RIP Ryan dunn

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who speed and/or drive drunk. shitty for their families and friends, but that's it. I agree with Ziggy 100% on this one.

yes, he was human and made mistakes. but if he made that mistake with one of YOUR family members, I doubt you'd feel so bad for him.

the problem is not thinking that way but it is expressing it so quickly after someone dies. let the families at least get to put their loved ones to rest before speaking ill of the dead. it's disrespectful to the family and friends to do it so soon in my opinion.

fair enough. but I just think it's hypocritical in society that we feel bad for a guy based on the result, not on the action. the result is he died (along with his passenger). had that same action resulted in the death of a child, we'd be raking him over the coals for the same action, and yes, this quickly after the fact.

to me, the action is the deplorable part, not the result.

what if....

the driver was a 16 year old girl....
    that had dropped out of high school....
    that had been drinking....
    and was driving a stolen car...
    and wrapped said car around a tree, killing herself and 2 others that were in the car with her?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The 81 wrote:

what if....

and wrapped said car around a tree, killing herself and 2 others that were in the car with her?

I'd say the same. why?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    The 81 wrote:

what if....

I'd say the same. why?

http://dailyherald.com/article/20110619/news/706199907/

check out the photo's...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The 81 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

what if....

I'd say the same. why?

http://dailyherald.com/article/20110619/news/706199907/

check out the photo's...

what is the connection between this and dunn's accident? i don't it..
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    fair enough. but I just think it's hypocritical in society that we feel bad for a guy based on the result, not on the action. the result is he died (along with his passenger). had that same action resulted in the death of a child, we'd be raking him over the coals for the same action, and yes, this quickly after the fact.

and some might argue that it's disrespectful to feel sorry for the guy that killed their family member (the passenger).

my point was more about respecting the family and friends in the aftermath. every rational person would agree that his actions were deplorable but i just don't agree that is should be the 1st thing brought up within minutes and hours of his death. in the case of death the result IS always more important than the action because it's final.

drunk driving with excessive speed.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

i guess i missed it. best i could tell that article was about a stolen car that ended up smashed into a tree. i don't think it said they were drunk and speeding.
    www.myspace.com
  • The 81 wrote:

I guess I'm not clear on your "what if?" question. should I feel differently because they were teens?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • pjhawks wrote:

and some might argue that it's disrespectful to feel sorry for the guy that killed their family member (the passenger).

my point was more about respecting the family and friends in the aftermath. every rational person would agree that his actions were deplorable but i just don't agree that is should be the 1st thing brought up within minutes and hours of his death. in the case of death the result IS always more important than the action because it's final.

it's just the chain of conversation. it starts off at "this guy died, that sucks". then "oh, he was drinking and/or speeding excessively, which killed him and his passenger".

and you somehow expect people not to express their feelings on these findings?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    The 81 wrote:

I guess I'm not clear on your "what if?" question. should I feel differently because they were teens?

no. :lol:

i have a hard time feeling pity for people that do stupid shit to get themselves killed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

i have a hard time feeling pity for people that do stupid shit to get themselves killed.

agreed.
    www.myspace.com
  • The 81 wrote:

phew.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • the douchebag was drunk:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/toxicology-report-shows-jackass-star-ryan-dunn-was-drunk-at-time-of-fatal-crash.html

PHILADELPHIA - "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn had a blood-alcohol content that was more than twice the legal limit when he and a passenger died in a fiery one-car crash this week, according to a toxicology report.

Dunn's Porsche may have been travelling as fast as 140 mph (225 kph) in a 55 mph (90 kph) zone when it jumped a guardrail, flew into a wooded ravine, struck a tree and burst into flames, police said.

His blood-alcohol level was 0.196 at the time of the Monday morning crash, according to the toxicology report released Wednesday by West Goshen Township Police. The legal limit for drivers is .08.

Dunn, 34, and his passenger Zachary Hartwell, 30, died early Monday after they left a West Chester bar called Barnaby's of America. Hours before the crash, Dunn tweeted a photo from the bar of the pair and a third man drinking. The photo has since been taken down.

Employees at the bar said Dunn was not visibly intoxicated at any point that night and surveillance video shared with police supported those observations, said Frank Herron, the bar's general manager.

"He spoke clearly. He walked clearly. He came in hop, skip, jumping. He left hop, skip, jumping," Herron told The Associated Press. "If these results are true, I'm shocked at it. We were very confident that he had not had that much."

Herron said the bar contacted the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board right after the death and was co-operating with state and local officials in the investigation.

According to court documents, Dunn was charged in April 2005 with driving under the influence after crashing his car in West Whiteland Township, about two miles (three kilometres) from Monday's crash site. The documents show he successfully completed a program designed for first-time, nonviolent offenders that allows charges to be dismissed after defendants finish the program.

More court documents showed that Dunn had been cited for speeding several times since 1998.

Dunn appeared on MTV shows "Jackass" and "Viva La Bam" and the three "Jackass" big-screen adaptations. He also was the star of his own MTV show, "Homewrecker," and just began hosting the show "Proving Ground" on the G4 cable network.

G4 said it pulled "Proving Ground" and would decide whether to continue airing it.

Dunn also starred in the yet-to-be-released film "Living Will." The film's website describes Dunn's character as a "party bum slacker (who) returns from the dead as a mischievous and perverted ghost."

The force of Monday's crash shattered Dunn's 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 into several twisted and blackened pieces, leaving the car unrecognizable except for a door that was thrown from the crash. A 100-foot-long (30-meter-long) tire skid marked where the car left the roadway.

Both Dunn and Hartwell, a production assistant for the second "Jackass" movie, were severely burned. Police said they identified Dunn because of his tattoos and hair.

The toxicology report said Dunn did not have "drugs of abuse" in his system. The term encompasses illegal drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana, said Chief Deputy Coroner David Garver. The coroner's office was still awaiting the results of tests that would indicate the presence of prescription drugs, Garver said.

Dunn was born in Ohio and moved at age 15 to Pennsylvania, where he met fellow "Jackass" cast mate Bam Margera on his first day of high school, according to a biography posted on his website.

Margera visited the crash site Tuesday, telling WTXF-TV that he was devastated by Dunn's death.

"I've never lost anybody that I cared about. It's my best friend," he told WTXF, weeping. "He was the happiest person ever, the smartest guy. He had so much talent, and he had so many things going for him. This is not right, not right."
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I never trust the limits the states set

Not saying Dunn maybe wasn't drunk and it caused his accident but those numbers the states set I never agreed with

everybody handles alcohol differently ...how can their be a set number as to when someone is drunk ?

2 people can drink the same amount and both show the same total on a breath-alyzer but one guy is fine to drive and the other a mess
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I never trust the limits the states set

Not saying Dunn maybe wasn't drunk and it caused his accident but those numbers the states set I never agreed with

everybody handles alcohol differently ...how can their be a set number as to when someone is drunk ?

2 people can drink the same amount and both show the same total on a breath-alyzer but one guy is fine to drive and the other a mess

agreed. but did you see the part about how fast the fucker was driving??
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

Yeah..dont get me wrong the dude liked to speed

23 speeding tickets they said

I think that was the real issue not the alcohol..but no one will really know

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868

Yeah..dont get me wrong the dude liked to speed

23 speeding tickets they said

I think that was the real issue not the alcohol..but no one will really know

Why is only one issued allowed? seems pretty obvious that 130 + MPH & 2.1 times over the legal limit is going to be disasterous.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    trust the limits the states set

Why is only one issued allowed? seems pretty obvious that 130 + MPH & 2.1 times over the legal limit is going to be disasterous.

Like I said I dont think twice the legal limit means he is a total mess driving

Its a number set by the state..we all metabolise alcohol differently

It may have it may not have is all I'm saying

the legal limit is reguardless, if your blood is 1/5th booze, you're going to be drunk.
    the legal limit is reguardless, if your blood is 1/5th booze, you're going to be drunk.

I drive better drunk and one eye open

;):D

I don't know why, but when it comes to whether or not should be driving drunk, I'll trust Dunn's end result over phantom's axioms.

I don't know why, but when it comes to whether or not should be driving drunk, I'll trust Dunn's end result over phantom's axioms.

:lol:

Fair enough

regardless of what the limit is, .196 is pretty fucking drunk to be driving dude...
    www.myspace.com

regardless of what the limit is, .196 is pretty fucking drunk to be driving dude...

With the guys past history it sounds like he was destined to be killed driving fast

23 speeding tickets..holy crap

Like I said it may have played a role in the crash no doubt about it

how did he still have a license/insurance with that many tickets? :?
    www.myspace.com
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    how did he still have a license/insurance with that many tickets? :?
    money.

i am glad no innocent people were killed/harmed. i hope the tree is ok.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited June 2011

It would be one thing if somebody couldn't handle a couple of beers, while somebody else could handle a six pack, but it took at least a dozen drinks to get him to that blood alcohol level. At least a dozen drinks in just a few hours!

No human being can pound 12+ drinks and be ok to drive, let alone 130 mph. I don't care what your tolerance is.

I think setting a limit is stupid though. Either make it ok to drink and drink or make it illegal at any limit. Who's to tell if they've had one too many? How do you know if you're .079 or .081?

I say, minor ticket for any trace of alcohol. Big ticket over .08 ..and you lose your license and jail time at .1 and above.. I don't like the idea that it's perfectly ok by law do drive at .079, but you're fucked at .08
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
    Gob wrote:
    No human being can pound 12+ drinks and be ok to drive, let alone 130 mph. I don't care what your tolerance is.

Apparently you haven't met 81

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Oh, geez, here we go again..

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/22/we ... ?hpt=hp_t2

These people better watch who they're protesting. One of these times they are going to pick the wrong person to protest and their safety won't be gaurunteed.

I wouldn't be surprised in Knoxville and gang show up with blow torches to set some protest signs on fire..
    Gob wrote:
    Oh, geez, here we go again..

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/22/we ... ?hpt=hp_t2

These people better watch who they're protesting. One of these times they are going to pick the wrong person to protest and their safety won't be gaurunteed.

I wouldn't be surprised in Knoxville and gang show up with blow torches to set some protest signs on fire..

Why are they protesting his funeral ?

Was Dunn Gay ?