Options

How many Mosquito Bites ya got?

Comments

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I was thinking of the lush green lawn thread...I spent a lot of time in my yard this weekend. And I get pissed sometimes I cant enjoy it -- fucking mosquitoes!

Anybody use those electric zappers, sprays, etc, to get rid of 'em?

:x :evil:
    I got the spray system... But I've learned that Florida mosquitos laugh at the spray :lol: :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I was thinking of the lush green lawn thread...I spent a lot of time in my yard this weekend. And I get pissed sometimes I cant enjoy it -- fucking mosquitoes!

I got the spray system... But I've learned that Florida mosquitos laugh at the spray :lol: :shock:

:lol::lol: Yeah, they are some devilish bastards! I had one of those sprays that you hook up to the hose. Worked Ok, but with all this rain, I think it just washed away.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

:lol::lol: Yeah, they are some devilish bastards! I had one of those sprays that you hook up to the hose. Worked Ok, but with all this rain, I think it just washed away.
    I literally run from my car in the driveway :lol: :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073

:?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i once was bitten hundreds of times maybe thousands & could not leave my location as i was on a secret mission lurking about in a swamp, mid summer during a very wet season, & was sporting sandals, shorts & probably a sleeveless t-shirt. once i was home, i became ill for several days afterwards with fever & flu type symptoms & i itched like 41 mf'ers

hell on earth = my adventures
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    23...I was only outside for maybe 10 minutes.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHhghghghhgghhhhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

MAKE THE ITCHING STOP!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    They like people who sends out lots of hormones like if you're h**rny and also people who are drunk and have dark clothes..
    Sometimes I let them bite me it's kind of fun to look at :D
  • Options
    Annafalk wrote:
    They like people who sends out lots of hormones like if you're h**rny and also people who are drunk and have dark clothes..

they also really like people who have 'Type O' blood...I am O+...and I'm allergic to mosquitoes...the bites turn into huge swollen welts the size of golf balls. :(

I need to get a 'bug suit'...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    get a pet dragonfly to eat the mosquitoes
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    get a pet dragonfly to eat the mosquitoes

bats eat them too...having a pet bat would be cool...he'd love me, it would be like eating at an all you can eat buffet for him. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Annafalk wrote:

they also really like people who have 'Type O' blood...I am O+...and I'm allergic to mosquitoes...the bites turn into huge swollen welts the size of golf balls. :(

I need to get a 'bug suit'...

I'm also +0 :D:D
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    Lizard wrote:

Hershey 2003?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Poncier wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

Hershey 2003?

I'm afraid that's all I could think of too.

Do those bug 'tennis rackets' work on mosquitos? They have an electrical current and you wave them through the air and zap the bugs.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Poncier wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

Hershey 2003?

I've always wondered if that girl was permanently scarred to the point of spending money cosmetically.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So far only 1and I got bit last night.... :P
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Too many. :x Not to mention a spider bite. Vengeance will be mine.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    SD48277 wrote:
    Too many. :x Not to mention a spider bite. Vengeance will be mine.

Maybe if that spider had more mosquitoes to eat, he would quit biting you. ;) I have 0 mosquito bites currently, but the powers that be say the W. Nile mosquito is at higher levels than ever in this town. Our county is leading the state in mosquitoes testing positive for W Nile. :fp:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    currently sitting outside and I have zero mosquito bites. They just don't like me :cry:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    3. on the ankle. fuckers,.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    3. on the ankle. fuckers,.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    I count 6, but one of them is on my ear. My EAR!! :x :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Lol, my kid had a couple the size of a baseball, no joke. Must have been munching on him for about 10 minutes. :lol:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    None, but I just got rid of a nasty case of poison ivy
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Lol, my kid had a couple the size of a baseball, no joke. Must have been munching on him for about 10 minutes. :lol:
    You know that can be a frightening thing. Both my boys have had massive reactions to mosquito bites when they were younger. My older boy got a bite on the ankle that swelled so much he had difficulty walking. The bites he got that year were like 5 inches of red, hot, swollen, painful reaction. Over time they have gotten less and less and now are more like normal mosquito bites. The younger boy got it on his forehead one year. I saw the mosquito on him. 24 hours later, the swelling nearly closed his eyes. The bridge of his nose was massive and you could almost see the swelling spreading down to the tip of his nose. They had to put him on prednisone. He can still get a 2-3 inch spot from a mosquito bite but nothing like the first time. I saw the pictures a few weeks ago and it still kind of takes my breath away. :shock:
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    You know that can be a frightening thing. Both my boys have had massive reactions to mosquito bites when they were younger. My older boy got a bite on the ankle that swelled so much he had difficulty walking. The bites he got that year were like 5 inches of red, hot, swollen, painful reaction. Over time they have gotten less and less and now are more like normal mosquito bites. The younger boy got it on his forehead one year. I saw the mosquito on him. 24 hours later, the swelling nearly closed his eyes. The bridge of his nose was massive and you could almost see the swelling spreading down to the tip of his nose. They had to put him on prednisone. He can still get a 2-3 inch spot from a mosquito bite but nothing like the first time. I saw the pictures a few weeks ago and it still kind of takes my breath away. :shock:

Its crazy. My kids reactions are not as bad as yours but he had a huge egg on his forehead from a bite. Luckily he is disciplined by nature and doesn't scratch them much. Still a little freaky to see them swell up so much.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Well apparently the mosquitoes are so bad, and the threat of W Nile is so high that they have a city of 150 K trapped indoors while they spray pesticides all over town. I even brought my chickens inside the garage because the pesticide could make them sick. :fp:
  • Options
    I went to Cabela's and found:

011423004063.ashx?w=240&h=275&bc=transparent&as=1&thn=1

all natural, was outside for a good 8 hours, and I didn't get a bite! Feel better that I'm not spraying myself with a chemical that they aren't sure what the long term effects are.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    Well apparently the mosquitoes are so bad, and the threat of W Nile is so high that they have a city of 150 K trapped indoors while they spray pesticides all over town. I even brought my chickens inside the garage because the pesticide could make them sick. :fp:
    :? Where do you live so I can be sure to never go there?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    In a town that was ranked #6 in 2010 in Money Magazine's Best Places to Live. It is ordinarily just lovely, a high desert and is usually very arid. Last year we had a massive wildfire. But it has been wet this summer, and the mosquitoes have gone crazy. And apparently so have the powers that be. According to the county health department website's West Nile virus page, so far this summer:

Human cases: 18
    Human WNV risk: EXTREMELY HIGH
    WNV-positive mosquito pools: 162
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    4...all from Tuesday night!