A sprained fucking ankle???

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    norm wrote:
    SPEEDY getting out of his truck this afternoon.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGGCVE2lKY

fucking

awesome
    I blame the bike. It WAS the AMF Harley years.... :mrgreen:

Also, you know , for as many times as he wrecked? You might think he would have learned how to do that better.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Crutches on stairs???

bad%20idea%20jeans.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    perocet are your friend..get some asap to help

feel better

driving foot?
    Yeah its my driving foot...
    But either way Im screwed.....

Clutch
    Clutch
    Clutch.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Sucks dude. I feel your pain, I have been through ankle surgery due to sprains so I know where you're coming from.
    jimed14 wrote:
    Crutches on stairs???

bad%20idea%20jeans.jpg
    hehehehehehehehe

I had to get up those stairs somehow....

Kathy being the lovely, caring, wife that she is......

Just stood there and laughed her ass off......
    jimed14 wrote:
    Crutches on stairs???

bad%20idea%20jeans.jpg
    hehehehehehehehe

I like her!!!!! Looks like we know why she married you. Lifetime of comic relief! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Since I have been home....Maybe 2 hours....

Honey can you go run and get me a pack of smokes??
    Honey can you bring me a bowl of green olives??
    Can ya grab a couple of dill pickles too??
    I need a diet pop...
    Can ya get me another diet pop...
    What are we having for dinner??
    Can you turn the a/c up a little ?? Its fucking hot in here....
    Do you know where my grey shorts are?? The ones you say make me look retarded???

I think she is ready to beat the shit out of me....hehehehehehe
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you decided to cash in the 'in sickness' part of the vows right off the bat, huh speedy? :lol::lol:

I need a diet pop...
    Do you know where my grey shorts are?? The ones you say make me look retarded???

hmmm, wonder how she'll explain you dying from a sprained ankle.

mickeyrat wrote:

I need a diet pop...

hmmm, wonder how she'll explain you dying from a sprained ankle.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=159348
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ouch!
    sorry to read!

i know all too well the pain of a sprain.
    supposely spraining a muscle hurts more than breaking a bone. i wouldn't know, i've never broken anything...but have sprained the shit out of my ankle and knee, both on pj tours. once in italy, once in NY.....tripping on fucking uneven side-walk. :roll: still went to the show, but afterwards spent the evening in the ER. fun. italy, i had to drag myself thru another city and show, plus a 7.5 hour plane ride home. it outright sucks. ice, ice, ice....and ask for better drugs. :)

here's to a speedy recovery!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    here's to a speedy recovery!

Nice shirt.
    Well my dumbass is off to bed...

See everyone tomorrow....

Thanks for the well wishes....
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    jimed14 wrote:
    Crutches on stairs???

bad%20idea%20jeans.jpg
    hehehehehehehehe

Well isn't the insurance in her name now.

You better check to see if she greased the stairs :o ............... :lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    metsfan wrote:
    Suzi78 wrote:
    Put ice on it asap and raise your foot up high on a chair or a bunch of pillows. Leave it on for no more than 5 minutes at a time, it may do more damage to your foot if you ice it longer than that, and keep icing it every 20 min or so in the beginning. Arnica gel also reduces bruising and swelling. You can find it at any health store. I've sprained my ankle a couple of times, last time about 8 months ago and I'm still not fully recovered. Takes a long time for an ankle too heal completely after this of type injury :cry: Hopefully your pain subsides soon.
    nurse Suzi knows everything ;)

Well being a hypochondriac has turned me into a walking health encyclopedia and I've diagnosed myself with everything from ovarian cancer to a brain tumor...actually right now I think I have sciatica (or actually it's an inflammation of the piriformis muscle that's irritating the sciatic nerve. That's my diagnosis). The sprained ankle was for real though, haha, nothing you can imagine or trick your brain into believing...You know for sure when you've sprained it.
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Suzi78 wrote:

niiiiiice ;)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,366
    i tore my ankle ligaments 10 weeks ago. and its still shit and aches. good luck.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Suzi78 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua26qTEK25U
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    SPEEDY cut the crap,,you cant get away,.,friday party at Lake Geneva...you coming..want it or not.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Sleeping pills...

I love them!!!!!

So I wake up this morning...
    Roll over, look at Kathy who is already awake....
    And the 1st words out of my mouth???

"Im out of coffee"

Lets just say she isnt too thrilled with me.....hehehehehehehehe

She cant wait to get out of this house and go to work...hehehehehehehe
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    sorry your doc sucks speedy

4 years ago my dog pulled me down as I was walking along the river...heard all the bones in my ankle crunch...had to be carried ¼ mile back to the car. :oops:

The walk-in clinic was closed (it was 4th of July)-no way I'm gonna pay $175 co-pay to go to the ER...I didn't have any bones sticking out.

Went to see the doc the nest day, doc says, 'you hyper extended your anterior, lateral, and posterior ligaments...some may be torn'. Cool, so I basically rolled my ankle and heard all the bones rub against each other!

Doc gave me a bunch of vicodin :D, I didn't have a defined ankle for 2 weeks...and my entire foot and ankle turned lovely shades of black, blue, yellow and green.

Did score disabled parking at Ozzfest that year too. For free!

Hurry up and get better damnit! :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rolled my ankles a few times....had a walking cast for one of them. most recent was 3 years ago. it's still not 100% right, but i can walk fine, so i ignore it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    rolled my ankles a few times....had a walking cast for one of them. most recent was 3 years ago. it's still not 100% right, but i can walk fine, so i ignore it.
    I get the pleasure of sitting back today, and watching The World Famous Chicago Cubs....

God help me....

hehehehe
    The 81 wrote:
    I get the pleasure of sitting back today, and watching The World Famous Chicago Cubs....

God help me....

hehehehe

:lol:

drink 6 beers before first pitch....it'll help with both the ankle and the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

God help me....

hehehehe

that's what the pain pills are for! :mrgreen:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I severely sprained my ankle one year playing softball, fielding a ball at second base. My body went one way and my ankle went the other. Ouch.

It was the night before I was going on vacation to Cape Cod. Spent the entire vacation on crutches and had to do my touristy thing from a moped. Driving around Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard was a blast, but that sucker lasted for almost three months. The doctor said sometimes sprains are worse than breaks, and that was the case for me.

And the colors, oh so lovely, from puke yellow to bright purple and green. Lovely.
    I severely sprained my ankle one year playing softball, fielding a ball at second base. My body went one way and my ankle went the other. Ouch.

It was the night before I was going on vacation to Cape Cod. Spent the entire vacation on crutches and had to do my touristy thing from a moped. Driving around Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard was a blast, but that sucker lasted for almost three months. The doctor said sometimes sprains are worse than breaks, and that was the case for me.

And the colors, oh so lovely, from puke yellow to bright purple and green. Lovely.

the gf had a small tear in her calf three weeks ago....after a couple of weeks, she was feeling better, so she went for a walk and than started to jog...two steps in...pop...pain is back. it clears up in couple of days, and than yesterday she tweaks it again.

we go on vacation in 2.5 weeks....

she's gonna be fucked.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    My 14 year old daughter sprained her ankle in a volleyball game a couple weeks ago (a kid fell on her) and sort of had the choice between a cast and a boot, but the doctor recommended the cast so we went with that. Another friend had the same kind of injury and did the boot and his mom said he never wore the boot and months later his ankle still hurts. So even though the cast has been a pain in the ass, I'm glad we chose that.

I don't know what the rehab is like when the cast comes off. But my advice is listen to your doctor. (And get as many pain pills as you can.) I hope you feel better.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The 81 wrote:

the gf had a small tear in her calf three weeks ago....after a couple of weeks, she was feeling better, so she went for a walk and than started to jog...two steps in...pop...pain is back. it clears up in couple of days, and than yesterday she tweaks it again.

we go on vacation in 2.5 weeks....

she's gonna be fucked.

a tear in the calf is completely different, I have no idea how long that takes to heal, but I would think any kind of pressure on it is dangerous until it does fully heal

so yeah, you're right, she's fucked

I'm telling you, mopeds are the way to go in this type of situation. :D