Elderly woman found 8 years after her death...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    But how does nobody investigate the fact rates wouldn't have been payed for 8 years, or power, gas or what not? No activity on her bank accounts for 8 years?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    But how does nobody investigate the fact rates wouldn't have been payed for 8 years, or power, gas or what not? No activity on her bank accounts for 8 years?
    That IS strange???
    I guess banks don't give a shit, the gas and water just would have got turned off and the council were rubbing their hands together, looking forward to all the late fees?? This is very sad. :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Loulou wrote:
    and the council were rubbing their hands together, looking forward to all the late fees?? This is very sad. :(

But surely they get to a point were they think "hey, maybe we should send the goons to collect these late fees"
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Loulou wrote:
    and the council were rubbing their hands together, looking forward to all the late fees?? This is very sad. :(

But surely they get to a point were they think "hey, maybe we should send the goons to collect these late fees"

Send in the heavies at the old lady's home lol.
    She had a fall out with family that lasted that long, shizzle.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    :shock: :| :wtf: :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    was she found behind the counter in a small town?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:

Clearly she was in hiding.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    im scared
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dunkman wrote:

Off he goes (the dude that saw her last).
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    what about the dead body odor? a woman died in a local apartment building here and was found after 3 days.
    it took a year to get the odor out of the hallway on the floor where she lived. her apt was cleaned as soon as they found her but for some reason, it stayed in the hall, even after the carpet was steam cleaned.

that is sad, but it sounds fishy.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Fishy? pun?
    Fishy? pun?

no pun intended. sounds suspicious to me...who was paying her rent ("rate") on her apartment ("flat?")
    who will inherit her bank account now that she is dead?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    Fishy? pun?

no pun intended. sounds suspicious to me...who was paying her rent ("rate") on her apartment ("flat?")
    who will inherit her bank account now that she is dead?

She most likely owned the apartment.
    It would be rude if the family members she fell out with get the money.
    iluvcats wrote:
    what about the dead body odor? a woman died in a local apartment building here and was found after 3 days.
    it took a year to get the odor out of the hallway on the floor where she lived. her apt was cleaned as soon as they found her but for some reason, it stayed in the hall, even after the carpet was steam cleaned.

body odor from dead or living lingers for ages
    yes it soaks itself into walls, ceilings, and floors
    even concrete is penetrated by odor

after this woman death she probably only gave off any serious funk for a few months at best
    once flesh is decomposed the passing gives off zero odor, yes/no?
    (of course i am only speculating all of this beings i am no forensic scientist)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i thought the decomposed body explodes :(
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    iluvcats wrote:

I wondered that at first, too, but it says she lived in a house.
    iluvcats wrote:

lol no way
    iluvcats wrote:

this is wat makes up ghostly visits at or about or in the smaller hours of a dark predawn morning
    1am or so... as the ceiling flies away

"and so it was that later
    as the miller told his tale
    that her face at first just ghostly
    turned a whiter shade of pale" ~ procol harum

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    iluvcats wrote:

lol no way

well.. not so much as explodes, as releases the gasses built up during the decomposition process. its quite the fascinating process... ive seen it in time lapse from the body farm, TN.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    iluvcats wrote:
    especially in the heat with added decomposion from bugs and such
    moisture and warmth speed up the process

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    ok what confused me was the mention of a superintendant. I thought that is like a landlord of rental property (or is it cleaning staff?)
    am i the only one who noticed her movie star name, natalie wood? robert wagner's wife who drowned.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:

lol no way

well.. not so much as explodes, as releases the gasses built up during the decomposition process. its quite the fascinating process... ive seen it in time lapse from the body farm, TN.
    I did a 3 month internship at the body farm in TN in '99. :) It was awesome! (if you like that kind of thing).
    iluvcats wrote:
    ok what confused me was the mention of a superintendant. I thought that is like a landlord of rental property (or is it cleaning staff?)
    am i the only one who noticed her movie star name, natalie wood? robert wagner's wife who drowned.
    yeah, it's weird that nobody noticed. (and yes, I noticed the name, too. :D )
    if ya ever stumble across a dead cow out in the woods
    and you see it moving a bit
    kick it

opposums eat their way inside the decomposing beast by way of the anus where they dine and invite all their friend and family to help grub on the poor dead cow

they will retreat when humans approach and stuff
    it is wild watching 9 opposums flee said rotten cows gut and throat

it's the iowa countryside... :|

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    EmBleve wrote:
    I did a 3 month internship at the body farm in TN in '99. :) It was awesome! (if you like that kind of thing).

oh i do! i thought itd gross me out but it didnt. gosh i miss cable tv. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

this is wat makes up ghostly visits at or about or in the smaller hours of a dark predawn morning

scary stuff, now I'm sorry I had the singer at my birthday party two yrs ago sing "whiter shade of pale"
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    EmBleve wrote:

oh i do! i thought itd gross me out but it didnt. gosh i miss cable tv. :lol:
    :D fascinating stuff.
    iluvcats wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

scary stuff, now I'm sorry I had the singer at my birthday party two yrs ago sing "whiter shade of pale"
    great tune

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • to die alone and not even be noticed by your family, by the government, by any friends?
    anyone?
    surely people must have knocked on the door, came to visit her, someone - anyone
    the milkman, the postman, someone selling things

8 years
    and no one even cared

that is depressing
    to die alone and not even be noticed by your family, by the government, by any friends?
    anyone?
    surely people must have knocked on the door, came to visit her, someone - anyone
    the milkman, the postman, someone selling things

8 years
    and no one even cared

that is depressing

Her family didn't even check up on her.
    Sure they fell out but 8 yrs is a long time.