Options

Help me with my collection

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
edited May 2012 in Lost Dogs
for serious collectors.... :D

ok guys need your help..im a collector of snowglobs from all over the world..when i travel to another country,i google where are the souvenirs shops and not the museums.. :lol:
so,if anyone could help me,and sent me a snowglob from his hometown,or his country,ill be vey happy!!! :)
ill pay for the cost and shipping cost...
if anyone can help,please pm me :)
the only detail is that must have the name of the town-country on it..(see the foto)
thanks in advance..

p.s.
if someone dont know what a snowglobe ,here is a foto

AAAAAswsYfkAAAAAAId1ZQ.jpg?v=1194425884000
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for you man!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    do you only want the glass ones, or do you like the plastic ones too?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    do you only want the glass ones, or do you like the plastic ones too?
    i prefer glass,but i have plastics too..whatever is easy for you..

edit,like this avatar better :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    D are you being serious?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    D are you being serious?
    yes,,i have around 100 so far.. :)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Always on the lookout 8-)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Always on the lookout 8-)
    thanks adam!!!you for exable,sent me alot so far,for places ill probably never visit my self :D;)
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pdalowsky wrote:
    D are you being serious?

I like the idea! I will keep my eyes open for you as well.

Where in the hell are you gonna store all these snowglobes??
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    D are you being serious?

I like the idea! I will keep my eyes open for you as well.

Where in the hell are you gonna store all these snowglobes??
    i have a self,and on an office in my room...its kinda a mess.. :lol:
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I'll keep my eyes open for you and let you know. :D
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    for serious collectors.... :D

ok guys need your help..im a collector of snowglobs from all over the world..when i travel to another country,i google where are the souvenirs shops and not the museums.. :lol:
    so,if anyone could help me,and sent me a snowglob from his hometown,or his country,ill be vey happy!!! :)
    ill pay for the cost and shipping cost...
    if anyone can help,please pm me :)
    the only detail is that must have the name of the town-country on it..(see the foto)
    thanks in advance..

p.s.
    if someone dont know what a snowglobe ,here is a foto

AAAAAswsYfkAAAAAAId1ZQ.jpg?v=1194425884000

Do you have one from Houston? I could probably find one for you from here... (not that it's my hometown, but none-the-less)...

as an interesting side note - D , don't travel with snowglobes in the US... last couple of airports I've been in actually had signs posted at the gates stating that you could not bring snowglobes in your carry-ons (i shit you not, it actually specifically called out just snowglobes)...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    got the first pm,, DC,VIRGINIA calling!!!!!thanks :)
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Do you have one from Houston? I could probably find one for you from here... (not that it's my hometown, but none-the-less)...

as an interesting side note - D , don't travel with snowglobes in the US... last couple of airports I've been in actually had signs posted at the gates stating that you could not bring snowglobes in your carry-ons (i shit you not, it actually specifically called out just snowglobes)...
    no,i dont have from houston :)
    and i know about airports,,i only put them in the ba i check-in,not the one take in the cabine :)
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    D,

Would be curious if you have a list of the ones you have. And curious if you want people to send you doubles of those cities.

I'm a collector in more ways than one. I especially love collecting things from places I've been. My wife and I started getting city specific Starbucks mugs for example.

Nate
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Wilds wrote:
    D,

Would be curious if you have a list of the ones you have. And curious if you want people to send you doubles of those cities.

I'm a collector in more ways than one. I especially love collecting things from places I've been. My wife and I started getting city specific Starbucks mugs for example.

Nate

Nathan - Its a disease isnt it?

i got pretty bad too with hard rock cafe guitar magnets!!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Keeping my eyes opened! I'm quite sure that i will find something for you!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    pdalowsky wrote:
    D are you being serious?

I thought this too a few weeks back, but I thought "what the hell" my kid picked one out and we shipped. I was a little concerned about it breaking, I hope I used enough bubble wrap.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    D,

Nate
    hi Nate,i must do that list..my sister give me one from rhodes and tell me you should organize your collection,that was the idea for this thread,organize my collection and get some more..i have my self 2-3 from one place but different ones..and when someone pm me,i ask where from,so ill tell him if i have it already..
    if i can find a starbucks when i visit Athens ill sent you one..cos in my town starbucks closed
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    D,

Nate

Nathan - Its a disease isnt it?

i got pretty bad too with hard rock cafe guitar magnets!!
    its crazy...hard rock cafe t-shirt collector here...love the manchester one so much :)
  • Options
    if you don't have an nyc snowglobe, I'd be more than happy to send you one D!

:mrgreen:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    ontario calling :D thanks
  • Options
    thanks for newyorkers :D
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    I doubt I will find any in Florida, but I'll check it out for you
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    there are for sure..!!!have one from miami...oh shit..is miami in florida,right?? :roll:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    You've got London, haven't you? Been looking for a royal wedding one for you but no luck :(

My daughter collects them as well... but only places she has been.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    You've got London, haven't you? Been looking for a royal wedding one for you but no luck :(
    i think i have 4-5 from london...but if u get to france or belgium,youll get one for me,,or other uk town.. :D
    and i dont have ,i love london shirt...i kid i kid,, :lol::lol:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    i think i have 4-5 from london...but if u get to france or belgium,youll get one for me,,or other uk town.. :D

Will get you Brussels....

And don't kid about the shirt... you know what's gonna happen!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    LukinFan wrote:
    there are for sure..!!!have one from miami...oh shit..is miami in florida,right?? :roll:
    it sure is - I'll check out Ft. Lauderdale (real close to Miami) when I go down there this summer
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Will get you Brussels....

And don't kid about the shirt... you know what's gonna happen!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just spoke to G. She will be sending her Brussels one to you (it's got the Manneken Pis in it). Will have to be next week as post office now closed until Tuesday.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Just spoke to G. She will be sending her Brussels one to you (it's got the Manneken Pis in it). Will have to be next week as post office now closed until Tuesday.
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!Thanks Rita!!!!did have time to search last time i was at Brussels... :D