Public Restrooms...

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
They need music. At least soft jazz. I dont' know how many times at my work restroom alone I have heard people sound like their colons are wrestling with Randy Savage.

It's unreal.

Guy comes storming in, slams the stall door so hard I thought the hinges were going to fall off and he proceeds to assume the "position" faster than any college male would say yes to a proposition from Scarlett Johansen.

Not to mention the panting... really? Are you weight training in there or are you aiming at breaking a world record for the fiercest turd?

I don't know how many more violent fecal explosions I can take.

Gross topic I know, but does anybody else feel that there should be some sort of low volume music to break the silence?

I feel sorry for my employer's toilet bowls. :(

This will probably get locked. :twisted:
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    You could always sing loudly next time someone comes in?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Claireack wrote:
    You could always sing loudly next time someone comes in?

I'm too horrified to sing... seriously. That sounded really unhealthy. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    maybe there should be signs saying

NO NUMBER 2s!! :x :x

unless you're quiet

but really, music would be lots better. i can't pee if people can hear me :(
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Probably needs to eat more fibre...
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    sick0002.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    hahahaha!!!!

I also hate when they are making sound like that and are also on the phone....

maybe they should pipe in band marching music with big bass drums and tubas, that may help. or songs like the 1812 overture......
    I was trying so hard not to laugh cause all I could picture was this:

dumbanddumber.JPG
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sort of reminds me of a certain thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    dcfaithful, I think we work at the same place. This kinda shit (pun) can't go on everywhere, can it?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I have honestly never gone in a public restroom and hear people panting or making a big disturbance. Are you by any chance only using public restrooms located inside of or next to Mexican food restaurants?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I have honestly never gone in a public restroom and hear people panting or making a big disturbance.
    consider yourself lucky :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    and are also on the phone....

I will go into the stall next to them and flush repeatedly to try and alert the person they are talking to.
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    I am a custodian, not by choice or trade, but the money and benefits are good. Anyway, I've seen things in my 8 years of cleaning toilets that you wouldn't believe. In fact, most normal people would throw up and run for their lives! I've become immune to the devastation some people can bring to a public restroom, but you wouldn't believe it but women and children are actually the most disgusting perpetrators where this issue is concerned. Men just make disgusting noises and leave raunchy aromas, but they're generally clean compared to the "fairer sex!" Women are beasts in the bathroom, with their tampons and method of hoovering! Oh, and if you've wondered why some public restrooms are always wet, it's because sometimes all we can do to clean up a disaster is to hose it down and pour bleach on everything. We janitors care about peoples comfort and cleanliness but it's actually the public themselves who are to blame for this insanity. So the next time you decide to jam a roll of paper in a toilet bowl, piss on the floor, crap on the seat, or vomit in a sink and leave it there... please remember that a person, just like you has to clean that mess up, and it's not fun! I cry myself to sleep most nights! Oh the horror, THE HORROR!!! :shock:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I have heard people sound like their colons are wrestling with Randy Savage.

:lol::lol::lol:
    dcfaithful wrote:

yes, it will...so live it up while you can :? :P :sick::lol:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    dcfaithful wrote:
    They need music. At least soft jazz. I dont' know how many times at my work restroom alone I have heard people sound like their colons are wrestling with Randy Savage.

It's unreal.

Guy comes storming in, slams the stall door so hard I thought the hinges were going to fall off and he proceeds to assume the "position" faster than any college male would say yes to a proposition from Scarlett Johansen.

Not to mention the panting... really? Are you weight training in there or are you aiming at breaking a world record for the fiercest turd?

I don't know how many more violent fecal explosions I can take.

Gross topic I know, but does anybody else feel that there should be some sort of low volume music to break the silence?

I feel sorry for my employer's toilet bowls. :(

Post of the year
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    dcfaithful wrote:
    violent fecal explosions

that's a keeper

:lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    There used to be an Italian restaurant that I loved going to...I went to the bathroom and mid-stream I hear a booming male voice speak something in Italian...I hurried up thinking I was in the wrong one...then I hear a female voice say something in Italian...apparently it was some sort of radio soap opera or something that they play only in the bathroom

and dc, some places here pump music into the washrooms...some places, just a little too loudly

anybody ever be in a stall, and someone else tries with much effort to open the stall you are in when clearly there are many other available stalls? maybe it's just me.... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I'm glad this thread has brought people joy, but this is a mega issue here at my work. I don't know what they're putting in the water, or what that the catering company does with their food, but it seems like everyone is on the hershey highway.

The coffee here is terrible too, absolutely horrendous in taste, odor, and quality... that's got to account for something right?

The panting.... my God, it haunts me.... who takes such a massive crap that they are panting??

Working out and panting? Sure
    Sex and panting? Completely understandable
    Eating and panting? On a case my case basis, maybe...

Shitting = panting? That must be a doozie...

I guess that's what you get when you're not in a comfortable house bathroom with towels to bite?

Don't get me started on the urinals... the floors beneath are sticky...

Either I work with a collective group of men who don't know how to aim worth shit, or everyone is getting drunk as hell and I didn't get the memo.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    RKCNDY wrote:
    anybody ever be in a stall, and someone else tries with much effort to open the stall you are in when clearly there are many other available stalls? maybe it's just me.... :?

Have you ever met Ben Roethlisberger? I think he was the one knocking
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    2 words: home bowl
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,846
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh for crying out loud
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    KM43590 wrote:
    I am a custodian, not by choice or trade, but the money and benefits are good. Anyway, I've seen things in my 8 years of cleaning toilets that you wouldn't believe. In fact, most normal people would throw up and run for their lives! I've become immune to the devastation some people can bring to a public restroom, but you wouldn't believe it but women and children are actually the most disgusting perpetrators where this issue is concerned. Men just make disgusting noises and leave raunchy aromas, but they're generally clean compared to the "fairer sex!" Women are beasts in the bathroom, with their tampons and method of hoovering! Oh, and if you've wondered why some public restrooms are always wet, it's because sometimes all we can do to clean up a disaster is to hose it down and pour bleach on everything. We janitors care about peoples comfort and cleanliness but it's actually the public themselves who are to blame for this insanity. So the next time you decide to jam a roll of paper in a toilet bowl, piss on the floor, crap on the seat, or vomit in a sink and leave it there... please remember that a person, just like you has to clean that mess up, and it's not fun! I cry myself to sleep most nights! Oh the horror, THE HORROR!!! :shock:

I've never understood people plugging the toilets with toilet paper. How much TP do you need? If it's that much, maybe you should just wear a diaper and then take a bath.

Some of the things I've seen in public restrooms makes me wonder if people really ever do grow up...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh for crying out loud

Is it too soon to joke about Ben's misfortune? It was an easy jab.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    jamburger wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    and are also on the phone....

I will go into the stall next to them and flush repeatedly to try and alert the person they are talking to.

Reminds me of the first time I saw a phone in a hotel shitter.

It almost made me want to do both just to say I did. Thanks to cell phones, this is not a luxury anymore. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    violent fecal explosions

that's a keeper

:lol::lol:

Coincidentally, they are playing at the dumpiest metal bar in SLC tonight.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

ben gives me the oogies...ironically enough this happened in the bathroom at the Alcatraz restaurant...I went in, there are probably 15 stalls, I chose the last one (for some reason people also like to talk to me from the other side of the stall). Nobody else is in there then I hear someone come in, they try to open the door, 'um, duh, it's locked :roll:'...they start banging on it, shaking the s#it outta the door, I yell, 'it's locked because somebody is in here trying to take a nap!', they don't say anything, and choose a different stall, so I finish, flush and wash. On my way out, I turned off the lights in the windowless room.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

ben gives me the oogies...ironically enough this happened in the bathroom at the Alcatraz restaurant...I went in, there are probably 15 stalls, I chose the last one (for some reason people also like to talk to me from the other side of the stall). Nobody else is in there then I hear someone come in, they try to open the door, 'um, duh, it's locked :roll:'...they start banging on it, shaking the s#it outta the door, I yell, 'it's locked because somebody is in here trying to take a nap!', they don't say anything, and choose a different stall, so I finish, flush and wash. On my way out, I turned off the lights in the windowless room.

You're my hero. :lol:

Maybe it was an Alcatraz ghost??
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

A co-worker flipped the lights out on me one day... only to find out it wasn't me and some poor bastard wearing the same shoes as me. :lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I have no idea...I expected a scream of some sort...just so I could feel a little good about being evil. :mrgreen:

and to the 'facilities management' person...yes women are messy, but I never in my live have ever had a more disgusting bathroom than when I started sharing one with a male. I claimed the guest bathroom as mine, and it's clean (not sparkling, but clean)...my other half...well lets just say that the bathroom in the movie Trainspotting looks spotless compared to his. :sick:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I have no idea...I expected a scream of some sort...just so I could feel a little good about being evil. :mrgreen:

and to the 'facilities management' person...yes women are messy, but I never in my live have ever had a more disgusting bathroom than when I started sharing one with a male. I claimed the guest bathroom as mine, and it's clean (not sparkling, but clean)...my other half...well lets just say that the bathroom in the movie Trainspotting looks spotless compared to his. :sick:

Maybe he needs another installment of potty training?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL