Options

10.65 BILLION..

Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
edited August 2011 in A Moving Train
Exxon Mobil makes 10.65 BILLION dollar PROFIT, first quarter. That's Jan./Feb./Mar... The Federal Government is providing a 4 BILLION dollar tax subsidie prior to this profit. And they dont plant ONE F*&KIN TREE! PJ20 should in no way be held in a state ran by a weak minded far right wing republican, why? to bring revenue to a state that doesnt believe in collective bargaining...IMO/ And also, are the roadies/stagehands that facilitate PJ shows belong to a union? I'm mad as hell and will continue to take it up the keister until Canada convinces me otherwise! :evil:
"It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Exxon Mobil makes 10.65 BILLION dollar PROFIT, first quarter. That's Jan./Feb./Mar... The Federal Government is providing a 4 BILLION dollar tax subsidie prior to this profit. And they dont plant ONE F*&KIN TREE! PJ20 should in no way be held in a state ran by a weak minded far right wing republican, why? to bring revenue to a state that doesnt believe in collective bargaining...IMO/ And also, are the roadies/stagehands that facilitate PJ shows belong to a union? I'm mad as hell and will continue to take it up the keister until Canada convinces me otherwise! :evil:

Where is the "crazy" smiley face when you need it?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    MG79478 wrote:

Where is the "crazy" smiley face when you need it?

this one? :crazy:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    wrong

place

to

bitch
  • Options
    anchorman01-1.jpg
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    wrong

place

to

bitch

I

Doubt

That's

Your

Picture...

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Exxon pays more taxes than any other company in the Standard & Poor's 500 index -- $59 billion in the United States over the past five years.

After taxes, the company earned $41 billion from U.S. operations during that period.

continue to take it up the keister

carry on
    Post edited by usamamasan1 on
  • Options
    i bet that's yours

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    WHAT! I'M OUTRAGED! MAYBE THEY SHOULD SWITCH TO NY THEN!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    WHAT! I'M OUTRAGED! MAYBE THEY SHOULD SWITCH TO NY THEN!
    fucken a... NY it is!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    So nobody in NY must drive a car...mmm
  • Options
    Exxon pays more taxes than any other company in the Standard & Poor's 500 index -- $59 billion in the United States over the past five years.

After taxes, the company earned $41 billion from U.S. operations during that period.

continue to take it up the keister

carry on

That's great.. So your cool with 20% of that sum being earned in the LAST 3 MONTHS while gas prices are at an all time high ?

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    wiscopjfan wrote:
    So nobody in NY must drive a car...mmm
    nope

i use a jetpack to get to my jobs

IBTL
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Absolutely...went electric last year :D
  • Options
    wiscopjfan wrote:
    Absolutely...went electric last year :D

:mrgreen:

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    That's great.. So your cool with 20% of that sum being earned in the LAST 3 MONTHS while gas prices are at an all time high ?

you're right. they weren't this high when GW was President. WHAT IS OBAMA DOING!!!! Where is the outrage from Eddie???? :lol:
  • Options
    before this gets moved to the train..... He won't criticize the President because Obama was left a huge, steaming pile of shit to dig out of.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    what is that as a % of their revenue?
    just curious
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    So how long has it been since you've purchased gas from Exxon Mobil?
  • Options

you're right. they weren't this high when GW was President. WHAT IS OBAMA DOING!!!! Where is the outrage from Eddie???? :lol:

Well said.. I couldnt agree more. Not Obama bashing or Bush supporting, Just sick of how these extremely wealthy companies continue to make huge profits off of the lower class. ( BC there is no more middle class)

"I only know one party, and that is freedom"

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Black73 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    McNairn wrote:
    what is that as a % of their revenue?
    just curious

US$383.221 billion (2010)

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    "I only know one party, and that is freedom"

WOOT!

awesome
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:

2 years.. I use shell E85.
    Like thats much better. :oops:

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Unless you are extremely wealthy and don't give a shit , how could you defend a corporation making obscene profits while people can not afford to put gas in their cars? At what point is not OK to profit from the misery of others?
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    so in a quarter they have about 100 billion in revenue and make 10 billion profit which is 10%
    do they ever lose money in a year or a quarter?
    i doubt it

i do think that the higher gas prices are, the more likely we will move to alternative energy sooner and it will speed up the development of better technology that is cost effecive for people to adopt so they are sort of shooting themselves in the foot-
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Unless you are extremely wealthy and don't give a shit , how could you defend a corporation making obscene profits while people can not afford to put gas in their cars? At what point is not OK to profit from the misery of others?

Now we're getting somewhere... on foot though. :D

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    1. Exxon made 6% of the aformentioned profit selling gas and refining gas in the US. (Other parts of its business, like selling oil and natural gas overseas, accounted for much more.)

2. Exxon doesn't controll the price of oil or gasoline

3. The world is consuming more oil now than it did before the recession, raising demand

Why do people get so bent out of shape when companies make money around here?

did you see this...what an outrage! Shouldn't people with lower incomes be able to have an IPAD?
    Apple reported net income of $6.0 billion, or $6.40 per share, on $24.7 billion in sales compared to net income of $3.3 billion or $3.33 per share, on $13.5 billion in sales during the year-ago period.
    Apple reported gross margins for its fiscal second quarter of 41.4%, compared to the 39% analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had been expecting.
  • Options
    1. Exxon made 6% of the aformentioned profit selling gas and refining gas in the US. (Other parts of its business, like selling oil and natural gas overseas, accounted for much more.)

3. The world is consuming more oil now than it did before the recession, raising demand

Because "We the People" provide the huge tax subsidie which they recieve via OUR TAX DOLLARS..
    Any entity making a $10 billion profit that recieves a tax break from the federal tax laws, which BTW were enacted by GW is sickening. Thats how I feel. It's kinda like going to the diner, and watching the waiter eat your fries...

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Black73 wrote:

2 years.. I use shell E85.
    Like thats much better. :oops:
    Good on you...was hoping you weren't stopping there each week to top off your tank. BP/Amoco is currently on my "Despised" list, after hearing Eddie's 2007 Lolla "Don't Go to BP/Amoco" punk anthem...then they officially moved to my "Don't Frequent" list after their LA Gulf fiasco.

As someone else said though, time is short before this is relo'd to AMT. Before that, I'd challenge you to think not just about the "far right wing republican," but also the "far left wing democrat" representatives elected and paid by us to be in WI to do a job...only to be MIA...and STILL getting paid! Now how's that for a tax subsidy on their profit?
  • Options

So next qtr, when that number is 9% and they have only made 2 or 3 billion on gas while working people are forced to park their cars because they can not afford the $60 to fill the tank it will still be ok?

Profits are fine, even necessary. Corporations like exxonmobilibmmicrosoft or whatever they are now, are to blame for the absolute, at all costs, maximization of profits.

Sorry, I will never agree that a faceless, soulless entity like a corporation is more deserving than real, breathing, flesh and blood people who are just trying to get by.

Since you edited, I will too.

Apple get no subsidy from the US government.