St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I've never even heard of him but he sounds like a total dickhead to me. Drinking....speeding....multiple BAD crashes. Look at his car?! He's fucking lucky he hasn't wiped out a couple of families on the way. At least there's one less fuckhead on the roads.

he is still a human....a young one at that
    A young human putting the lives of everyone on the road at the same time as him at risk.

yes we know this...i was just at a madd walk..lost a very dear friend to a drunk driver

however the kid still is a person...he fucked up big time...just show some class and respect
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    Philly.com was quite classy today. Their headline was "Dunn Deal". Don't think the NY Post would even do that.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited June 2011
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I've never even heard of him but he sounds like a total dickhead to me. Drinking....speeding....multiple BAD crashes. Look at his car?! He's fucking lucky he hasn't wiped out a couple of families on the way. At least there's one less fuckhead on the roads.

A young human putting the lives of everyone on the road at the same time as him at risk.

yes we know this...i was just at a madd walk..lost a very dear friend to a drunk driver

however the kid still is a person...he fucked up big time...just show some class and respect

Until the toxicology reports, no one will really knows if he was over the limit or not. With a Porsche, I wouldn't be surprised about the speeding but it is all hearsay at the moment, cause of the accident yet to be determined.

Because someone decided to tweet some rather insensitive stuff, it doesn't have to be taken at face value, just to make headlines.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    did you see the skid marks? speed was an issue.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    he is still a human....a young one at that

Exactly. I love some of the shit I'm seeing on facebook where people want to get up on their pulpit and say how he killed another person. Look, I get it, I know. But imagine if his family and friends saw some of that. The two dudes were friends, and I think the last thing that either families want is the finger being pointed. Because no matter what it won't bring either one of them back. Let both sides fucking grieve without someone thinking they know it all get up on their soap box and start waving their finger. No matter what two people are dead, not just one. And one's life isn't any more valuable than another's just because the one made a mistake. It's just unfortunate on all levels.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    it is creepy to see all this.... as we share the same name.... and we are both about the same age.... and started in Buffalo and later moved to Philly.

I liked him on Jackass.... probably because the name. Going 100+ in a Porche.... especially after a few pops.... is rolling some loaded dice. It is just stupid. Thank god they didnt kill any innocents.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    When I heard about it the first thing I thought about was Pelle Linbergh. His accident happened right down the street from where I worked at the time.

same circumstances, late night, drinking, driving a porsche extremely fast, lost control . . .

in this instance, only Pelle was killed but the others were severly injured

http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-iihf/ ... ry-54.html
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    So crappy. I met him a bunch of times out and about when I lived in West Chester. He used to special order DVDs all of the time from me at Barnes and Noble. He was such a nice, quiet guy. It's such a tragedy when these things happen. It looks like signs are pointing that he was drinking before driving, which is always such a risk. My thoughts are with his friends and family, along with his passenger/friend's family and friends as well. I know those guys really live on the edge, maybe it'll be a wake up call to them and prevent something like this in the future.
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    Anyone else hope they spread his ashes over Snake River as they jump it or something to that effect?
  • sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who speed and/or drive drunk. shitty for their families and friends, but that's it. I agree with Ziggy 100% on this one.

yes, he was human and made mistakes. but if he made that mistake with one of YOUR family members, I doubt you'd feel so bad for him.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    So apparently a lot of people think there will be no hangover 3 anymore...

Umm, different bearded guy.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who speed and/or drive drunk. shitty for their families and friends, but that's it. I agree with Ziggy 100% on this one.

yes, he was human and made mistakes. but if he made that mistake with one of YOUR family members, I doubt you'd feel so bad for him.

the problem is not thinking that way but it is expressing it so quickly after someone dies. let the families at least get to put their loved ones to rest before speaking ill of the dead. it's disrespectful to the family and friends to do it so soon in my opinion.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    So apparently a lot of people think there will be no hangover 3 anymore...

Umm, different bearded guy.

He's in Sons of Anarchy!

tumblr_ljzdganvrC1qj21gso1_400.jpg
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

• musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    you gotta wonder how this will change the jackass crew. will it make them continue on with their stunts and pranks and whatnot, or will it make them go on a completely different route or path.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I had heard he only had a few drinks that night......so speed may have been the critical factor
    norm wrote:

not suprised. if you saw the skid marks, you know damn well speed was a factor. i could stop from 60 and still have more of his skid marks in front of my truck.

i'm guessing somebody either pulled out in front of them, or they were passing and he tried to cut back over to fast...or they blew a tire or had anouther mechanical failure.

sad for the family...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Yeah, a shit load of deer around there, so who knows.
    Yeah, a shit load of deer around there, so who knows.

never swerve for an animal. put the pedal down and make up some time. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Given the amount of alcohol and speed quoted, probably just as likely there were no other factors involved.

Not good either way.
    RIP
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Rygar wrote:
    Given the amount of alcohol and speed quoted, probably just as likely there were no other factors involved.

Not good either way.
    RIP

thank god he didn't kill anyone else...i heard from people who've hung out with him and the rest of that crew before that he's a good guy.....but jesus christ he was an unbelievable dope for getting behind the wheel. especially with a dui from a few years ago and knowing how tough pa has gotten with them lately. that's fucked up.

guy with him just got married too. such a shame.
    www.myspace.com
    Rygar wrote:

Not good either way.
    RIP

thank god he didn't kill anyone else...i heard from people who've hung out with him and the rest of that crew before that he's a good guy.....but jesus christ he was an unbelievable dope for getting behind the wheel. especially with a dui from a few years ago and knowing how tough pa has gotten with them lately. that's fucked up.

guy with him just got married too. such a shame.
    I heard 23 prior speeding tickets also

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

spending time this weekend with some friends that were partying really woke me up to the 'sometimes drunk people don't know they are too drunk' factor:

I left my friends in the beer garden and a girlfriend and I went walking around the street fair, I was the DD and drove everybody home. One friend asked me to take him to his buddy's house...gave me directions and everything. I thought he was all good... :)

he called on Sunday morning to say 'thanks for getting me home safely, I woke up in my own bed and was happy to be there!' :?

then he called Sunday night to say, 'I didn't know you dropped me off at my buddy's house, I guess I went out and partied with him all night and went home with some girl...I don't remember anything!' :shock: :o

I cannot believe he 'blacked out' on the entire day and all night long...he doesn't remember ANYthing.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RKCNDY wrote:

spending time this weekend with some friends that were partying really woke me up to the 'sometimes drunk people don't know they are too drunk' factor:

I left my friends in the beer garden and a girlfriend and I went walking around the street fair, I was the DD and drove everybody home. One friend asked me to take him to his buddy's house...gave me directions and everything. I thought he was all good... :)

he called on Sunday morning to say 'thanks for getting me home safely, I woke up in my own bed and was happy to be there!' :?

then he called Sunday night to say, 'I didn't know you dropped me off at my buddy's house, I guess I went out and partied with him all night and went home with some girl...I don't remember anything!' :shock: :o

I cannot believe he 'blacked out' on the entire day and all night long...he doesn't remember ANYthing.

sounds like just about every weekend for me from about 1996 to 2006 :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

sounds like just about every weekend for me from about 1996 to 2006 :lol:

:lol: guess that's why he doesn't remember getting into a fight with the sticker bushes either...he was covered in blood...literally...I should film this next time.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    And apparently Dunn was driving ridiculously fast. It's very sad and all, but that's just plain stupid.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebri ... index.html
  • pjhawks wrote:
    sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who speed and/or drive drunk. shitty for their families and friends, but that's it. I agree with Ziggy 100% on this one.

the problem is not thinking that way but it is expressing it so quickly after someone dies. let the families at least get to put their loved ones to rest before speaking ill of the dead. it's disrespectful to the family and friends to do it so soon in my opinion.

fair enough. but I just think it's hypocritical in society that we feel bad for a guy based on the result, not on the action. the result is he died (along with his passenger). had that same action resulted in the death of a child, we'd be raking him over the coals for the same action, and yes, this quickly after the fact.

to me, the action is the deplorable part, not the result.

and some might argue that it's disrespectful to feel sorry for the guy that killed their family member (the passenger).
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014