Options

2011 PJ Canadian Pre-Party Fundraiser Summary

Comments

• Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    Im going to be organizing an edmonton pearljam preparty but I think it is going to be outside the wishlist foundation. I basically want to get a bunch of jammers together and raise some money for the Slave Lake Alberta Wildfires Red Cross Fund. I dont want this to conflict with what Genevieve is doing, hence, Im not sure if I should have it the day of or night before the concert....reccommendations?

I think it's a wonderful idea and I think it's something the other fundraisers could think about. I think if anyone knows anything about what has happened in Slave Lake there would be no disagreements. Living in Alberta myself I am a bit biased maybe. Good idea Cree, they have a lot of rebuilding to do, and not just homes, but of spirit.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    sorry Im not going to organize another edmonton preparty, that was a stupid idea...genevieve already ponied up for this so I will attend hers and glare at her angrily the whole night

I didn't read this post until after I responded to your other one. But I think that you should do the two at the same time same place, to try to get people to come together at two separate times might not be as successful. What's the harm in doing it together? Slave Lake needs help now, and after all we are in Alberta... makes sense to me. Things that are thought in love should be pursued.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Earthgirl wrote:
    sorry Im not going to organize another edmonton preparty, that was a stupid idea...genevieve already ponied up for this so I will attend hers and glare at her angrily the whole night

I didn't read this post until after I responded to your other one. But I think that you should do the two at the same time same place, to try to get people to come together at two separate times might not be as successful. What's the harm in doing it together? Slave Lake needs help now, and after all we are in Alberta... makes sense to me. Things that are thought in love should be pursued.

Im working on something Earthgirl! :D
    PM sent to Cree and we will see what we can figure out. Cant wait till Sept!!! Woo Hoo!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Thanks Genevieve, I was looking forward to my angry stare, was even practicing it but I kept on laughing.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Thanks Genevieve, I was looking forward to my angry stare, was even practicing it but I kept on laughing.

We could just have a private moment to glare at each other... but I think I would just end up laughing... :evil: :shock:
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i am sooooooooooooo looking forward to partying up with my fellow pj fans/friends, old and yet to meet, in montreal and both toronto shows. and, mr. dream will be joining me, woohooo! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i am sooooooooooooo looking forward to partying up with my fellow pj fans/friends, old and yet to meet, in montreal and both toronto shows. and, mr. dream will be joining me, woohooo! 8-)

Aww Im sorta sad that you arent coming to our neck of the woods this time. But glad to hear you are making it to a few shows at least.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    genevieve wrote:
    Cant wait to see you all at the Edmonton and Calgary Parties!!! :D

Added you in as organizer for both!
    I will Volunteer at the 2 Toronto Shows.

If you need a "local" to book the location, I am happy to help.

Jon.

Awesome!! Added :)
    i'd love to volunteer for the Ottawa pre-party - count me in! :D (i know Kanata like the back of my hand!). :D

Thanks stargazer! That's awesome... could you help us find a bar/restaurant that is close to the venue that can hold at least 300 people?
    I should be able to help out with Hamilton. I also know a nice large Bar/Restaurant http://stonewallshamilton.com/ it is about 4 blocks from Copps. I know the owner and I will talk to him about helping The Wishlist out.

That would be super.... do yo know how many people it can hold? I can't commit to organizing this event because we'll be driving the 6 hours back from Ottawa, but we'll have all the fundraiser merch... so if you could help arrange the venue that would be amazing!
    genevieve wrote:
    Gibson wrote:
    +1 for Calgary if needed....

Laura can you add Gibson to the volunteer list for Calgary? :D

added!!
    Unfortunately I can't volunteer the night/day of the concert due to my work schedule. I'm basically going to be heading straight to the show from work. But I can donate some stuff for the Hamilton show.

I make buttons, magnets, keychains and stuff, so I could make up some Pearl Jam stuff and drop them off the night before.

Also, I could help organize the event in advance given that I'm in Hamilton.

Let me know.

Thanks. Happy organizing.

That would be awesome! :) We are always looking for donations. Maybe you can get in contact with PictureFrameOfRage and see if you two can figure out a way to exchange your donations? Or beg your boss to get off work an hour or two early to come down and just hang out with us all! :)

Im going to be organizing an edmonton pearljam preparty but I think it is going to be outside the wishlist foundation. I basically want to get a bunch of jammers together and raise some money for the Slave Lake Alberta Wildfires Red Cross Fund. I dont want this to conflict with what Genevieve is doing, hence, Im not sure if I should have it the day of or night before the concert....recommendations?

Maybe you and Genevieve can compromise & have co-beneficiaries with maybe some mutual slightly annoyed glares instead? :mrgreen:
    demetrios wrote:

So is this your way of saying you want to volunteer as organizer? lol or you want to stay a volunteer and need an organizer? :D
    Hey Laura I think you have the wrong link for Winnipeg, FYI. :)

I'll most likely be in attendance. Can't wait!

Ew you are totally right! Fixed my messed up link - thanks for the good eye! :D Not coming to the Toronto - Ottawa shows?
    I think we have a benefactor and potential location for Vancouver.

Brandon is this you? (I suck at converting Pit to FB/real names) Post 'em if you have 'em!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

So is this your way of saying you want to volunteer as organizer? lol or you want to stay a volunteer and need an organizer? :D

I'll be the organizer for both nights! :)
  • Options
    I'll help volunteer too @ the Hamilton pre-party! :)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    demetrios wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Cool :) If you don't mind I'll help you co-organize too if you'll have me... will add you as a volunteer for Hamilton too
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Cool :) If you don't mind I'll help you co-organize too if you'll have me... will add you as a volunteer for Hamilton too

For sure! :D
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I think we have a benefactor and potential location for Vancouver.

Brandon is this you? (I suck at converting Pit to FB/real names) Post 'em if you have 'em!

It's Clayton.

The Benefactor, or at least one will be C.H.I.L.D Foundation.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    stargazer76stargazer76 Posts: 164
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    i'd love to volunteer for the Ottawa pre-party - count me in! :D (i know Kanata like the back of my hand!). :D

Thanks stargazer! That's awesome... could you help us find a bar/restaurant that is close to the venue that can hold at least 300 people?

i'm on it! :D

i posted this on the FB page too - i think our best bets are o'connors (http://www.oconnorsirishpub.com/home.php) or d'arcy mcgees (http://kanata.darcymcgees.com/). both are about a 10-15 min walk to scotiabank place. i believe o'connors has a private room too, which they used for the '05 pre-party, so i'm sure they might be open to that again. i don't think d'arcy's has a private room, but there are two main sections to it...they might be able to corner off one side maybe?? just my two cents, but would be a good place to start! :)

hope that helps!
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:

Aww Im sorta sad that you arent coming to our neck of the woods this time. But glad to hear you are making it to a few shows at least.

awwww, thanks...i actually feel the same.
    2005 tour was such a blast, would love to revisit, just not in the cards for me this time around!
    given my life the past year, i am just crazy thankful i can catch pj 3x this year closer to home!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    genevieve wrote:

2005 tour was such a blast, would love to revisit, just not in the cards for me this time around!
    given my life the past year, i am just crazy thankful i can catch pj 3x this year closer to home!

Well maybe next time huh? Or maybe one day hubby and I will make to some shows a little more east.
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    genevieve wrote:

Well maybe next time huh? Or maybe one day hubby and I will make to some shows a little more east.

Perhaps.
    I will always highly recommend a trip east tho, particularly to my beloved NYC!
    I am sooooooo looking forward to these shows, a real bright spot on the horizon!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Where was the preparties held for Ottawa, Hamilton & Montreal back in '05? Any pics or info about those places & should we do them again there?
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Hey Laura can you add me to the volunteer list for Vancouver?
    I haven't had word if they need me or not but whatever, cause htey got me. :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Awww....steph! You're a star!!

and Laura...could you put me down as the organizer for Winnipeg. I'm heading there a few days early so I'm sure I can pull it off. Thanks!!
    :D
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    katellis wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Where was the preparties held for Ottawa, Hamilton & Montreal back in '05? Any pics or info about those places & should we do them again there?

o'connors was used for ottawa in 05. there's a discussion going on the facebook page right now if you are on that. i was going to call them to see if they were interested in hosting again. they have a big room that was used in '05 (for the record, i wasn't actually there).

Sweet! I'm on that. :)

http://www.oconnorsirishpub.com/home.php
  • Options

and Laura...could you put me down as the organizer for Winnipeg. I'm heading there a few days early so I'm sure I can pull it off. Thanks!!

Hey if you need any help I used to live there and have tons of friends there. If you need any additional info or maybe even I can see if they want to volunteer. Some of them are fanclub even.
  • Options
    marino4530marino4530 Posts: 18
    +1 to both shows. Love, love, LOVE the Loose Moose!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    + 1 for Toronto both nights. Its early but... Ill be at Ottawa and Hamilton pre party as well.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    genevieve wrote:

Hey if you need any help I used to live there and have tons of friends there. If you need any additional info or maybe even I can see if they want to volunteer. Some of them are fanclub even.

Yes please! I haven't been to Winnipeg since 1985 or some such time...so I don't know what the heck is a good bar or a good local charity....please make recommendations!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Yes please! I haven't been to Winnipeg since 1985 or some such time...so I don't know what the heck is a good bar or a good local charity....please make recommendations!!

K I will get on that for ya. I assume you want something close to the MTS Center. I know a ton of places but wonder if you want something thats not gonna be too busy on a saturday night. Or if you want to go with straight up pub and something super trendy. Has to hold at least 200 people. And it sucks if its too busy already and people cant get in to have the pre party fun.
  • Options
    Where was the Hamilton PreParty held back in '05?
  • Options
    can't wait!
    can't wait!
    can't wait!
    can't wait!
    can't wait!
    can't wait!
    can't wait!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...