I was mid row - perhaps we met. I was wearing a Ben Harper shirt (short hair girl that may have been mistaken as a guy).
  • Options
    donjantzendonjantzen Houston Posts: 17
    If you look to the left, I'm the guy in the red shirt on the left side.... this was one of the most amazing nights of my entire life. I took my girlie who knew my love of PJ & EV, and herself "thought" she knew... as we walked out Saturday night....she says "That show changed my life", I giggled a little because that's the same way I felt. B.T.W., 2 things... Glen is AMAZING, so DO NOT miss his set... and 2, the sticker set if one set, no matter what sticker is on the front... I asked the merch. people (they are all voulenteers at SBB) if there were 4 different packs or one... she said four... so I bought four...and they are all the same... but honestly, I don't care, it means I can put them on more things (and hand one set over to a fellow PJ/EV peep named Leti tomorrow).... What an amazing night.... I ask this of Ed, please put these boots up for sale... do it for a charity, or whatever.... but these shows are amazing, thank you for a life changing night, and for telling the drunk woman behind me that "you heard her, but she wasn't saying anything".... thank you sir for everything.
    Makes much more sense....to live... in the present tense...
  • Options
    rowdypjfanrowdypjfan Posts: 27
    somebody must have a boot of the show....... i am willing to trade ed's show from santa barabra arlington in 2008 or a poster from sb ..anyway share please or release the boots for fans and do it for charity ...... bridge school is just around the corner ....
    pm me
    06-03-03 irvine

4-10-08 santa barbara
  • Options
    Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    What a wonderful night! The venue was amazing! Glad I chose to make the drive up instead of seeing him in LA. Felt like he was singing right to me. Had me in tears 4 times!! Great one man show!
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • Options
    murphbrahmurphbrah Posts: 10
    ....all my problems wouldn't be farther,
    if i could only get to santa barbara.....
  • Options
    Ha ha..Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE my stickers and all the other PJ goodies you throw my way. I think it's my turn to find a PJ souvenir to throw your way. I thought I had something good, but you already had it. I'm sure I'll find something in the next coming months. Rock on! :D
    donjantzen wrote:
    If you look to the left, I'm the guy in the red shirt on the left side.... this was one of the most amazing nights of my entire life. I took my girlie who knew my love of PJ & EV, and herself "thought" she knew... as we walked out Saturday night....she says "That show changed my life", I giggled a little because that's the same way I felt. B.T.W., 2 things... Glen is AMAZING, so DO NOT miss his set... and 2, the sticker set if one set, no matter what sticker is on the front... I asked the merch. people (they are all voulenteers at SBB) if there were 4 different packs or one... she said four... so I bought four...and they are all the same... but honestly, I don't care, it means I can put them on more things (and hand one set over to a fellow PJ/EV peep named Leti tomorrow).... What an amazing night.... I ask this of Ed, please put these boots up for sale... do it for a charity, or whatever.... but these shows are amazing, thank you for a life changing night, and for telling the drunk woman behind me that "you heard her, but she wasn't saying anything".... thank you sir for everything.
    Leti

Fort Bend County Fairgrounds - Sep 05, 1992
    Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion - Oct 14, 2000
    Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion - Apr 06, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006
    United Center - May 17, 2006
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009