Options

10.65 BILLION..

Comments

• Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    thefin190 wrote:
    G.E. is also guilty of skipping out on paying taxes while continuing to ship jobs overseas, infact, receiving unnecessary tax credits.
    Agreed, this isn't the right forum for this debate, however...

Skipping out on paying taxes? What unnecessary tax credits is GE receiving?

Remind me again what crime companies are "guilty" of for contributing to global economics? I can't seem to get my dad to understand that employing solely US employees is not only bad business, but it's a very "US is kicking the world's ass" mentality. It's this outlook towards the rest of the world that has contributed to the US becoming fat and happy. Not too different than the belief that "...foreigners coming to the US should learn to speak English or get the eff out." Yup, that's the major tenet the world's largest melting pot is founded upon. Despite the fact that major cities all over the world cater to the US by offering both native-tongue and English languages, we're still better, smarter, bigger, etc, right?

You know what you call a person who speaks three languages? Trilingual. You know what you call a person who speaks two languages? Bilingual. You know what you call a person who speaks one language? American.

I suppose it would be better from US citizens' perspective if GE and other global orgs said "Eff off, third world countries, and find your own means to bring affordable, portable medical advances to your remote villages." That would show them, wouldn't it?

Oh, and you're hoping to "...switch to electric..." huh? Guessing General ELECTRIC might have a hand in helping you with a green alternative. Down with "guilty" corps like GE!
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    1. Exxon made 6% of the aformentioned profit selling gas and refining gas in the US. (Other parts of its business, like selling oil and natural gas overseas, accounted for much more.)

2. Exxon doesn't controll the price of oil or gasoline

3. The world is consuming more oil now than it did before the recession, raising demand

Why do people get so bent out of shape when companies make money around here?

Because "We the People" provide the huge tax subsidie which they recieve via OUR TAX DOLLARS..
    Any entity making a $10 billion profit that recieves a tax break from the federal tax laws, which BTW were enacted by GW is sickening. Thats how I feel. It's kinda like going to the diner, and watching the waiter eat your fries...

Um, if they've paid 100s of billions of dollars in taxes over the past few years, isn't it just as much their tax dollars. Putting this into context, their tax break is about the same as Joe Blow making 50,000/year getting a tax break of probably less than $1000 for a year. This isn't earth shattering.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Exxon Mobil makes 10.65 BILLION dollar PROFIT, first quarter. That's Jan./Feb./Mar... The Federal Government is providing a 4 BILLION dollar tax subsidie prior to this profit. And they dont plant ONE F*&KIN TREE! PJ20 should in no way be held in a state ran by a weak minded far right wing republican, why? to bring revenue to a state that doesnt believe in collective bargaining...IMO/ And also, are the roadies/stagehands that facilitate PJ shows belong to a union? I'm mad as hell and will continue to take it up the keister until Canada convinces me otherwise! :evil:

:shock: :crazy:
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    why now u dont billioning??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    Evenflow, I am well aware of the amount of families that rely on corporations such as exxon to provide for themselves. But my point is that a 10.65 billion dollar profit margin for the first quarter of the year, coupled with a 4 billion dollar subsidie from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, while all the while the citizens of this country have to bite the bullet on everything. My issue is not entirely with Exxon Mobil, although I will say that there are plenty of back room deals going on everyday between your employer and our elected officials with the sole purpose of jacking up profit margins. And those profits are being made on the backs of the American people. I appreciate what you do, and your concern for your family's well being, and your opinion,but I must say it sounds alot like political propaganda/ rhetoric. Sleep tight..I'm quite sure your bosses do.

So I imagine you work for a not for profit organization?
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    General Electric, another example (and as a side note: the designers of the reactors in Japan that are the cause of so many issues,

The cause of the issues was a massive earthquake and a tsunami. Fukushima was hit with 2 beyond design basis events in the same day. That plant is the only thing standing in the area. This is a VICTORY for the nuclear industry. I guess it's GE's fault that there that TEPCO built the plant where they did, and didn't upgrade it like American plants have? That's the same as wrecking your car and blaming Honda for selling it to you!
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    i didn't want to even go there. thanks.
    one of the biggest natural disasters in modern times.....not GE's fault, or GW's.
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    bone wrote:
    Evenflow, I am well aware of the amount of families that rely on corporations such as exxon to provide for themselves. But my point is that a 10.65 billion dollar profit margin for the first quarter of the year, coupled with a 4 billion dollar subsidie from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, while all the while the citizens of this country have to bite the bullet on everything. My issue is not entirely with Exxon Mobil, although I will say that there are plenty of back room deals going on everyday between your employer and our elected officials with the sole purpose of jacking up profit margins. And those profits are being made on the backs of the American people. I appreciate what you do, and your concern for your family's well being, and your opinion,but I must say it sounds alot like political propaganda/ rhetoric. Sleep tight..I'm quite sure your bosses do.

So I imagine you work for a not for profit organization?

As a matter of fact I do...Board of Education.
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    i am totally down with hugging it out

i know i kinda look fat in my pic though.

;);););) :oops:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Long day finally over. I get home, check the threads, and see all this discussion that took place and feel great. All opinions aside I would just like to say I truly love you all..oh and @ Bone...I'm just the custodian. :D

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,341
    total hypocricy with this thread still being around in the porch. If this were a Bush loving or anti union thread it would have been moved or even locked along time ago! Fyi I hate Bush like most people but I think all of you can agree with this.
    Ok ill chime in now on the topic. Just a couple years ago oil was discovered in western South Dakota and eastern Montana. In fact they estimate there is more oil there then there is in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Yet nothing has been done about it. The tree hugers don't want the land touched out there and in alaska yet at the same time bitch about gas prices! Go figure!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 533
    edited April 2011
    Black73 wrote:
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    General Electric, another example (and as a side note: the designers of the reactors in Japan that are the cause of so many issues, as well as one of the largest corporate polluters in the United States, more so than ExxonMobil in recent years), had over a 12% net profit disclosed for 2010, but no gripes there...

I get your point Aaron...if ExxonMobil is so "evil," why aren't other companies like Apple and GE. That makes sense. However, being a GE'er I gotta ask: where'd you get your information from? Guessing you think GE has raised their hands in Japan, huh? Any figures on what they've donated, what work they're doing with their customer at the reactor site? One of the largest corporate polluters in the United States? I guess Ecomanigation isn't hitting on its deliverables. Better take down all our wind turbines and not be part of the solution, and continue relying on non-renewable energy resources. Do you have anything tangible to prove your assertion, or are you generalizing? (Sorry for the edits...early-morning grammatical issues with my their/they're usage!)

I know the national pastime is griping about our employers (it replaced baseball after the 1994 strike), but your generalization of "big corporation" is just that...generalization. I remember the BP CEO saying something like "...I just want my life to return to normal..." shortly after the LA Gulf incident. There's one of your differences on why no one is crying foul with "evil" companies like GE who posted 12% net profits...not to mention advances in medicine that GE is offering people in the most remote areas of the world. Bet you didn't know that you and I are two of the "evil" people that make up the 20% of the population currently using 80% of the world's medical technology, did you? GE is responsibly facing into these figures to make it easier for people without modes of transportation, income, safe drinking water, adequate housing, etc to access medical technology, to have access to safe drinking water, creating jobs globally to improve their standards of living.

I'm open for an educated debate, but I challenge you to bring some facts to the argument and not just feelings that may well be formed by what the media is telling you.
    Thank you for making my point. I don't see where we disagree, and I think you have me painted as someone that has issues with G.E., Apple, etc. I have zero issues with G.E., Apple (typing this on my trendy MacBook), ExxonMobil, or any other corporation for the profits they make. I was simply making the point that everyone gripes about oil companies for these imaginary huge profits they're making, when in reality, the percentages show they make no more (and often less) than many other companies when compared to the overall revenues created. The ROI of ExxonMobil simply does not support the railings of the detractors. I honestly do not care how much "good" a company does in the world, as long as their products work and they are doing their best to be responsible and ethical with the things under their control.

For some articles on G.E., I resort to the mainly leftist New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/world ... ric&st=cse

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/busin ... =ge&st=cse

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/2007 ... 265.0.html

^ the above, I admit, is somewhat outdated (published in 2007, but off of data collected a decade ago) but gives an idea of my point with pollution. G.E. has also undergone recent scrutiny for their heel dragging when in has come to the cleanup of the Hudson River, and I believe there have been a few western coal incidents recently.

Also: I was not claiming that they were "worse" than ExxonMobil...if you look at the chart, you'll see who sits right after G.E. I simply found that company comparable (with higher "pollution" data, profit percentages, and a higher percentage of govt money when compared to the overall revenue of the company) and yet somehow blameless to those that rail and complain about ExxonMobil.

Like I said, I personally have no issue with any of the companies, nor their profits. I don't have any issues with the fact that G.E. designed those reactors. I simply have issues with idiots complaining about companies not giving them handouts for their (the company's) hard work, and the hypocrisy shown by them in singling out certain companies with their "moral compass" while ignoring others that are "guilty" (although I see no guilt) of similar offenses.

Also stings that they tend to use what I see as opposite logic with the perceived "rich" and taxes (spill over from the players in a thread on AMT) where they only look at the overall dollar number for ExxonMobil while ignoring the percentage, and look at the percentage for the taxed "rich" while seemingly ignoring the overall dollar amount contributed by them into the system.
    Post edited by Aaron 23 on
  • Options
    Does anybody have any info about the question of PJ roadies/stagehands?.. Or POSSIBLEY bringing revenue to a state that has pulled the rug out from under it's public employees :?:

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    "When the gas in my tank
    Feels like money in the bank"
  • Options
    Terps82Terps82 Posts: 7
    That's great.. So your cool with 20% of that sum being earned in the LAST 3 MONTHS while gas prices are at an all time high ?

you're right. they weren't this high when GW was President. WHAT IS OBAMA DOING!!!! Where is the outrage from Eddie???? :lol:

Well said.. I couldnt agree more. Not Obama bashing or Bush supporting, Just sick of how these extremely wealthy companies continue to make huge profits off of the lower class. ( BC there is no more middle class)

"I only know one party, and that is freedom"

There is ABSOLUTELY still a middle class. Im in it....

BTW, lame thread.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    General Electric, another example (and as a side note: the designers of the reactors in Japan that are the cause of so many issues,

The cause of the issues was a massive earthquake and a tsunami. Fukushima was hit with 2 beyond design basis events in the same day. That plant is the only thing standing in the area. This is a VICTORY for the nuclear industry. I guess it's GE's fault that there that TEPCO built the plant where they did, and didn't upgrade it like American plants have? That's the same as wrecking your car and blaming Honda for selling it to you!
    Exactly my point. Designed in the 60's, built in the 70's, and 40 other such sites still in operation today with no noted failures. Great analogy MG...although our litigous society tries to blame their auto manufacturer for said wrecks.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited April 2011
    pdalowsky wrote:
    If petrol got to 4.40 $ a gallon in the Uk there would he street parties.

I laughed this week when I saw Obama getting all bent out of shape at the price of gas in the states..... It's piss cheap....
    Yeah, and how big is England? About the size of Minnesota?

I have to ask, how long is you average commute there? Weren't most of the streets designed before automobiles?

The US is full of suburban sprawls. It's very easy to have a 50+ mile round trip daily commute in the Chicago area..

And you guys SHOULD be bitching too.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:
    Aaron 23 wrote:

Exactly my point. Designed in the 60's, built in the 70's, and 40 other such sites still in operation today with no noted failures. Great analogy MG...although our litigious society tries to blame their auto manufacturer for said wrecks.

Agreed, it's a major culture crisis in this country that is due to liberal policies. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. So the left sells more government control, and less personal responsibility, with complete disregard for the country’s future, for the price of your vote. I heard on the news this morning that they are trying to ban advertising aimed at children, such as lucky charms, because kids are fat. It's ridiculous that people think that way, instead of parents just taking responsibility for their kids.
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    before this gets moved to the train..... He won't criticize the President because Obama was left a huge, steaming pile of shit to dig out of.

Obama has brought a 250 pound mastiff that he has been feeding taco bell, to add to the pile every day for the last two years. So much so, that the original pile, while still shit, doesn't seem so bad anymore.
  • Options
    JForte20JForte20 Posts: 52
    Who makes more off each gallon of gas..the oil companies? or the government?

THE US GOVERNMENT.

http://www.dailymarkets.com/economy/201 ... er-gallon/
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    The cause of the issues was a massive earthquake and a tsunami. Fukushima was hit with 2 beyond design basis events in the same day. That plant is the only thing standing in the area. This is a VICTORY for the nuclear industry. I guess it's GE's fault that there that TEPCO built the plant where they did, and didn't upgrade it like American plants have? That's the same as wrecking your car and blaming Honda for selling it to you![/quote]
    Exactly my point. Designed in the 60's, built in the 70's, and 40 other such sites still in operation today with no noted failures. Great analogy MG...although our litigious society tries to blame their auto manufacturer for said wrecks.[/quote]

Agreed, it's a major culture crisis in this country that is due to liberal policies. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. So the left sells more government control, and less personal responsibility, with complete disregard for the country’s future, for the price of your vote. I heard on the news this morning that they are trying to ban advertising aimed at children, such as lucky charms, because kids are fat. It's ridiculous that people think that way, instead of parents just taking responsibility for their kids.
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    before this gets moved to the train..... He won't criticize the President because Obama was left a huge, steaming pile of shit to dig out of.

Obama has brought a 250 pound mastiff that he has been feeding taco bell, to add to the pile every day for the last two years. So much so, that the original pile, while still shit, doesn't seem so bad anymore.[/quote]

Sorry, there is no "cultural crisis" as a result of liberal policies, and to say there is, is putting minimal thought into problems in the U.S. Also, people avoiding responsibility isn't anything new. It's been happening since humans have been able to make choices.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Funny, you think a 50 mile commute is long? That's really nothing. I'd even say that's quite common here.

How much do you put in your car each month? I think you'll get quite a shock how it compares

Gob wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I laughed this week when I saw Obama getting all bent out of shape at the price of gas in the states..... It's piss cheap....

I have to ask, how long is you average commute there? Weren't most of the streets designed before automobiles?

The US is full of suburban sprawls. It's very easy to have a 50+ mile round trip daily commute in the Chicago area..

• Options
    Gob wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Did you ever notice how people from the suburbs of Chicago claim Chicago is where they live, but someone from the suburbs of Detroit makes it very clear that they "live outside of Detroit". I always think "you don't live in Chicago, you live in the crap-hole of Schaumburg". They just went full bore on the sprawl, and I don't know if they're any plans to reign it in. People don't bat an eye at 45min to an hour drive to pretty much do anything.
  • Options
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    Thank you for making my point. I don't see where we disagree, and I think you have me painted as someone that has issues with G.E., Apple, etc. I have zero issues with G.E., Apple... .

For some articles on G.E., I resort to the mainly leftist New York Times:...

^ the above, I admit, is somewhat outdated (published in 2007, but off of data collected a decade ago) but gives an idea of my point with pollution. G.E. has also undergone recent scrutiny for their heel dragging when in has come to the cleanup of the Hudson River, and I believe there have been a few western coal incidents recently.
    Thanks for clarifying, although I didn't think you hated big corps. I cordially request that if you throw out company stats, either disclose in your initial post that the data is from 2002, or include recent stats. Lots of impressionable people out there who will take the leftist NY Times (another point where you and I agree!) word as gospel. A very quick search showed me that the EPA is speaking positively as recently as March for GEs Hudson River cleanup...I'm more inclined to believe what they have on their website than a newspaper writer trying to make her/his mark.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Sorry, there is no "cultural crisis" as a result of liberal policies, and to say there is, is putting minimal thought into problems in the U.S. Also, people avoiding responsibility isn't anything new. It's been happening since humans have been able to make choices.

There certainly is a culture crisis in this country. The election of someone like Obama is the biggest sign. Certainly some people have always avoided responsibility, but not at the levels we have now. Having a few free loaders is normal, but the current levels are due to the policies of the left. Look at the expansion of liberal entitlements and social programs in the last 50+ years. It's ridiculous how many people are dependant on the government these days.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    From one Canadian's perspective:
    Republicans in the US = religious pandering for votes, not good fiscal management.
    Also the right does not spend any less money - they just spend it on different things like war instead of schools and social programs.
    You could argue spending money you dont have is wrong regardless but if it is a choice between Obama and Bush / Cheney / McCain / Palin / Trump, you should count yourselves lucky to have Obama.

In Canada we have three basic parties- Conservative (Republican), Liberal (Democrat), and left "socialist" (who have never really been in power)- but there is virtually no pandering by anyone to organized religion - which seems normal and right for us. In Canada a leader could actually say they dont go to church or are an athiest and still get elected - it would not be an issue. They could also say they "did inhale" and still get elected.

The debate in the US seems always to be clouded by this issue so you can't just vote for one party which has good fiscal management, vs the other that doesnt.

Religion needs to be completely separated from govenment - that is step one.

just an opinion from an outsider.
  • Options
    McNairn wrote:
    Republicans in the US = religious pandering for votes, not good fiscal management.
    Also the right does not spend any less money - they just spend it on different things like war instead of schools and social programs.
    You could argue spending money you dont have is wrong regardless but if it is a choice between Obama and Bush / Cheney / McCain / Palin / Trump, you should count yourselves lucky to have Obama.

In Canada we have three basic parties- Conservative (Republican), Liberal (Democrat), and left "socialist" (who have never really been in power)- but there is virtually no pandering by anyone to organized religion - which seems normal and right for us. In Canada a leader could actually say they dont go to church or are an athiest and still get elected - it would not be an issue. They could also say they "did inhale" and still get elected.

The debate in the US seems always to be clouded by this issue so you can't just vote for one party which has good fiscal management, vs the other that doesnt.

No offense, I would say your opinion is pretty far from reality. That's OK though, I have no idea what goes on in Canada either.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    I can accept that!
    I dont claim to know what I am talking about-
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

There certainly is a culture crisis in this country. The election of someone like Obama is the biggest sign. Certainly some people have always avoided responsibility, but not at the levels we have now. Having a few free loaders is normal, but the current levels are due to the policies of the left. Look at the expansion of liberal entitlements and social programs in the last 50+ years. It's ridiculous how many people are dependant on the government these days.

You're making a conclusion that there is a cultural crisis based on some anecdotal evidence. A crisis implies that something horrible is happening that requires change. Some people avoiding responsibility is not a crisis. You're making a statement without any evidence whatsoever. In order to measure the level of irresponsible people, you'd have to come up with a measurement device and gather scientific data, which no one has done. It would be too hard anyway, to have a valid measurement of it. I assume you mean people on welfare are the "free loaders" in your post. Numbers prove your conclusion incorrect, as the rate of people on welfare has dropped significantly since the Welfare Reform Act in 1996. Maybe you're referring to all the old timers on Medicare and Social Security? Blaming the problems in the U.S. on liberal policies is an easy out and brings relief to conservatives. It seems to be quite a popular thing on the internets, too.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    McNairn wrote:

No offense, I would say your opinion is pretty far from reality. That's OK though, I have no idea what goes on in Canada either.

Actually, his opinion is pretty close. Conservatives deficit spend with the best of them, and if any candidate even was ambiguous about their religion, there's no chance of them getting elected, let alone if they said they were an atheist. They have to be in a mainline Christian church and state a belief in God.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    You're making a conclusion that there is a cultural crisis based on some anecdotal evidence. A crisis implies that something horrible is happening that requires change. Some people avoiding responsibility is not a crisis. You're making a statement without any evidence whatsoever. In order to measure the level of irresponsible people, you'd have to come up with a measurement device and gather scientific data, which no one has done. It would be too hard anyway, to have a valid measurement of it. I assume you mean people on welfare are the "free loaders" in your post. Numbers prove your conclusion incorrect, as the rate of people on welfare has dropped significantly since the Welfare Reform Act in 1996. Maybe you're referring to all the old timers on Medicare and Social Security? Blaming the problems in the U.S. on liberal policies is an easy out and brings relief to conservatives. It seems to be quite a popular thing on the internets, too.

Oh yeah, there is no evidence. This country is headed in a great direction! There is nothing horrible happening right now. All is well, all is well, all is well!

There is a measure of irresponsible people, and it is those that are dependant on the government for something they could provide for themselves. You can't really think that the number of people dependant on the government is currently at a good level? Every sane person knows that too many people are dependant on the government for too many things they could provide for themselves. So I have 2 options here:

1) Provide no data, watch you spout twisted CNN garbage, and not change your mind. Waste very little time.
    2) Provide data, which scares you off, and still doesn’t change your mind. Waste more of my time, which as a conservative and thus a producer in our society, is very precious.

This board is notorious for people just running from discussions once their touch feely mainstream media liberal stance is shattered. If I had a tax refund for every time that happened to me, I would still be paying way too much in taxes!
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Actually, his opinion is pretty close. Conservatives deficit spend with the best of them, and if any candidate even was ambiguous about their religion, there's no chance of them getting elected, let alone if they said they were an atheist. They have to be in a mainline Christian church and state a belief in God.

Please read posts before you feel the need to respond. I agree that conservatives still spend too much, just nothing like the level that Obama has been spending. I guess no candidate could ever get elected with their religion in doubt. There is absolutely no one who thinks Obama is a muslim. I mean not one single damn person. Let alone the upwards of 60% reported some places.