I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

1707173757680

Comments

  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now!Posts: 4,813
    edited November 2014
    imalive said:

    glad to hear the surgery went well.

    has the hospital stay been as relaxing as you envisioned? haha

    a little sleep.....any sleep.....would go a long way toward the relaxation I envisioned.

    the mocha shake here is not half bad. =P~
    Good to see you on here posting while your laid up.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058
    fuck this place! I'm ready to go home :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 9,876
    imalive said:

    fuck this place! I'm ready to go home :))

    Always a sign of health!! Sorry you did not get the massages and scented candles.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058

    imalive said:

    fuck this place! I'm ready to go home :))

    Always a sign of health!! Sorry you did not get the massages and scented candles.
    hell........my tuna sandwich didn't even have a piece of lettuce!
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywherePosts: 9,649
    You ate tuna in a hospital???
    You are a brave, brave man!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.


    Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skinPosts: 13,527

    You ate tuna in a hospital???
    You are a brave, brave man!

    At least he was already in the hospital...
    D1B50013-8BB5-4861-B9BC-AA0D88D58DF4.jpg

    The first rule of the ten club fight club is you don't talk about the ten club fight club!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywherePosts: 9,649

    You ate tuna in a hospital???
    You are a brave, brave man!

    At least he was already in the hospital...
    =))
    Very true!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.


    Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NYPosts: 12,148
    Glad to hear everything went well with the surgery. Hopefully you will be released back into the wild soon and can get some actual rest.
    ELITIST FUK
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New JerseyPosts: 8,396
    Just caught up with this thread. Hope you are doing better and got that sleep you needed. Hospital oatmeal is one of my favorite things. (Seriously I'm so weird).
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC
    4/16/16 Green-Vs-ille 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skinPosts: 13,527

    Just caught up with this thread. Hope you are doing better and got that sleep you needed. Hospital oatmeal is one of my favorite things. (Seriously I'm so weird).

    It's not weird to like Oatmeal. :-)


    Hope you're mending well Rob.
    D1B50013-8BB5-4861-B9BC-AA0D88D58DF4.jpg

    The first rule of the ten club fight club is you don't talk about the ten club fight club!
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    How ya doing today Rob?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058

    How ya doing today Rob?

    repeat after me...."I will never be flippant about surgery, not ever again"

    I went in last thursday....my surgery was delayed by 3 hours but, no biggee, I kind of napped from 11 until 4. they wheeled me back at 4 and I don't remember anything until I woke at 9:00 pm (with a 6" incision in my gut). I talked to my doc and my wife for awhile, they split and I attempted to sleep. I probably never slept at all until I was released Saturday evening.

    but here's the thing.....I was pushing the pain med button just as often as it would let me...I could get a dose every 10 minutes and I'll bet I rarely went longer than 12 minutes for nearly two solid days. I THOUGHT I felt good until....

    I got home and switched to oxycontin. swear to god, that shit is no joke. Yesterday, death would have been a suitable option. I can't even begin to describe the pain....it was 3-4 in the hospital and probably an 8 yesterday.....in the course of the day, I hawked up bloody loogies, had hallucinations, had a nightmare where one of my best buddy's was an attack dog and puked something too disgusting to even describe.

    happy to report, I think the worst is done. I decreased the oxy, drank a few protein shakes and did some walking. If I ever, ever say again "a few days in the hospital might be nice".....SLAP ME!

    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    does it have to be "a few days in the hospital might be nice"? or can it be anything you say in general?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058
    norm said:

    does it have to be "a few days in the hospital might be nice"? or can it be anything you say in general?

    YOU can slap me I ever mention the Giants in your presence......I do feel a little bad for ya.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NYPosts: 12,148
    Glad to hear you are home, but...yikes! The transition sounds as if it was nasty. Hopefully things are on the upswing.
    ELITIST FUK
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skinPosts: 13,527
    Glad to hear you're home and continuing to recover. :-)
    D1B50013-8BB5-4861-B9BC-AA0D88D58DF4.jpg

    The first rule of the ten club fight club is you don't talk about the ten club fight club!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywherePosts: 9,649
    imalive said:

    How ya doing today Rob?

    repeat after me...."I will never be flippant about surgery, not ever again"

    I went in last thursday....my surgery was delayed by 3 hours but, no biggee, I kind of napped from 11 until 4. they wheeled me back at 4 and I don't remember anything until I woke at 9:00 pm (with a 6" incision in my gut). I talked to my doc and my wife for awhile, they split and I attempted to sleep. I probably never slept at all until I was released Saturday evening.

    but here's the thing.....I was pushing the pain med button just as often as it would let me...I could get a dose every 10 minutes and I'll bet I rarely went longer than 12 minutes for nearly two solid days. I THOUGHT I felt good until....

    I got home and switched to oxycontin. swear to god, that shit is no joke. Yesterday, death would have been a suitable option. I can't even begin to describe the pain....it was 3-4 in the hospital and probably an 8 yesterday.....in the course of the day, I hawked up bloody loogies, had hallucinations, had a nightmare where one of my best buddy's was an attack dog and puked something too disgusting to even describe.

    happy to report, I think the worst is done. I decreased the oxy, drank a few protein shakes and did some walking. If I ever, ever say again "a few days in the hospital might be nice".....SLAP ME!

    I think that may have been the hospital tuna....

    But seriously glad you are feeling a little better today, hopefully things continue to improve quickly.

    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.


    Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,461
    Sending good thoughts and wish you all the best for your recovery!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058



    I think that may have been the hospital tuna....

    But seriously glad you are feeling a little better today, hopefully things continue to improve quickly.

    the morning of the day I left, I had another tuna sandwich....with double tuna....I was burping that sucker all day Sunday. I may have had my last ever tuna sandwich....similar to some of our first alcohol (e.g. tequila, Boone's Farm, etc.) experiences.

    last night, I had to drink mineral oil :-&
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WAPosts: 31,010
    imalive said:



    a little sleep.....any sleep.....would go a long way toward the relaxation I envisioned.

    the mocha shake here is not half bad. =P~


    I think he's on drugs...

    imalive said:


    but here's the thing.....I was pushing the pain med button just as often as it would let me...I could get a dose every 10 minutes and I'll bet I rarely went longer than 12 minutes for nearly two solid days.

    yup, he was drugged out...
    imalive said:



    the morning of the day I left, I had another tuna sandwich....with double tuna....I was burping that sucker all day Sunday. I may have had my last ever tuna sandwich....similar to some of our first alcohol (e.g. tequila, Boone's Farm, etc.) experiences.

    last night, I had to drink mineral oil :-&

    don't they have BLTs? image

    glad you're home now...has the puppy stopped bouncing all over you yet?

    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

    - Christopher McCandless
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fieldsPosts: 7,216
    How you feeling today, Rob? Busted out of those stitches yet?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058
    wow! I just finished watching the 6 hour ken burns PBS thing on cancer....cancer: the emperor of all maladies....very emotional.

    I never gave a whole lot of thought to cancer research...I always thought it was just a never ending cycle...it could well be...but this show made me think it's NOT never ending...I think they're getting somewhere!

    THANK YOU to the scientists, doctors and nurses who are devoting their lives to understanding this awful disease...I'm still down on the money grubbing drug companies but, wow, these researchers are amazing....I gotta think 99.9% of them are in this for the right reasons (as opposed to say, breast augmenters and liposuckers). I feel like if any of your kids get cancer, things will be much better for them and it won't be the horrible diagnosis that it is now.

    one more thing that struck me?...how do we live in a world of wonderful people in one extreme and fucking assholes like ISIS on the other?? may all those mother fuckers GET cancer and have not not a single member among them with the brains or compassion to do anything about it.

    I hope some of you got a chance to see this show. if not, you can find it at http://www.pbs.org/
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 19,851

    You ate tuna in a hospital???
    You are a brave, brave man!

    They ran out of expired yogurt.
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058

    You ate tuna in a hospital???
    You are a brave, brave man!

    They ran out of expired yogurt.
    hahahahahahahaha......___hole.

    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 19,851
    I think it's awesome that this thread is almost 4 years old and 73 pages long and that you're still around, being the croc wearing elitist, expired yogurt eating, house cleaning, degenerate that you are. Save the Pooper indeed.
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • EnkiduEnkidu So CalPosts: 2,959

    I think it's awesome that this thread is almost 4 years old and 73 pages long and that you're still around, being the croc wearing elitist, expired yogurt eating, house cleaning, degenerate that you are. Save the Pooper indeed.

    Amen.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,058

    I think it's awesome that this thread is almost 4 years old and 73 pages long and that you're still around, being the croc wearing elitist, expired yogurt eating, house cleaning, degenerate that you are. Save the Pooper indeed.

    thanks, buddy. yeah it's all good.

    I was fucking bawling at many points of that show...it really is an insidious disease...I "got off easy"...let's pray for the day it's gone, like polio.

    polio is gone, isn't it? :confounded:

    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WAPosts: 31,010
    I will look for the Ken burns thing...you sure it wasn't a 2 hour show with 4 hours of 'pledging breaks'?

    Very curious to know why some people can beat certain cancers, and others cannot beat it. Like every person that I know who was diagnosed with stomach cancer lost their battle. Some people like my aunt (who got breast cancer, beat it, was clear for 3 years, but then it came back), decided to stop fighting, and let it take over them.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

    - Christopher McCandless
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now!Posts: 4,813
    edited April 2015
    imalive said:

    wow! I just finished watching the 6 hour ken burns PBS thing on cancer....cancer: the emperor of all maladies....very emotional.

    I never gave a whole lot of thought to cancer research...I always thought it was just a never ending cycle...it could well be...but this show made me think it's NOT never ending...I think they're getting somewhere!

    THANK YOU to the scientists, doctors and nurses who are devoting their lives to understanding this awful disease...I'm still down on the money grubbing drug companies but, wow, these researchers are amazing....I gotta think 99.9% of them are in this for the right reasons (as opposed to say, breast augmenters and liposuckers). I feel like if any of your kids get cancer, things will be much better for them and it won't be the horrible diagnosis that it is now.

    one more thing that struck me?...how do we live in a world of wonderful people in one extreme and fucking assholes like ISIS on the other?? may all those mother fuckers GET cancer and have not not a single member among them with the brains or compassion to do anything about it.

    I hope some of you got a chance to see this show. if not, you can find it at http://www.pbs.org/

    I will check it out. If you haven't seen the show Vice on HBO they just did a great episode on cancer you would probably like.
    http://www.vice.com/read/watch-vice-on-hbos-special-report-on-killing-cancer-217
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • LizardLizard So CalPosts: 11,911
    Oh I missed the documentary but I am sure it will be on again. Thanks for the reminder AND the link Rob. I saw Ken and the dr that wrote the book it is based on being interviewed by Katie Couric.

    and DAYUM.. you had surgery in November??? Glad it went well.. i should have checked in here sooner.. geez.. took this old lady a while to accept the changes in here..

    :)
    Is it over yet? #ITMFA
Sign In or Register to comment.