EDDIE VEDDER TRASHES AMERICA IDOL

13»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited July 2011
    pandora is badass for being herself and liking whatever the hell she wants too
    go pandora go
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    it's fake to me
    to me it's about popularity with the bubble gum kids or something
    it's commercialized shitfest

friends of mine that watch it, i believe they are weak minded and uncreative
    these are my pals...???? fuck
    i am scrapping the bottom of the barrel

:mrgreen:
    no you are being incredibly judgemental :lol:
    yes i am
    i do that a lot

good to know
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora is badass for being herself and liking whatever she wants too
    go pandora go
    I take things to heart, that's all
    pandora wrote:
    good to know
    we all judge each other and other things
    if we didn't we'd probably be dead or something

your show judges people so much and so harshly & negatively that a lot of them that fail cry and have huge nervous breakdowns

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    good to know
    we all judge each other and other things
    if we didn't we'd probably be dead or something

your show judges people so much and so harshly & negatively that a lot of them that fail cry and have huge nervous breakdowns
    actually this year this season was a very loving show my favorite so far

not much judging going on but they can always improve

I so enjoy watching new imperfect talent grow
    edited July 2011
    imagine all those years ago when pearl jam's members first picked up guitars, drums, bass, piano, microphone, or a ukulele, little eddie in a shitty diaper singing his head off, yes/no?

back in the old days they didn't have disposable diapers, so ed and his pals had the clothe ones with the huge safety pins

40 odd years later pearl jam is kicking ass without that prick from england passing them onto the next level of challenges with that ryan seacrest's amazing stuff (whatever that may be)

oh... and steven tyler is a sellout wuss who's music has personally sucked ass for the last 400 years
    he may be funny at times while sitting there as a old burnout wanting to sexual penetrate all the women on the show... come to think of it, he's actually the smartest one on the show

all the while old & young people are chewing bubble gum being told what is good and what is trash by foolish folks who should probably be thrown overboard

paula abdul... bonefest

that is all
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    imagine all those years ago when pearl jam's members first picked up guitars, drums, bass, piano, microphone, or a ukulele. little eddie in a shitty diaper singing his head off, yes/no?

back in the old days they didn't have disposable diapers, so ed and his pals had the clothe ones with the huge safety pins

40 odd years later pearl jam is kicking ass without that prick from england passing them onto the next level of challenges with that ryan seacrest's amazing stuff (whatever that may be)

oh... and steven tyler is a sellout wuss who's music has personally sucked ass for the last 400 years
    he may be funny at times while sitting there as a old burnout wanting to sexual penetrate all the women on the show... come to think of it, he's actually the smartest one on the show

all the while old & young people are chewing bubble gum being told what is good and what is trash by foolish folks who should probably be thrown overboard

paula abdul... bonefest

that is all

you must be perfect :?

where's the love?

power seems to come from judging others ...
    I prefer positive power and enjoying young talent embracing that

we all have a life to live
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    imagine all those years ago when pearl jam's members first picked up guitars, drums, bass, piano, microphone, or a ukulele. little eddie in a shitty diaper singing his head off, yes/no?

paula abdul... bonefest

that is all

where's the love?

pandora, don't be silly
    im not perfect
    i just dislike commercialized shit fests
    it is the farthest you can get from raw

hell, i don't even own a tv or dvd player
    so it isn't just american idol that drives me nuts
    i dislike 98% of all tv and movies and the like
    i need my brain engaged a bit

honestly i have watched it a few times and had a good time over at my friends' place
    i kept asking myself, why are they into this? why why why?
    i kept asking myself if my pals are stupid or blind or deaf

turns out they are halfway inteiligent folks with almost no creativity
    their tv is on 24x7... literally
    and i like background noise so that is ok i guess, my stereo is on like that too... wasting energy
    shame on me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

paula abdul... bonefest

that is all

where's the love?

pandora, don't be silly
    im not perfect
    i just dislike commercialized shit fests
    it is the farthest you can get from raw

hell, i don't even own a tv or dvd player
    so it isn't just american idol that drives me nuts
    i dislike 98% of all tv and movies and the like
    i need my brain engaged a bit

honestly i have watched it a few times and had a good time over at my friends' place
    i kept asking myself, why are they into this? why why why?
    i kept asking myself if my pals are stupid or blind or deaf

turns out they are halfway inteiligent folks with almost no creativity
    their tv is on 24x7... literally
    and i like background noise so that is ok i guess, my stereo is on like that too... wasting energy
    shame on me
    thank God for the uncreative ;)
    well pandora
    some of these fuckers can't even clean their homes
    that's how uncreative they are

tv's on... gotta watch japanese cartoons whilst 19 cats and dogs and rabbits and fleas all shit and piss everywhere
    yes i am blaming american idol for the foulness of this once great planet, now a landfill at some peoples' houses i know :mrgreen:

once i catch lice from some of these nasty filthy folks i will have to kick in their tv screen

american idol is on... i can't clean shit while it is on
    fine... wallow in disgust for awhile
    hell, piss yourself so you don't gotta get up

that's what it is coming too in some cases
    nasty bastards

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    nasty started long before tv
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    I pretty much stopped watching TV. They cancel the good sci-fi shows without giving them a chance to develop an audience and I know it's because it costs money to make them. I stopped watching reality shows a long time ago. Never watched American Idol because I didn't like watching the people be insulted...don't find that entertaining at all, go figure. So now I play video games. I can play what I want without anyone cancelling anything and sometimes it's like being in the story.

I do wish though that TV would try harder to develop better shows by using real writers/authors writing real scripts with great stories and characters I can enjoy watching. They just don't seem to be doing enough of that anymore. There's a few shows I watch but they'll probably get cancelled so why bother checking out the new season when it comes? :(
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Kat wrote:
    Never watched American Idol because I didn't like watching the people be insulted...don't find that entertaining at all, go figure.

that's exactly why I don't watch any of those shows, what do people get out of "voting somebody off?"

I think it's terrible part of human nature if you enjoy that kind of thing.

So I stick mostly to watching sports myself.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Reading through a lot of the posts here and what I don't get is are you arguing for why you don't like AI or for why you think everyone else shouldn't like it? If you are saying why you don't like it, then I get it, but you really don't have to try so hard to convince me. If you are trying to convince others why they should not like it, then that is a lost cause, like trying to convince me the color blue sucks just because you don't like it.

I could very easily take some of the posts from here and change out American Idol for something like Hockey - the arguments are still the same, but there will be people that like it and some that don't. It's all just entertainment.
    Kat wrote:
    Never watched American Idol because I didn't like watching the people be insulted...don't find that entertaining at all, go figure.

that's exactly why I don't watch any of those shows, what do people get out of "voting somebody off?"

I think it's terrible part of human nature if you enjoy that kind of thing.

So I stick mostly to watching sports myself.
    they do not vote someone off on idol they vote for their favorite

I don't vote but enjoy watching new talent... unexperienced young people trying to fulfill their dreams

insulting was Simons thing and no I never liked making fun of others nor being mean.
    That's why this season was more enjoyable for me... it was more positive and loving.

I wonder how many people who put it down never really watched it or gave it a chance?

I think most people can agree.... to each their own
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Kat wrote:
    I pretty much stopped watching TV. They cancel the good sci-fi shows without giving them a chance to develop an audience and I know it's because it costs money to make them. I stopped watching reality shows a long time ago. Never watched American Idol because I didn't like watching the people be insulted...don't find that entertaining at all, go figure. So now I play video games. I can play what I want without anyone cancelling anything and sometimes it's like being in the story.

I do wish though that TV would try harder to develop better shows by using real writers/authors writing real scripts with great stories and characters I can enjoy watching. They just don't seem to be doing enough of that anymore. There's a few shows I watch but they'll probably get cancelled so why bother checking out the new season when it comes? :(

I watched t.v for the first time in three years when I went back to England for a couple of months this year. It seemed that watching t.v was pretty much all everybody did with their spare time. I found it...weird. I was looking at the t.v thinking...w.t.f? Things like 'Britain's Got Talent', 'Coronation Street', and 'The Apprentice', e.t.c.

In this day and age, If anything decent ever comes on t.v then we can just download it later - I.e, The Soprano's, which I watched in China on my p.c. I also just downloaded the complete Bear Gryll's - can't get enough of him :)

But sitting there in England in front of the t.v - because I felt I had to be sociable, rather then skulking off upstairs - I remember thinking how much I wanted to have a rocket launcher so I could blow the t.v into a million pieces, ala Zabriskie Point:

AntTV.jpg
  • the struggles for people like Eddie and someone actually going on the show .

the struggles for people like eddie? what struggles did ed have that others don't? he spent most of his time on a frickin' surf board!

I don't like those shows mainly because of the people that watch them. they are hoping to be there to witness the birth of the next big thing.

I feel sorry for the people who actually win. they become a joke. have you noticed the success rate of the runners up against the winners? the runners up usually have WAY more success.

Reuben Studdard, anyone?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Kat wrote:

it costs millions less to produce "reality". and more people watch it, unfortunately. humanity craves watching others suffer; makes them feel better about themselves. like the brits with the tabloids.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Another Eddie Idol...a little bit older :lol::lol::lol:

"It just makes me think people who watch 'American Idol' are idiots." --Eddie Vedder

During his solo show in L.A., Pearl Jam's loquacious frontman mused on a newspaper article explaining how 240,000 people misdialed when trying to vote for a contestant.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    It's always about fame until u have a few million. Then all of the sudden it's called art.
    I'll be back
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    It's always about fame until u have a few million. Then all of the sudden it's called art.

Not all artists are, or were, millionaires.
    it's nice to be a millionaire and have no money worries
    I know this cause we were for a month or two :lol:

money comes and money goes

it's those worries that will getcha though
    if you can't find a way to turn them off for awhile....
    ie...reality TV :lol:

I've always loved how Oprah says money doesn't matter in life :wtf: :?

sometimes its even hard to love
    swamped in worry ...
    you've lost your home or your job or both
    and you can't give your kids what they need and deserve
    and you are lost in despair

life is much easier with money I have found
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Kill your TV.

Honestly, there are few shows that are worth the wasted time. Imagine how many years off our lives are wasted sitting in front of the boob tube!
  • Thanks for sharing.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Byrnzie wrote:

I felt I had to be sociable
    AntTV.jpg

I find that statement funny...we are expected to be sociable when the TV is blaring...whenever we visit relatives or friends they always have the TV blaring, when we entertain I never have the TV on...usually just the stereo.

I wonder if that is making society less sociable. Other than sports and a few shows I watch very little TV.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon