Pleasure Theory

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The idea that both men's and women's main motivation for sex is based on pleasure. According to a new report in the journal of personality and psychology, women, like men, are more likely to get their freak on with one night stand prospects who seem to have sexual prowess. Pleausre theory rejects the idea that men are evolved to desire many partners while women are evolved to be monogamous, and claims instead that both genders are motivated by the same basic principle.

Firstly, a big DUH.
Secondly, a very big HELL YES.
:mrgreen:

As re written in Women's Health magazine, July issue.
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    mmmmmm pleasure

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    pleasure? pleasure can be so subjective...I get pleasure from eating ice cream, and I get pleasure from going shopping...I could get pleasure out of meeting Eddie Vedder...all totally different pleasures.

I think they should have said 'satisfaction' or 'gratification' if that is truly what they mean. ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pleasure? pleasure can be so subjective...I get pleasure from eating ice cream, and I get pleasure from going shopping...I could get pleasure out of meeting Eddie Vedder...all totally different pleasures.

I think they should have said 'satisfaction' or 'gratification' if that is truly what they mean. ;)

Pleasure is pleasure...whether from multiple orgasms or chunky monkey. ;)
    Not saying they are the same, just that it's all pleasure.
    Satisfaction and gratification, I can get from other things outside of sexual encounters as well. It's merely semantics. What I appreciate is the recognition that we women too want and enjoy. Sex for sexs sake, just like men. Finally, some fucking honesty. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

And pleasure from getting your freak on is the best ... add chocolate and you've got double pleasure. :D
    And pleasure from getting your freak on is the best ... add chocolate and you've got double pleasure. :D

Don't forget the red wine!
    Bliss!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Don't forget the red wine!
    Bliss!

:D
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,255
    Not one guy commented on this ok let me be the 1st , Winning :!:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ladies, i'm available for any and all pleasure needs...will bring chocolate & wine

:P

:wave:
  • paysonitespaysonites Posts: 1,150
    What's that one saying. One must pleasure one's self before pleasuring others. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Just kidding.
    John and Shawna
    norm wrote:
    ladies, i'm available for any and all pleasure needs...will bring chocolate & wine

Look at you willing to step up, Norm. :mrgreen:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    edited June 2011
    I tend to subscribe to the evolutionary biologist's theory on sexual reproduction.
    The pleasure aspect (release if you will...) has simply evolved as additional motivation to procreate and thereby allowing your DNA to pass on to the next generation. Remove pleasure, and every lifeform would still reproduce. As humans we have the intellect to understand and grasp this concept, but its interesting to see how simple organisms are "programmed" to reproduce despite the fact that they receive no pleasure in it...and in certain organisms, the simple act of reproduction actually causes death...yet they do it anyways.
    The power to pass on your genes to the next generation is the greatest feature...the foundation of evolution.
    It also ties in sexual selection as "desire" does not stem from the ability to have pleasure/an orgasm, rather the evolution of our brains to seek and select mates who provide the best opportunity to sucessfully reproduce. There is a reason why men seek certain features, and there are also reasons why women find certain men attractive. The "tall dark and handsome" features that so many women look for really has a much deeper level than what's perceived on the surface. Those features, of health, strength and the ablility to protect ones self, and the offspring are rooted in the behavioral apsects that derive from one's DNA.
    There is also the anatomical aspect of it as well. Most women have approximately 20-25 years with the ability to have children. Do the math, that that amounts to 240-300 oportunities (years x montly ovulation) in one's life to actually conceive. Evolution has allowed them to be more selective of mates because they also have far more invested in reproduction then men. Men can produce viable sperm from puberty to their death, and it's impossible to run out. Men have little investment/required resources in reproduction, and despite the millions of sperm per ejaculation, the odds are still against successful insemination. It's in men's best interest to "spread the seed" as much as possible.

So, while the pleasure thing is pretty much awesome :D ...the overwhelming majority of organisms and species receive no benefit of reproduction (other than passing on their DNA), yet it still occurs.
    Post edited by mca47 on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

Look at you willing to step up, Norm. :mrgreen:

what can i say? i'm a giver ;):mrgreen:
    I tend t agree with science overall as well. However, as far as human sexuality goes, I DO believe we have evolved considerably.....whether it's actually evolution or simply cultural change. Plenty of people choose.....choose.....not to reproduce nowadays....and yet....still fuck copiously, hopefully. ;). And yes, we women desire that as much as our male counterpoints. Carry on.... :mrgreen:

mca47 wrote:
    I tend to subscribe to the evolutionary biologist's theory on sexual reproduction.
    The pleasure aspect (release if you will...) has simply evolved as additional motivation to procreate and thereby allowing your DNA to pass on to the next generation. Remove pleasure, and every lifeform would still reproduce. As humans we have the intellect to understand and grasp this concept, but its interesting to see how simple organisms are "programmed" to reproduce despite the fact that they receive no pleasure in it...and in certain organisms, the simple act of reproduction actually causes death...yet they do it anyways.
    The power to pass on your genes to the next generation is the greatest feature...the foundation of evolution.
    It also ties in sexual selection as "desire" does not stem from the ability to have pleasure/an orgasm, rather the evolution of our brains to seek and select mates who provide the best opportunity to sucessfully reproduce. There is a reason why men seek certain features, and there are also reasons why women find certain men attractive. The "tall dark and handsome" features that so many women look for really has a much deeper level than what's perceived on the surface. Those features, of health, strength and the ablility to protect ones self, and the offspring are rooted in the behavioral apsects that derive from one's DNA.
    There is also the anatomical aspect of it as well. Most women have approximately 20-25 years with the ability to have children. Do the math, that that amounts to 240-300 oportunities (years x montly ovulation) in one's life to actually conceive. Evolution has allowed them to be more selective of mates because they also have far more invested in reproduction then men. Men can produce viable sperm from puberty to their death, and it's impossible to run out. Men have little investment/required resources in reproduction, and despite the millions of sperm per ejaculation, the odds are still against successful insemination. It's in men's best interest to "spread the seed" as much as possible.

So, while the pleasure thing is pretty much awesome :D ...the overwhelming majority of organisms and species receive no benefit of reproduction (other than passing on their DNA), yet it still occurs.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    this thread is useless without video!
    ;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this thread has Ziggy written all over it. i will sit back, relax and wait for jellybean to spill the beans on her thoughts. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Someone needs to let my wife read this study.....
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    The 81 wrote:
    this thread has Ziggy written all over it. i will sit back, relax and wait for jellybean to spill the beans on her thoughts. :lol:

Sssssh .....
    Ummmmm ....

I think some people have sex to fulfil their emotional needs. Does a woman hit the big 'O' every time? Isn't their pleasure in just giving someone else pleasure.

I think I'll shut up, I don't really know where I'm going.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    locked wrote:
    this thread is useless without video!
    ;)
    Winner-winner!
    Some good ol' fashioned
    blue cinema,
    consarn it!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Claireack wrote:
    Ummmmm ....

I think some people have sex to fulfil their emotional needs. Does a woman hit the big 'O' every time? Isn't their pleasure in just giving someone else pleasure.

YES claire! that was what I was trying to get at!...usually the 'pleasure session' ends up with the man being pleasured and he is all :):D8-) , but the woman is like.... :? :| :x

how would you guys like it if a woman is.....ummmm...we need Ziggy...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I don't know if it's conditioning, but I feel odd if I 'you know' and he doesn't. Happened recently and I felt really guilty (I will say it was voluntarily on his part). Didn't feel right at all. However, that doesn't seem to be the case other way round. To be honest, I don't mind if he does and I don't. Just as long as it isn't all of the time.

I do wish there was a nudge, nudge, wink, wink smilie.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Claireack wrote:
    I don't know if it's conditioning, but I feel odd if I 'you know' and he doesn't. Happened recently and I felt really guilty (I will say it was voluntarily on his part). Didn't feel right at all. However, that doesn't seem to be the case other way round. To be honest, I don't mind if he does and I don't. Just as long as it isn't all of the time.

I do wish there was a nudge, nudge, wink, wink smilie.

my other half pulls that "conditioning" shit out all the time....I say bullshit. Plus, do you think a guy feels guilty when he's :D:);) and we get the :( :? :cry: i doubt it...but then again I can be wrong. There might be that one or select few men.
    sometimes I'd rather...'you know' he's almost ;) ...and I just say 'oh! I'm done! nighty night!' roll over and go to sleep....leave him feeling... :| :evil: :sick:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sometimes I'd rather...'you know' he's almost ;) ...and I just say 'oh! I'm done! nighty night!' roll over and go to sleep....leave him feeling... :| :evil: :sick:

I've done that...and let me tell you...They think twice when they do it to us. at least sometimes in my case. :)
    here's a question....are there men out there that can "keep it going" and hold off on their :o until the other party has their :o and then have their own :o
    just curious.
    I should clarify that the :o is their "O" face. :lol:
    Claireack wrote:
    Ummmmm ....

sure.
    isn't that, for some anyway, a part of pleasure?
    i think the whole point is simply pointing out, men, women, we go for it for pleasure....not the old attitude. or at least, that is the theory brought up, and i personally agree to it....b/c yes, it is exactly how i am. haha.

and errr, well.......yes. every time. otherwise, what's the point? ;) hahahahahaha. (eh, in a lifetime of it, sure, not. every. single. time.....but......damn near close to it. think too that shows we all have different things/ideas of what constitutes 'pleasure'....thing is tho, we're still persuing pleasure when going for sex. and sure, making someone else happy is a pleasure....but giving and getting is even better. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    sheila0225 wrote:
    here's a question....are there men out there that can "keep it going" and hold off on their :o until the other party has their :o and then have their own :o
    just curious.

Indeed.
    I've got pretty good control over :o most of the time...well, some of the time. :D
    After a couple of drinks, the :o can be delayed for a good amount of time.

mca47 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    just curious.

Indeed.
    I've got pretty good control over :o most of the time...well, some of the time. :D

How you doin'? ;)

:lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    just curious.

Indeed.

How you doin'? ;)

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

nice to know some guys actually do 'care' about their partner!

- Christopher McCandless