Elderly woman found 8 years after her death...

13»

Comments

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Saw this on the news last night. So sad and shocking that nobody noticed.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Unless she got them direct debited???? Wierd isn't it??
    Loulou wrote:
    and the council were rubbing their hands together, looking forward to all the late fees?? This is very sad. :(

But surely they get to a point were they think "hey, maybe we should send the goons to collect these late fees"
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    the article states that some of the elderly woman's mail was re-directed to her sister-in-law's home for a bit, then stopped. Why on earth would her sister-in-law need another person's mail, especially since they had a falling out?

When I was a kid, there was an elderly couple that kept to themselves...well the wife was really nice, but her husband was an old grouch and didn't like her chatting with me, he'd yell at her to come in the house when she called me over to her yard to give me flowers from her garden. After a while, I noticed that I didn't see her tending to her garden anymore, and the old man had an 8' fence put up around the house. He's probably passed on now, but makes me sad that the poor old woman probably died 'lonely'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Awwwwww that's so sad about your neighbour! :(
    Yes, that's so strange about her mail, you would think the sister-in-law would have to keep tabs on her, having her mail and all???? She would have surely recieved the late notices and what not, that's awful.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    the article states that some of the elderly woman's mail was re-directed to her sister-in-law's home for a bit, then stopped. Why on earth would her sister-in-law need another person's mail, especially since they had a falling out?

When I was a kid, there was an elderly couple that kept to themselves...well the wife was really nice, but her husband was an old grouch and didn't like her chatting with me, he'd yell at her to come in the house when she called me over to her yard to give me flowers from her garden. After a while, I noticed that I didn't see her tending to her garden anymore, and the old man had an 8' fence put up around the house. He's probably passed on now, but makes me sad that the poor old woman probably died 'lonely'.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    She had dementia and never married or had children...

http://www.news.com.au/national/the-lon ... 6089402036

She didn't know what was happening then, on top of the loneliness. Makes me even more sad. :(
    RKCNDY wrote:

This is so sad also. I am glad you remember her though. She at least left a memory to be remembered by, through her simple gestures to you. :)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!