The Wonder Years Finale...

124»

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    The best series ever ... I cried often as I watched various episodes and the finale tore my heart apart.Great memories of enjoying this show very very much.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Winnie is still hot today

Saw her some movie and was like wow Winnie still has it going on.
    My butt itches!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Newch91 wrote:
    I did know that Winnie and Becky were real life sisters.

This is probly my #1 all-time favorite TV show. Great characters, soundtracks, drama, comedy. They just dont make them like this anymore.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I bawled when he said his dad died. :oops:

I wish there were still re-runs of this show; haven't seen any in years.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Netflix has all the seasons(soundtracks intact)... if you feel like splurging.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I know... I often regret not having Netflix!!! But I downgraded to only my smartphone and a data plan at home to save $$ a long time ago ... haven't regretted it until recently, only because of Netflix! But also have other things I want more before getting the hardware and hook ups I'd need to set it up. One of these days.... and then I'll.watch the wonder years from the beginning. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I know... I often regret not having Netflix!!! But I downgraded to only my smartphone and a data plan at home to save $$ a long time ago ... haven't regretted it until recently, only because of Netflix! But also have other things I want more before getting the hardware and hook ups I'd need to set it up. One of these days.... and then I'll.watch the wonder years from the beginning. :)

Unless Netflix Canada has added it, it's not available in Canada (of course you can use a VPN to get it). That's why I dropped Netflix ... The titles available in Canada are limited compared to the states.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Unless Netflix Canada has added it, it's not available in Canada (of course you can use a VPN to get it). That's why I dropped Netflix ... The titles available in Canada are limited compared to the states.
    They'll get it eventually I'm sure. I do know it's limited compared to the US, whicb is lame, but it still has a lot of good shit!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481
    is this still on that hub channel?
    www.myspace.com
    Don't think so. I kind of want to start watching it again.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Soundtracks intact? I suspended my account a while back to save money, but this looks like as good a reason as any to get it back! Love this show!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

They'll get it eventually I'm sure. I do know it's limited compared to the US, whicb is lame, but it still has a lot of good shit!

Don't think so ... read that CTV owns the Canadian rights and is unwilling to allow Netflix here to broadcast it ... and apparently thats somewhat the problem with the Canadian Netflix, getting the rights from the greedy media conglomerates here in Canada.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Better Dan wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Soundtracks intact? I suspended my account a while back to save money, but this looks like as good a reason as any to get it back! Love this show!
    For the most part. The opening song by Joe Cocker is not the same, and a couple of songs throughout the seasons are not the originals, but for the most part its all the same.

From Wiki:
    On both digital streaming services, portions of the soundtrack have been replaced. The show's opening theme, Joe Cocker's rendition of The Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends," has been replaced on Netflix[32] and Amazon with the version of the song that played in UK and other overseas airings. The majority of the show's soundtrack remains unchanged. Songs such as "Light My Fire" by The Doors and "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix have been replaced by generic sound-alikes with different lyrics.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Newch91 wrote:
    Don't think so. I kind of want to start watching it again.

No they took it off for fucking Sliders which sucked when it was and sucked again while on Netflix. I have no use for HUB anymore since Transformers and Wonder Years are on Netflix and I own the entire G.I Joe Series including the cartoon movie.
    My butt itches!
    It's happening! The Wonder Years are finally coming out on DVD this year with all the music from the original broadcasts!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wonder-Years-The-Complete-Series/19455
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    my fav rumor was that Marilyn Manson was Paul Phieffer :))

great show.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • just signed up for the updates and no I didn't use Wayne@butthead.com as an email address.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Yeah, i bawled for this, lol.

I wish this show were on Netflix Canada.
    edited November 2014
    I have read in the past that ctv holds the Canadian rights, so it will not be coming to Netflix Canada ... Look for it on Shomi in Canada at some point ... Or just get Netflix and use an unblocking service.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

my fav rumor was that Marilyn Manson was Paul Phieffer :))

great show.

Hahahaha remember that shit! That was fucken hilarious!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I LOVED that show, every season. How Kevin grew up. How his mom did.

And his dad. Jeesh...bawled at the end.

And speaking of Paul, somewhere on some other thread I posted how his grown-up self was a ringer for Stone.

Search it out, I dare ya.
    lukin2006 said:

I have read in the past that ctv holds the Canadian rights, so it will not be coming to Netflix Canada ... Look for it on Shomi in Canada at some point ... Or just get Netflix and use an unblocking service.

I've got netflix, but the unblocking thing worries me a bit... isn't it illegal or something? Or am I just an idiot?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481
    Newch91 said:
    anyone know what buzzfeed hasn't ranked?
    www.myspace.com
  • Best TV show ever!
    You can order the official DVD Box (with nearly all the original music in it) here:
    http://wonderyearsdvds.com/

A beautiful edition with great extras, I love it!

Newch91 said:
    anyone know what buzzfeed hasn't ranked?
    Pearl Jam songs?
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I've got netflix, but the unblocking thing worries me a bit... isn't it illegal or something? Or am I just an idiot?
    Nothing wrong with it that I know of, they are legit business's, no different than having a VPN ... Unblock US is good.