Options

I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    I'll be honest....it hasn't been a great last few days....the gabapentin didn't work and the cymbalta and the super cream don't seem to be working either. on top of that, I can't sleep and have about zero energy....plus, I was maybe feeling a little sorry for myself :cry:

guess what? PJ announces a show....after a tad of procrastination, I pop for tickets....and my mood is 100% better! :mrgreen:

maybe by sept. 30, I'll have some feeling in my fucking hands ;)

the thing about cymbalta is it takes a couple months to build up in your system before it starts to work effectively...obviously, this doesn't help you now but give it time

by the time we're in montana you'll be feeling great! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,552
    RKCNDY wrote:

saw this cream you were talking about...sounds like some serious pain relieving cream (I'm only guessing at the keta, ketamine and keto,ketoprofen) gabapentin is a good pain drug, as are the others.
    norm wrote:

the thing about cymbalta is it takes a couple months to build up in your system before it starts to work effectively...obviously, this doesn't help you now but give it time

^^^^ glad to hear both these positive opinions :mrgreen:

going for another acupuncture in a few minutes...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

saw this cream you were talking about...sounds like some serious pain relieving cream (I'm only guessing at the keta, ketamine and keto,ketoprofen) gabapentin is a good pain drug, as are the others.
    norm wrote:

^^^^ glad to hear both these positive opinions :mrgreen:

going for another acupuncture in a few minutes...
    "Movin' to Montana soon
    Gonna be a dental floss tycoon . . ."
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    "Movin' to Montana soon
    Gonna be a dental floss tycoon . . ."

Fraaaaank 8-)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Hey Rob,
    Been away from the boards as one of Sammy's friends has relapsed. So hard for the family and he's only 8! Your pain management sounds so hard to manage but I know some of the drugs take time so hopefully things will improve. Good luck with the acupuncture. My insurance turned me down so I won't get to find out how great it is (I have minor cervical spine pain - nothing like you are going through) but let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Katy xxx
  • Options
    Katyz wrote:
    Hey Rob,
    Been away from the boards as one of Sammy's friends has relapsed. So hard for the family and he's only 8! Your pain management sounds so hard to manage but I know some of the drugs take time so hopefully things will improve. Good luck with the acupuncture. My insurance turned me down so I won't get to find out how great it is (I have minor cervical spine pain - nothing like you are going through) but let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Katy xxx

so sad about Sammy's friend :cry: . my best to you guys, him and his family.

and if you go back to my first mention of acupuncture, you'll see I'm doing it on the hippie, communal, low budget plan :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

guess what? PJ announces a show....after a tad of procrastination, I pop for tickets....and my mood is 100% better! :mrgreen:

you know it... ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I was walking the dog today and it occurred to me....she had cancer, I had cancer, my mom died of cancer and my sister was just diagnosed in the last two weeks. seriously.......fuck cancer!!!

my sister's cancer is somewhat similar to mine but hopefully hers will be eradicated with 6 weeks of chemo and radiation and nothing else. I believe she will be just fine :mrgreen:

as for me, things are good. my hand and feet are still a problem but I'm hoping it's only a matter of time before the cymbalta, the acupuncture (I had #9 yesterday) and the super cream all start having an effect. even though my hands hurt, I'm starting to do stuff again....this weekend I helped my brother-in-law install a sprinkler system. goddam, that trencher was an implement of torture....especially in bone dry, rocky and rooty "soil." it beat the living crap out of us and vice-versa. to add to the enjoyment, it was 100 degrees both days. I've got three blisters on each hand but it was good to get physical again. it wasn't too hard to get drunk afterwards on both days :mrgreen: . we hit it again this coming weekend.

I'm still on the mend but I'm getting closer to my old self.....my old, old self :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    imalive wrote:
    I was walking the dog today and it occurred to me....she had cancer, I had cancer, my mom died of cancer and my sister was just diagnosed in the last two weeks. seriously.......fuck cancer!!!

my sister's cancer is somewhat similar to mine but hopefully hers will be eradicated with 6 weeks of chemo and radiation and nothing else. I believe she will be just fine :mrgreen:

as for me, things are good. my hand and feet are still a problem but I'm hoping it's only a matter of time before the cymbalta, the acupuncture (I had #9 yesterday) and the super cream all start having an effect. even though my hands hurt, I'm starting to do stuff again....this weekend I helped my brother-in-law install a sprinkler system. goddam, that trencher was an implement of torture....especially in bone dry, rocky and rooty "soil." it beat the living crap out of us and vice-versa. to add to the enjoyment, it was 100 degrees both days. I've got three blisters on each hand but it was good to get physical again. it wasn't too hard to get drunk afterwards on both days :mrgreen: . we hit it again this coming weekend.

I'm still on the mend but I'm getting closer to my old self.....my old, old self :lol:

You know I suck at being nice to people, but seriously bro, good luck with all this shit.
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    imalive wrote:

You know I suck at being nice to people, but seriously bro, good luck with all this shit.

did you used to be someone else? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

and the best part from yesterday...? ;) :x
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

Just checked my underwear and the name written there indicates that I have always been me... for want of a better answer. :(
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

3-3-large.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

3-3-large.jpg

:corn:

Wait, haven't got all these new smilies worked out.

When in Rome.
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:

When in Rome.

you'll get used to it, julius
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Well Rob.....at least the DODGERS made you feel better I am sure.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

When in Rome.

WhatYouTalkinBoutWillis.jpg

i'm confused..... :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Well Rob.....at least the DO**ERS made you feel better I am sure.

fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,004
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

When in Rome.

WhatYouTalkinBoutWillis.jpg

i'm confused..... :?
    snakeduck is also known as a acid mining , fearful mountaingoat observer.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    snakeduck is also known as a acid mining , fearful mountaingoat observer.

ahhh..... :idea:

an anagram would be naked suck :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

fixed.
    raspberry.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Good to see you felling better, and great to see the Giants doing what they did last night.

Be careful with how much manual labor you get yourself into. Next thing we know you will be renting mini-excavators and digging up peoples yards in the name of rehabilitation!

Julious has an affinity for mountain goats and russets... let him play in the brambles. ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Ello!
    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better :mrgreen:

Well, I saw Pearl Jam last week! :D ...and I see them again next week :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Lizard wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

fixed.
    raspberry.gif

:lol:

:nono: for tonight.... you better not watch and or listen to the game. Wouldn't want to ruin the good mood your in :P

sending some good (((vibes))) your way!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    imalive wrote:

Rob, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. I gotta say again, this cancer stuff is so fuckin unfair!
    Does she live near you? I'm glad that at least she has you for a brother. :mrgreen:

Well, even if you're still feeling crappy at least you're able to get out and do some good old manly labor. Always good for the spirit. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Rob, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. I gotta say again, this cancer stuff is so fuckin unfair!
    Does she live near you? I'm glad that at least she has you for a brother. :mrgreen:

Well, even if you're still feeling crappy at least you're able to get out and do some good old manly labor. Always good for the spirit. :thumbup:

she's in st. paul, MN. her treatment is going to be somewhat similar.....so, at least, I can kinda tell her what to expect.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    did your family vacation around davis besse alot?

hope things work out well for her as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

hmmmmm.....lawsuit? :?

more likely, bad genes :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

hmmmmm.....lawsuit? :?

more likely, bad genes :cry:

Father died when I was 5 (he was 27), older brother damn near died when he was in his early 20's, figured I'd never make it to 30. Didn't really know what to do once I did...
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

she's in st. paul, MN. her treatment is going to be somewhat similar.....so, at least, I can kinda tell her what to expect.
    I guess that's something positive from your experience. Besides the fact that you're still here!
    Like I said, I'm glad she's got you for a brother.