The Wonder Years Finale...

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
yup, still tugs at the ol' heartstrings :mrgreen:
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    wtf did that come from? and yes i cried when i saw it 15 years ago.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481
    RW81233 wrote:
    wtf did that come from? and yes i cried when i saw it 15 years ago.

:lol:
    there's some channel called "hub." never heard of it until last week. they show wonder years, doogie howser and family ties and shit every night. i dvr'd the finale last week and watched it between innings during the phils game tonight.......believe me when i say it's still every bit as emotional as it was back in the early 90's.

"i don't want it to end." :cry::cry::lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:

hearing that the dad passes away always gets me.
    www.myspace.com
  • I loved Wonder Years. I remember sitting in the den watching that finale when it first aired and crying. It was so sad the his dad passed away. I still watch it whenever I can on the Hub network, it's a show that has held up really well and I still enjoy it.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    I missed it
    I loved Wonder Years. I remember sitting in the den watching that finale when it first aired and crying. It was so sad the his dad passed away. I still watch it whenever I can on the Hub network, it's a show that has held up really well and I still enjoy it.

hub...where do these channels come from? :lol:

i remember back in high school when everyone admitted they shed some tears watching it

kevin arnold turned into such a tool during his teenage years though. i prefer early wonder years than the latter ones. they're all great though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Ever since I randomly looked up The Wonder Years on Wikipedia, I've been DVRing it on The Hub. I have to catch up on that and Happy Days. I haven't seen the finale, the show, in general, in so long.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • I loved Wonder Years. I remember sitting in the den watching that finale when it first aired and crying. It was so sad the his dad passed away. I still watch it whenever I can on the Hub network, it's a show that has held up really well and I still enjoy it.

i remember back in high school when everyone admitted they shed some tears watching it

kevin arnold turned into such a tool during his teenage years though. i prefer early wonder years than the latter ones. they're all great though.

Yeah, but I think a lot of us were jerks at times during our teenage years, maybe that was the point. The last one I watched most recently was where they heard the Stones were playing at a dive and drove all over town looking for it. I agree that they are all awesome. When I think about the early ones, I think about Becky Slater,lol. I used to be glued to my t.v. whenever this show was on back in the day, I didn't miss an episode.
    fade away...

I've always loved Wayne's friend Wart before he went to Vietnam.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Best show of my early childhood.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i do not recall the ending, nor do i wish to revisit the series.

however, you insight is appreiciated...or something like that with some of those letters.

have a nice day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I loved Wonder Years. I remember sitting in the den watching that finale when it first aired and crying. It was so sad the his dad passed away. I still watch it whenever I can on the Hub network, it's a show that has held up really well and I still enjoy it.

Yeah, but I think a lot of us were jerks at times during our teenage years, maybe that was the point. The last one I watched most recently was where they heard the Stones were playing at a dive and drove all over town looking for it. I agree that they are all awesome. When I think about the early ones, I think about Becky Slater,lol. I used to be glued to my t.v. whenever this show was on back in the day, I didn't miss an episode.

oh becky slater...

and that chick in his french class...."vous les vous de beuer?" :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    haha we caught HUB recently for doogie and family ties...those shows sucked.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    The dad died!!!!! Thanks for ruining it. ;)
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    The dad died!!!!! Thanks for ruining it. ;)

Sorry, that show is almost twenty years old, I just assumed everyone knew my now. My apologies.
    fade away...

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,220
    loved that show. I just watched most of the run on that channel and every episode I spent trying to determine where it was supposed to take place.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    loved that show. I just watched most of the run on that channel and every episode I spent trying to determine where it was supposed to take place.

I do this all the time. I always guessed somewhere in NY because of Kevin's Jets jacket.

i always assumed it was suburban new york....though i don't think they ever mentioned it, and nobody has an accent.

one of the summer episodes was ocean city, nj though.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah the jets jacket...unless kevin arnold was a fraud? :o:lol:
    www.myspace.com

i always assumed it was suburban new york....though i don't think they ever mentioned it, and nobody has an accent.

During Christmas and New Years Eve episodes, was there snow?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    interesting

wiki wrote:
    The suburb's name and location are never specified but the latter is often hinted to be in the New York City area, as evidenced by Kevin's New York Jets jacket as well as frequent references to the New York Mets. In the episode 'Back To The Lake', Paul's directions for returning home include taking Interstate 91, which runs through Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont; the trip takes only a few hours. In the episode 'Summer', two of Kevin's friends reveal their plans for a cross-country drive that will take them to "New York, New Orleans, and then San Francisco," suggesting the suburb is located north and/or east of New York City in the states of New York or Connecticut. In another episode, Kevin's family and Paul drive to Ocean City, Maryland for a vacation.

However, other elements indicate a west coast setting. None of the shows ever depicted snow or wintry weather. In one episode, Kevin displays his driver's license issued by the "State of California". In addition, Kevin's sister attends the University of California-Berkeley; the timing of events in one episode suggest that Berkeley is within easy driving distance of the Arnold family home. In the 1993 episode "Ladies and gentlemen... The Rolling Stones", Kevin and his friends drive about an hour to a small town named Hinkley which is suburban Los Angeles (there are no other Hinkleys in the U.S.). None of the characters in the show speak with a discernible New York, New Jersey or New England accent.

In episode 0611, "New Years", Kevin has a chance to go to a New Year's Eve party at a Colorado ski lodge, which he says is just two hours away.
    The Fixer wrote:

I do this all the time. I always guessed somewhere in NY because of Kevin's Jets jacket.

that's true, but there were a few christmas episodes where the way he was dressed led you to believe it was california plus I don't recall ever seeing an episode with snow in it.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Newch91 wrote:

no. i'm looking the show up and that's one of the hints that it took place out west. but there's lots of other hints that it took place on the east coast.

i think they just did a real good job of making it seem like any suburban town in america.

actually i can't even think of any christmas episodes. :? there was never snow though.
    www.myspace.com
    Paul defnitely looks like a mets fan.
    norm wrote:
    interesting

wiki wrote:
    The suburb's name and location are never specified but the latter is often hinted to be in the New York City area, as evidenced by Kevin's New York Jets jacket as well as frequent references to the New York Mets. In the episode 'Back To The Lake', Paul's directions for returning home include taking Interstate 91, which runs through Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont; the trip takes only a few hours. In the episode 'Summer', two of Kevin's friends reveal their plans for a cross-country drive that will take them to "New York, New Orleans, and then San Francisco," suggesting the suburb is located north and/or east of New York City in the states of New York or Connecticut. In another episode, Kevin's family and Paul drive to Ocean City, Maryland for a vacation.

However, other elements indicate a west coast setting. None of the shows ever depicted snow or wintry weather. In one episode, Kevin displays his driver's license issued by the "State of California". In addition, Kevin's sister attends the University of California-Berkeley; the timing of events in one episode suggest that Berkeley is within easy driving distance of the Arnold family home. In the 1993 episode "Ladies and gentlemen... The Rolling Stones", Kevin and his friends drive about an hour to a small town named Hinkley which is suburban Los Angeles (there are no other Hinkleys in the U.S.). None of the characters in the show speak with a discernible New York, New Jersey or New England accent.

In episode 0611, "New Years", Kevin has a chance to go to a New Year's Eve party at a Colorado ski lodge, which he says is just two hours away.
    I think that's the allure of the show. It gets people talking about things like this even so many years later.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Black4Black4 Posts: 59
    Great Show!!! I'll have to look for that channel and dvr some episodes. I remember watching that show yrs ago with my old man. Great coming of age series
    Newch91 wrote:

no. i'm looking the show up and that's one of the hints that it took place out west. but there's lots of other hints that it took place on the east coast.

i think they just did a real good job of making it seem like any suburban town in america.

actually i can't even think of any christmas episodes. :? there was never snow though.
    Nope, not even the New Years Eve episode when Wayne was supposed to treat everyone to dinner and then Bonnie broke up with him.
    The Fixer wrote:

that's true, but there were a few christmas episodes where the way he was dressed led you to believe it was california plus I don't recall ever seeing an episode with snow in it.

That is weird though...I try to figure out movie/show locations all the time. Thought I was the only one that did that. I think it's from playing Where in the World is Carmen San Diego on my Apple IIC when I was younger. Loved that game and Micro League Baseball
    Black4 wrote:
    Great Show!!! I'll have to look for that channel and dvr some episodes. I remember watching that show yrs ago with my old man. Great coming of age series

my dad would always tell me and my brothers to watch it to learn how to deal with girls and stuff.

good job dad. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Black4 wrote:

my dad would always tell me and my brothers to watch it to learn how to deal with girls and stuff.

and did it work?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Black4 wrote:

and did it work?

um, no. :lol:

it ended well though. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com