**HELP SPREAD THE WORD- 20 year old IU student missing**

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Bump, no word on any leads I take it??
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Loulou wrote:
    Bump, no word on any leads I take it??
    Nothing so far, no strong leads. It's difficult to be optimistic about the situation but I personally am trying as hard as possible! Hopefully a lead emerges soon.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    Bump
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    We got a fax about this at work with all the info and her picture, and I live in CT. I did the only thing I could, put it up on our wall where patients and co-workers can see it.
    Best to all the searchers and prayers out to her family.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bump

any news?
  • I've been there since Tuesday. There are so many things being reported it's unreal. Now that they have the additional specialty groups there it's that much more amazing. I've not been online to update here because I've been pretty much living at the volunteer headquarters as a co-admin for getting the volunteers organized and deployed. The family is absolutely wonderful and their friends... they have a wonderful support network there. Robbie (Lauren's dad) told me yesterday - what an amazing support network we all have here in Bloomington. People are coming in from all over, many of them repeat volunteers that show up each day for more searching.

Keep the hope alive - Robbie and Charlene are not giving up and neither are we.

The family created a website http://www.findlauren.com that you can sign up for to get updates too.

DOA
  • bump - Still searching - Keep Lauren and her family in your thoughts
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Bump- Couldn't begin to imagine what her poor friends and family are going through. So awful, I'm gonna keep hoping though she is found safe and well.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Saw this in the news again last night but had the volume down. By the time I turned it up it was already done.
    Man, those little blurps go fast.
    No news? Really hoping for a happy ending here.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    News has been slow about Lauren, no definitive news to report yet. Still hoping and praying for a miracle. For anyone that wants to keep up with things, I think the best way is on Facebook- there's a page called 'Official Lauren Spierer Updates From Her Family' http://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates?ref=ts
    ~not a dude~
  • There is a core group of volunteers that show up everyday.... I want to send out a Kudos for that group. I took the weekend off to be with my kids but a lot of these guys have not taken a break. This community and the new family/friends we've made from NJ, NY, Quebec, GA, WI, OH, MI, TX...etc. has been the silver lining to this terrible situation. I'm not willing to call it a tragedy because that would be accepting defeat.

We are not giving up. Charlene and Robbie are not giving up... no one is.
  • Bump - Anyone willing to come help search this weekend would be greatly appreciated!
  • Bumping to keep this thread from getting buried. She is still missing and my heart is still broken for her family. Our all day volunteer searches have ceased (June 29) but there is a core group that is remaining together and are ready to go again at a minutes notice. Her parents are remaining in Bloomington until they find her. If you are able to help contribute a donation that helps pay their expenses plus expenses associated with continuing periodic search efforts, please visit http://www.findlauren.com and click on Donate at the top of the page.

Thanks for any gift or prayers you can offer. Please keep her wonderful family and friends in your thoughts. They are such amazing people. I asked if I could join the family, Charlene smiled, hugged me, and said you are.

DOA
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Bumping to keep this thread from getting buried. She is still missing and my heart is still broken for her family. Our all day volunteer searches have ceased (June 29) but there is a core group that is remaining together and are ready to go again at a minutes notice. Her parents are remaining in Bloomington until they find her. If you are able to help contribute a donation that helps pay their expenses plus expenses associated with continuing periodic search efforts, please visit http://www.findlauren.com and click on Donate at the top of the page.

Thanks for any gift or prayers you can offer. Please keep her wonderful family and friends in your thoughts. They are such amazing people. I asked if I could join the family, Charlene smiled, hugged me, and said you are.

DOA

Can't imagine what her family is going through. Really hoping and praying for a happy ending to this story. It's awesome of you guys/the community to be so generous and helpful. Keep up the good work. Sending all the good vibes I got
  • Awareness Ride, July 30, 2011: Motorcycle ride that was intended to raise awareness that we are still looking for Lauren and hopefully cause someone to talk.It was a beautiful day and a great turn out with a lot of new volunteers. I think we counted about 170 bikes - most with two people on. Wow. Riding out of that parking lot in that pack was a moment that just brought tears to my eyes. It was very powerful.

http://www.wthr.com/story/15179228/ride-for-lauren?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6103696

To keep up to date on the latest in the Find Lauren search, visit http://www.findlauren.com/
    Thank you
    DOA
  • Students started back at IU Bloomington today. Lauren is still missing. Someone is not talking.

This is a video that was created for her - http://youtu.be/8LUnEA1C-pU

She is a real person, not just a girl on a poster. Please keep the hope and awareness alive for sweet Lauren. A PDF is available if you would be willing to print it off and hang a few where you live, whether it is 5 or 50, the family appreciates anything you can do.

http://www.findlauren.com/printable_poster.pdf
  • Upcoming Awareness Events:

SSTTE Awareness Day - Scarsdale, New York - September 18, 2011
    Scarsdale Synagogue Announces a Bike/Walk Fundraiser for Lauren on Sunday September 18th. Meet at Scarsdale Synagogue at 11:15AM for a moment of sharing followed by a bike ride or walk on the Bronx River Parkway. All donations will be contributed to the Help Find Lauren Fund at Indiana University Hillel.

Address: 2 Ogden Road
    Scarsdale, New York 10583

Shine for Lauren - Free Awareness Concert - September 22, 2011 - Bloomington, Indiana
    Dot Dot Dot http://dotdotdotonline.com/
    Clayton Anderson http://www.claytonandersonofficial.com/
    Brice Fox and Daniel Weber http://youtu.be/H8hdKnr7rpE

http://www.facebook.com/Shine4LaurenConcert
  • My kids and I drove to Milwaukee this past Saturday to meet my new nephew but we couldn't do so without it being a trip to spread more awareness about Lauren. We attached her missing poster to the tire cover on the back of my CRV, handed out signs at gas stations or at rest stops, even had a lady at a Chicago toll booth asking questions and wanting fliers to pass out to her friends. On our way back home to Bloomington on Sunday, we stopped for lunch at a restaurant called the Machine Shop. As we are in the parking lot leaving, I turn around and see a guy with a PEARL JAM 20 shirt on :). I couldn't help it, I had to run over and say hello. He probably is concerned I was stalking him but it was finally something that made me smile. I didn't get to attend PJ20 because I was helping Lauren's mom search for clues in her daughter's disappearance and because I had no money... but, I'm sure I made the right decision. My license plate says "RELEASE". I want this family to be RELEASEd from their pain. :(

A reward of $145,000 is being offered.

If anyone wants posters or "bag tags" (business card size of poster that is laminated for hanging on RVM, purse, backback), just send me a note and I'll get some sent to you.

Thanks!
    DOA
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Bump...hope they find her!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Thanks! I thought I was the only one reading this post! Glad to see others are still out there :)

I appreciate, and the family appreciates, any help or prayers!
  • Please know that your efforts are appreciated.

this kind of stuff breaks my heart, I can't imagine the family's pain
  • I hope they find her. I hope she is safe. Much love to her and her family and friends.

And I hope for the the other girl that is missing too.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • BUMP
    Cincy-2006
    Chicago-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 3)-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 4)-2009
    St. Louis-2010
    Columbus, OH-2010
    Indy, IN-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincy-2014
    St. Louis-2014
    Raleigh, NC-2016 (Cancelled)
    New Orleans Jazz Fest-2016
    Wrigley II-2016
  • Thanks you guys and gals! So very much.
  • Well, it's been a while since I last posted here so I figured it was time for an update.

On Sept. 22, the Shine for Lauren, awareness concert/event occurred. It poured down rain which definitely made a lot of the crowd go away. They say there were about 2,000 people there but we were probably down to less than a 100 by the end. Soaking wet and 54 degrees was not fun but for those of us who stayed the entire time - we clearly didn't care. Several of the friends and family came in from NY and CT to attend. It was so nice to visit with the extended family again and show them we are still here to support Rob and Charlene.

On Sunday, the 25th, a terrible thing happened though. The Private Investigator has caused a lot of harm to Rob/Charlene and this case. For anyone that saw this, or cares, Charlene and I wrote this morning and she was not happy with what happened. This PI does not share the thoughts of the family and she said he will be making a public apology. The last thing this family needs right now is for the community to stop supporting them or anything that creates more drama - this PI has done some serious harm and I sure hope that people can trust that this family is amazing and not judge them based on this PI's behavior. Charlene and Rob, and their family - are the most amazing people I've met in my life. They are so loving and caring and thankful. There have been too many people that do not know this family commenting on "New Yorkers" and making judgement - I'm from southern Indiana and I have never once found any of the derogatory stereotype adjectives used to be true of this family. They are honest, down to earth, loving, and kind. Sorry for the rant but I'm so frustrated with the closed-minded people commenting with negative stuff about this family - I've held my thoughts to myself all along, but the comments I read yesterday have really made me sad.

Please keep the hopes/prayers up. Get the latest update at http://www.findlauren.com.

Thanks, DOA
  • I'll keep praying for Lauren and the family. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through. It's hard to believe she just vanished into thin air. Someone out there knows something.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • drmrkelley wrote:
    I'll keep praying for Lauren and the family. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through. It's hard to believe she just vanished into thin air. Someone out there knows something.
    Thank you. I will pass along comments from this thread to them. They need to continue to see that good people DO exist.
    DOA
  • bump
    Thanks DreamOfAngels for keeping this going. Any events that are going on at home (NY) at this time I'm not too familiar with, as I'm away at school.

But I did go home for the weekend and saw Lauren's father and sister at temple for the holidays. Must've been really hard seeing people's college kids (like me) home for the holidays. Everyone is trying to keep positive. And the rabbi mentioned that we should all keep Lauren & her family in our thoughts, which I thought was appropriate and nice of him to do.
    ~not a dude~
  • samjam,
    Thank YOU for starting this thread! Not a problem for me to continue pushing it and updating it.

I do imagine the holidays are difficult for all of them, especially New Year. I met their Rabbi a few times. He was here, most recently, for the Shine 4 Lauren concert and we walked to the concert together. He has been wonderful.

It was very difficult when they felt the presence of students returning to campus too at the start of the semester. Everything is a reminder. Charlene engages me in conversation about what my kids are up to, or will ask them questions about school, etc...I always wonder how she does it without tears. Every conversation that you think might be an innocent conversation, has some element to remind her that she is missing something. Every event, every smile, every hug, everything reminds her.

Whether they are here or at home, we are here to support them 150%. As much as they have allowed us to be friends, we are no match to the close knit network they have at home. I think it is good that they went home for some time to get re-energized and reconnect with that network and with Rebecca.

I continue to search periodically, offer to do "normal things" with them, and am willing to do anything they ask. Let me know if you have any ideas for how to do more!
    DOA