Options

2011 PJ Canadian Pre-Party Fundraiser Summary

Comments

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Laura & Eric, check your pm's & emails, pretty please! :D
    yeah it's starting to be a last minute call!! :?
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    FitPearl wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I can only imagine how busy they are with PJ20 fundraiser. So, I went ahead and confirmed HamiltonCAS as the benefactor of the Hamilton pre-party.

They are a registered non-profit who helps crown wards who are living on their own before coming of age, either because they were not adopted due to age and/or cannot return to their biological families. It's amazing what they HCAS does for them, and they work very hard to help those kids learn a better way of life.

Soooo...I guess the Hamilton pre-party is now organized! :mrgreen:

Thank you to thewordselope, demetrios, and FitPearl for all their help and suggestions! :thumbup: :clap:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    FitPearl wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I can only imagine how busy they are with PJ20 fundraiser. So, I went ahead and confirmed HamiltonCAS as the benefactor of the Hamilton pre-party.

They are a registered non-profit who helps crown wards who are living on their own before coming of age, either because they were not adopted due to age and/or cannot return to their biological families. It's amazing what they HCAS does for them, and they work very hard to help those kids learn a better way of life.

Soooo...I guess the Hamilton pre-party is now organized! :mrgreen:

Thank you to thewordselope, demetrios, and FitPearl for all their help and suggestions! :thumbup: :clap:
    yeah or course they are all very busy and I understand that. And i dont want to caplain because it's very a pleasure for me to do that. But i dont want either have to wait until last last minute and/orsay yes to the Montreal's benefactor without the approuval of Laura/Wushlist foundation, just in case there is something wrong.

;)
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Just go ahead and book it all. Set it up. As long as its a registered not for profit you will be fine. I only really ran into problems when I was looking at a charity that wasnt for sure a not for profit. And on that one a waited and talked to Laura over the phone. Im hoping to call her today. So I will tell her to check her PMs.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Just go ahead and book it all. Set it up. As long as its a registered not for profit you will be fine. I only really ran into problems when I was looking at a charity that wasnt for sure a not for profit. And on that one a waited and talked to Laura over the phone. Im hoping to call her today. So I will tell her to check her PMs.
    I already told them thats its all set for sure at 95%, but they have questions, which I need Laura to help me and give me answers. ;)

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    1st post updated :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    We got Bert's Bar for Ottawa? Excellent!! Thanks for the recommendation Mohit! :)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    demetrios wrote:
    We got Bert's Bar for Ottawa? Excellent!! Thanks for the recommendation Mohit! :)

Ditto..Thanks Mohit!! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    thank you!! :mrgreen:

• Options
    ***Hamilton Pearl Jam Fan Preparty & Fundraiser 9/15***

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167926

:)
  • Options
    Laura answer your phone!!!! Hahaha
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    Bump
    for Canadian volunteers!
    Cheers.

I would love to volunteer but they won't let me in since I don't have kanadian visa. World is quite funnysometimes isn't it? borders btw lands as if we didn't have 'em already btw one another for strange reasons. people are strange, world is sick and needs healing.

If I knew how to fly and be free as my name, I would come and help :)

take care, love and peace and freedom
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    genevieve wrote:
    I don't know who you are and who Laura is really but I feel she needs that call

have fun for me to at PJ20 events. At least I won't cry

take good care
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    Few more day's to go! :)
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    1 week till Toronto 1 :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    BLACK35 wrote:
    1 week till Toronto 1 :D

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Nuts. I am pumped and going crazy.

Aaaaaaand nice to see that the Ottawa pre-party is at Bert's Bar. That will be super convenient for everyone involved as it is right inside the venue! Hoping to make it out to it . . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    Are you all ready? :D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

OH HELL YES!!!
  • Options
    a few pearl jam goodies i'm gonna be donating at the montreal, toronto, ottawa & hamilton wishlist foundation preparties. including some new '11 pj merchandise i get to pick up on the road. see you soon. :)

460_donatedcdnpjgoodies11.jpg
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    edited September 2011
    demetrios wrote:
    a few pearl jam goodies i'm gonna be donating at the montreal, toronto, ottawa & hamilton wishlist foundation preparties. including some new '11 pj merchandise i get to pick up on the road. see you soon. :)

oh I got some magazines, but they are old and not in really good shape. :? should I? Or has it to be mint condition?!

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet, thats awesome :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

OH HELL YES!!!

Are you attending some canadian dates (you could be canadian for all I know :oops: ) which ones?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

Headed to Toronto for the first time next week, and would love to join the party - is the pre party close to the ACC?

Look forward to seeing everyone there!
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

Headed to Toronto for the first time next week, and would love to join the party - is the pre party close to the ACC?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=the+l ... ra=ls&z=17

The map gives you a little longer way to get to the ACC. From the Loose Moose take the right down on York Street then on the left on Bremner Blvd. It's almost a 5 minute walk.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=the+l ... sz=17&z=17
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

it's walking-distance
  • Options
    Wishlist Foundation Toronto '11 PreParty poster done by Toronto artist Ryan James Terry! :)http://www.oliveindustries.ca/

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... /PJ205.jpg

Toronto11PrePartyPosterRyanJamesTerry.jpg
  • Options
    Looks great Demetrios!
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

OH HELL YES!!!

Are you attending some canadian dates (you could be canadian for all I know :oops: ) which ones?

Why yes. To quote the commercial, "I am Canadian." :mrgreen::lol: Hamilton is my only show, and I am super stoked!!! Once is all I need...for now... :shifty: 9 days and 40 minutes to go...
  • Options
    Cool, not going to Hamilton myself, but enjoy your show :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Stoneman21Stoneman21 Michigan Posts: 30
    So fired up for Sunday...the ride from NJ will be a blur. Looking forward to both shows and PJ20 on Monday. And also meeting more of you great folks @ Loose Moose and every other area bar in those 2 days!
    2009 - Philly Spectrum3 10/30
    2010 - MSG1 5/20
    2011 - EV Beacon1 6/21, EV Tower 6/25, Toronto 9/11, Toronto 9/12
    2013 - Wrigley 7/19, Philly1 10/21, Philly2 10/22