Options

I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,998
    Pooper bracelet arrived today! Nice color: rootbeer ripple! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    Glad everyone is getting thier bracelets! :D

Leanne-- yours went in the mail yesterday, so maybe next week?

I am going to be sending an email out regarding photos....would like to get a group together at PJ20 for a group photo for Rob; so all you people who got the bracelets who will be at PJ20-- BE SURE TO WEAR IT. Remember you'll earn a free drink from appie as well :D

I am going to bring any bracelets that I have left over at that time with me...IF I have any left!

if you want in, PM me for the details :D

thanks!!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Nice... :D Havent mine yet but it will arrive soon cause they have arrived in the Uk so there only water to cross over for mine..Yeah expect it today or tommorow...and what Kelly said:

show me the stp and a drink is on me.. :D:D

Looking forward to see you all at pj20,have a drink and have a good time there and rock our ass of.. 8-)8-)
    Have a great idea for my local photo for Rob,you hear about it and see whats on my mind when i got it in order.

Be well all and see ya in a couple of weeks

Greetzz and hugs to the awesome 10c and the good things that happen here are warming my heart...Bigtime.

Appie
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673
    Lizard wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I wish it were that heroic...actually, we were quite drunk and throwing paper airplanes from the upper deck. but I did tell the straw hatted nazis, "you can't throw us out, because we're leaving" :lol: padres won 1-0 that day and scored the winning run in the 9th, just before we were asked to leave :mrgreen:

Weak.

:P

you're right. it was VERY weak for them to throw us out over such a petty infraction :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    How ya doin, Rob? :wave:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    doing OK...saw my chemo doc today...he wants me to have surgery in "one, two or three weeks"...I see my surgeon tomorrow. We'll see what he says.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    doing OK...saw my chemo doc today...he wants me to have surgery in "one, two or three weeks"...I see my surgeon tomorrow. We'll see what he says.
    I'll cross my fingers and toes for good news. And wear my STP bracelet. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    imalive wrote:
    I'll cross my fingers and toes for good news. And wear my STP bracelet. :mrgreen:

Mine are crossed too! I hope they either fast track it for you! STP!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Okay....here's the deal (warning: graphic content):

saw my surgeon today. My tumor has shrunk from plum sized to about tip of pinky finger size. good news? yes and no.

this thing is only about 2 cm from the ring of muscle that controls my bowels. the surgeon needs margins when he operates. if he has to cut into the bowel control muscle....i'm wearing a poop bag for the rest of my life. the technical term, I believe, is a colostomy bag. he said he'd sew me up and I'd have a barbie doll butt...no hole :lol: the margin thing is going to be very close.

he said his first concern is making me a cancer survivor. that's mine, too. he will then see if he can give me a new sphincter :shock: . in a way, he seems to be wanting me to say "just give me a bag" because the new butthole isn't going to work quite as well as the old. this surgery (somehow) is going to entail 5 incisions and if he can't do it laparoscopicly, he'll "crack me open." I said, "do whatever you need to do"

remember on the old forum, you could post polls? maybe I need one here : pick one, bag or new sphincter ? :lol: hey, one way or another, I'm going to be cancer free. if I wake up with a bag on my right (temporary), I'll know I have a new butthole. bag on left = we tried, enjoy your bag. my surgery is august 30 and I will make PJ in vancouver on 9/26.

it is what it is. life's not always fair. I still have a good attitude! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited August 2011
    imalive wrote:

saw my surgeon today. My tumor has shrunk from plum sized to about tip of pinky finger size. good news? yes and no.

this thing is only about 2 cm from the ring of muscle that controls my bowels. the surgeon needs margins when he operates. if he has to cut into the bowel control muscle....i'm wearing a poop bag for the rest of my life. the technical term, I believe, is a colostomy bag. he said he'd sew me up and I'd have a barbie doll butt...no hole :lol: the margin thing is going to be very close.

he said his first concern is making me a cancer survivor. that's mine, too. he will then see if he can give me a new sphincter :shock: . in a way, he seems to be wanting me to say "just give me a bag" because the new butthole isn't going to work quite as well as the old. this surgery (somehow) is going to entail 5 incisions and if he can't do it laparoscopicly, he'll "crack me open." I said, "do whatever you need to do"

remember on the old forum, you could post polls? maybe I need one here : pick one, bag or new sphincter ? :lol: hey, one way or another, I'm going to be cancer free. if I wake up with a bag on my right (temporary), I'll know I have a new butthole. bag on left = we tried, enjoy your bag. my surgery is august 30 and I will make PJ in vancouver on 9/26.

it is what it is. life's not always fair. I still have a good attitude! :mrgreen:

Go get 'em Rob! I'll be sure to come visit you once you give me the word that you're ready for visitors. If you like sweets remember, my girlfriend is a master baker and I'll put in a good word for ya. :D Even if you're not up for eating them then, save them for later... you can give your new butthole or bag (hopefully the former) a great first workout. :lol:

Been thinkin' about you a lot lately... you're still in my best wishes and will be until you recover and onward. I'll be rocking extra hard at PJ20 for you. I haven't gone through what you have with this, but I am confident attitude is everything, and you have got an outstanding one.

Someone asked me about the pooper bracelet the other day and I proudly told them the story, along with the Giants and the significance of it with you being a fan and all. Scratch that, not a fan... and life-long loyal Giant.

I'll see you soon my friend!

EDIT: Just read this and I realized I said "master baker", and laughed. :roll:
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

Rob---

Thanks for keeping us all updated! The shrinkage news is completely awesome-- congrats!! sounds like the chemo, radiation and all the love flowing over to SLC from all over the world did its job :D

Whether you end up with a "Barbie doll butt" or a brand new butthole--its all good news because neither starts with the evil "C"!

At the end of the day---Like you said---one way or the other, you will be CANCER FREE (may I add an f bomb in the midde there? thanks)

We will continue to ROOT FOR ROB!

Thank you for being so open and keeping such a great attitude...im sure you have your moments, but its truly inspiring to hear about your journey.
    I hope to be just like you when I grow up :D:lol:

xoxoxoxoxo!
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    The shrinkage news is completely awesome

you said shrinkage :shock: :lol:

thanks, kelly!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

thanks, kelly!

ha ha ha....! I noticed that too... I actually added in the word "news" to make it less questionable

:D
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

Rob---

Thanks for keeping us all updated! The shrinkage news is completely awesome-- congrats!! sounds like the chemo, radiation and all the love flowing over to SLC from all over the world did its job :D

Whether you end up with a "Barbie doll butt" or a brand new butthole--its all good news because neither starts with the evil "C"!

At the end of the day---Like you said---one way or the other, you will be CANCER FREE (may I add an f bomb in the midde there? thanks)

We will continue to ROOT FOR ROB!

Thank you for being so open and keeping such a great attitude...im sure you have your moments, but its truly inspiring to hear about your journey.
    I hope to be just like you when I grow up :D:lol:

xoxoxoxoxo!

I can't say it better than Kelly!!

I will be back in the UK as am only going as far as Hamilton but damn enjoy vancouver knowing you've your life ahead of you!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

IMG_5276.JPG
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

thanks, kelly!

ha ha ha....! I noticed that too... I actually added in the word "news" to make it less questionable

:D

dottles and assorted other non-americans:

shrinkage is a seinfeld reference :lol: . one of the classic episodes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    (may I add an f bomb in the middle there? thanks)

i find it funny when people tend to censor themselves here...you all know who the lead singer of this band is right? 'fuck' is like 'the' to ed so i think it's ok if you let one fly here

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

i find it funny when people tend to censor themselves here...you all know who the lead singer of this band is right? 'fuck' is like 'the' to ed so i think it's ok if you let one fly here

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

I think you meant to say "fuck" is like "uh" to Ed... :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

well that's half his concert vocab right there! :lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

well that's half his concert vocab right there! :lol:

His diction is pretty easy to follow. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Wow, Rob, I'm glad to hear about the shrinkage! :P 8-)
    I'm glad at least that you're getting the surgery over with (I almost said "behind you" :oops: ) sooner rather than later.
    Keep rockin that attitude and know how much we're all pulling for you! :thumbup:
  • Options
    "uh"...rubs face...."uh"....rubs face...."I was thinking..." :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    norm wrote:

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

ahhhh don't worry there, sir. If you look at some of my other posts (some even in this thread), you will see I am quite the fan of the word FUCK in all forms (fucking, fucked, fucker, etc). I'm not quite sure why I didn't just say CANCER FUCKING FREE, but I didn't (this time).

Thanks for FUCKING noticing, norm :D:D:lol:
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    imalive wrote:
    "uh"...rubs face...."uh"....rubs face...."I was thinking..." :lol:

well i guess i have to call you a small asshole giant fan instead of huge :(

:P :lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

ahhhh don't worry there, sir. If you look at some of my other posts (some even in this thread), you will see I am quite the fan of the word FUCK in all forms (fucking, fucked, fucker, etc). I'm not quite sure why I didn't just say CANCER FUCKING FREE, but I didn't (this time).

my fucking pleasure! :P :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

CANCER FUCKING FREE!!!

Norm is a FUCKING Laker fan, so naturally, he likes to rub things in your face. :P ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    what the hell is this?? :wtf:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=165869

there's a band named save the pooper? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

thanks, kelly!

dottles and assorted other non-americans:

shrinkage is a seinfeld reference :lol: . one of the classic episodes.

Thank you...I didn't get it, thought best avoided for fear of looking daft! :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Thank you...I didn't get it, thought best avoided for fear of looking daft! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEnKLhi83J8

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,007
    Once a fucking again, pardon my french, this is the best news all week.! With all the shit, and I do mean shit, that's been happening all week, this is great news! But, ahem, are you sure they didn't say "pucker"? Cuz, it's close to "fucker" and it has the same connotation, depending on where you're referring to and well, it should just be said:

fucker, fuckin A, fuckin absolutely, godman fuckin A unbelievable, fookin shiites, fucking kicking ass motherfucker unbelievable bullshit YEs, yes, yes, KICKIN SOME ASS!

Rob, seriously, great news and please let us know if you need anything. Really. Please?

Peace and positive Chi to you and Codie!

SAVE THE FUCKING POOPER!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©