Options

**CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL**

Comments

• Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    frazba wrote:
    Where did you loose it dimi :lol::lol: hope you find it again.... should be a better game tonight with man utd, not that i should mention that here, as this is for champions league, not second rate europa :lol:

You starting to get used to watching Utd on a Thursday night then? :lol::lol::lol:

sadly no, it just doesn't seem right :lol: lets hope its a one off.
    as for the champions league, depending on the draw, i think barca vs byern munich would be a great final.

Never mind, no more Thursday evening footy....until next year :lol:
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    frazba wrote:
    frazba wrote:
    You starting to get used to watching Utd on a Thursday night then? :lol::lol::lol:

sadly no, it just doesn't seem right :lol: lets hope its a one off.
    as for the champions league, depending on the draw, i think barca vs byern munich would be a great final.

Never mind, no more Thursday evening footy....until next year :lol:

I doubt that very much mate.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I am looking forward to today's match Barcalona vs. Milan. Last week's game was fantastic defense by Milan to keep it a 0-0 draw.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    great games ahead...

...Bayern-Barcelona will be the Final... :corn:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    awesome match so far...Bayern - Real Madrid
    Bayern is lucky so far..

Hala Madrid...!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    great games ahead...

i'm on the fence. i think barcelona will reach the final. so a bayern - barca final would be fitting as 2 countries would be represented. but at the same time i'd like to see El classico.
    either way it makes for a good final.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    great games ahead...

i'm on the fence. i think barcelona will reach the final. so a bayern - barca final would be fitting as 2 countries would be represented. but at the same time i'd like to see El classico.
    either way it makes for a good final.
    el classico will be the shit to watch!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pssst..

dont forget Jose.......never do that mistake....
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    what a well played goal from madrid
  • Options
    what a well played goal from madrid
    where was Bayern defence ??they dissapeared from the way real players played the ball
  • Options
    I thought I was watching the Real Madrid Diving Team

Don't like Morinho's hair cut

Robben is a douchebag

other than that, it was a good game, should lead to a good one next week too
  • Options
    great games ahead...

Hold the phone!!! An away goal for Madrid and a home shutout for Chelsea!!! A goal by either next game could make it very interesting!!!

Next week's games should be incredible. I think one of the 2 will upset your Finals pick. The obvious is Madrid, but could Chelsea actually pull this off somehow?

Another goal this week would have helped the Blues, but they did what they had to keeping a clean sheet (with a bit of luck at the end). Now they have to avoid just sitting back, as they will not shutout Barca, so they'll need a goal to get a full leg up and force them to get 3.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    love the both matches score..all are open for the next week matches!!!awesome :)
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Chelsea bitches! Drogba is the man. I have been on Chelsea for the past month. Never had a Euro or EPL side before, but my choice is Chelsea Blues.

I hope Barca goes down this round and the Germans go down in the Final.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Chelsea bitches! Drogba is the man. I have been on Chelsea for the past month. Never had a Euro or EPL side before, but my choice is Chelsea Blues.

Next week in Spain i don't see Barca loosing twice to the same Team ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

come on..we all want Madrid - Barca on the final.. :D
  • Options

and true that
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    We'll see. I don't know enough to talk trash, but that would be horrible to see those two spanish teams make the Final. EPL is the best.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    now that was a fantastic game.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    now that was a fantastic game.
    yep,it was
  • Options

They don't have to. All Chelsea needs to do is lose 2-1, and they are through. They would advance via the away goal that score would indicate. Barca would need to win 2-0, or face an OT/Shootout if it's 1-0 which I'm sure Chelsea would be more than happy to take or 3-1.

Clearly, Barca is easily capable of both. I'm just pointing out that based on the first result, Chelsea no longer needs to win. It's Barca that is up against it.
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    It is going to be an all Spanish Final. Barcelona will be in real trouble with Bayern seeing as the final is in their home ground and we saw what happened to Barca yesterday away against top competition. Bayern really needed 3-1 as I think Madrid will win at home comfortably. Barca I am actually a little more worried about since they didn't score any away goals. While they score for fun at home, Valdes is terrible (the worst keeper on an elite team in Europe) and Barca do concede goals. As long as Torres doesn't play Chelsea are in with a chance of a 4-3 or 3-2 and go through on away goals. I think Barca will carry the tie and win quite comfortably but the risk is there. Barcelona OWN Madrid and will beat them in the final as they do every other time.

But who likes UCL when you have the Iberian League Thursdays on Channel 5 ;)
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    So Didier Dogmuck gives "park the bus" Chelsea an advantage - just disgraceful.
    At least Bayern knew how to take on and beat superior opposition.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    milan wrote:
    So Didier Dogmuck gives "park the bus" Chelsea an advantage - just disgraceful.
    At least Bayern knew how to take on and beat superior opposition.

especially since Bayern had a pen not given when Coentrao hacked Mario Gomez from behind after Ramos had tackled the ball so poorly that it stayed in play 5 yards from the endline. Bayern's first goal was offsides however and they did play pack it in after scoring it until Ozil equalized and they were forced to once again go for the game to have a chance in the tie. Cheatski have to play that way to have a prayer of making it through. The United States and Inter Milan are to blame for the way they played yesterday as they were the ones who developed the beat Spain/Barcelona gameplan of packing it in and countering. The Swiss followed this plan in World Cup 2010 and Cheatski is using it now. There are 2 players you have to focus on and contain to defeat Barca and if you take them out of their game the whole team falls apart. Those 2 are Xavi and Messi. Cheatski gave Xavi no time on the ball whatsoever and with out the metronome and fulcrum working they became a team of lost individuals. Messi saw this and became way too selfish with the ball and made himself easy and predictable for Cheatski to corral and defend. The only 2 people on the planet who are capable of single handedly winning a game by themselves their team should lose are Messi and Ronaldo (Madrid Derby last week) Cheatski knew this and committed 3 defenders to Messi and for the most part followed the cardinal rule of defending him; Do Not Dive In/Attempt To Tackle Him Alone. Pulling that off for 90 in the Camp Nou is a different beast entirely and we will see a true test of Cheatski's resolve next week.
  • Options
    what an amazing, fantastic game!! I didn't think it could be any better than the game last week, but it was.

It was a terrific disaster of a win for Chelsea.

The ₤50 million goal!:

torres_barca_436.jpg
  • Options
    I think we can put to rest the Messi as best ever discussion. He's great, but best ever? Sorry. 2 games completely shut down (won't even mention the choke job on the PK).

Love watching him. Great player. But, he may not even be the best player at this moment. Maybe, some day he'll play in the BPL, so we can see what he's really made of.

Congrats to Chelsea!!! Though, they have a tough row ahead of them missing 4 starters in the final due to cards along the way.

Everyone's been so focused on Barca and Messi, now watch Christiano and Madrid do the double.....
  • Options
    heheheheheeh
    what a week for the village people of barcelona...
  • Options
    heheheheheeh

I am kind of glad we won't see yet another Barca vs Madrid dive and drama festival. Today's game should be epic drama - Ronaldo vs Robben for diva champ
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    heheheheheeh

I am kind of glad we won't see yet another Barca vs Madrid dive and drama festival. Today's game should be epic drama - Ronaldo vs Robben for diva champ
    haha.true..
    as i said alot of time in the thread...
    dont forget jose..he knows th eway..
    he knows..
  • Options
    don't tell me the score, I have DVR set to record, will watch later when I get home from work