ATLANTA 94 - Best Show Ever!!!

13»

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    I got a professionally produced copy of this show from a radio connection in 1994 since this was the show broadcast on radio. I've been a fan since 1991 and my buddy, UncleJosh longer. We were just chilling a couple of nights ago in the parking lot tailgating for DMB (6/25) in Mansfield and we played this CD in its entirety. There is just something magical about this show that I cannot describe. I get chills when I hear it and very fond memories when listening to it. Top to bottom a very chill setlist, but more than the setlist, it just was a perfect show to me. The crowd, the aura, the ebb and flow of the music.....PERFECTION PERSONIFIED.

set: Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Even Flow, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II), Go, Animal, Garden, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Blood/(Not for You), WMA, Better Man, Elderly Woman, Rats, Satan's Bed, Once, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Androgynous Mind), Indifference

You are crazy. No show could possibly be the best unless it takes place in MSG or the Gorge. Get with the program here. Atlanta? Please. How can Atlanta have a great show when all of the best fans are in the Northeast and Seattle? Crazy YourDirtisMyfood, just crazy.

Hell they didn't even play In My Tree.

Sarcasm.
  • alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    Deep...

holy shit.

sorry. just listening through this tonight with a few beers.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    great thread!
    ive thought this is the greatest PJ show of all time ever since i heard it years ago

eddie's voice is at its booming baritone best, Mike rips it up on guitar hardcore and flashes through those scales at lightning pace, and the band just generally sounds at their best

release - awesome opener, eddies booming voice sounds so much better than recent versions of release
    songs like RVM, whipping, evenflow, blood, porch, alive, deep, animal, go, state of love and trust are all played fiercely where the band sounds almost angry.

Garden - Mikes solo - oh my fucking gosh, does it get any better? each note is like a fire burning, so intense

Black - one of the greatest versions imo, eddie pleading, 'oh no they don't understand, oh they don't understand, we belong together, together'

Porch - Awesome long version with a great solo by mike and ed playing some of androgynous (sp?) mind etc

Alive - the end solo is awesome and you can clearly hear the crowd yell YEAH as mike flys through and around that Emin scale

plus you get to hear a great version of indifference and WMA.

best PJ boot ever!

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    my second or third pj boot...probably paid 40-50 bucks....best money i ever spent....remember getting Vitalogy and listening to satans bed and thinking "i thought this was already in love" :o

best show ever? too subjective....many shows are great for various reasons

one of the best? FUCKING A IT IS!!!!!! :)
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    4/12/94 was better
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    You are crazy. No show could possibly be the best unless it takes place in MSG or the Gorge. Get with the program here. Atlanta? Please. How can Atlanta have a great show when all of the best fans are in the Northeast and Seattle? Crazy YourDirtisMyfood, just crazy.

Hell they didn't even play In My Tree.

Sarcasm.

Haha, great post!

Still no video of atlanta??

And I don't think 4/12/94 was better, just a cooler setlist:) The Atlanta recording and performance is superior I think. 4/12/94 has a really nice video though.
    I will swallow poison
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    too funny.

i was just thinking of this boot today,and how out of all i have,this is one i still dig out to listen to time after time.

i also recorded this the night of it's broadcast,and wore that tape out and a copy i had made off my master recording......

best version of garden for me.....

and who is harvey leeds?

this name was also used before leash at the recent camden show.....

peace
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    the unseen wrote:
    too funny.

i was just thinking of this boot today,and how out of all i have,this is one i still dig out to listen to time after time.

i also recorded this the night of it's broadcast,and wore that tape out and a copy i had made off my master recording......

best version of garden for me.....

peace

oh definitely! "garden" was amazing at that show! i love how mike holds that initial note for sooooo long. chills man!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    I don't know about best one ever, but this will never be out of my fav 5
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 472
    This show is really a link to all my early PJ memories.......

-Trying to get tix on this tour, as a 15 year old (unsuccessful)
    -Watching the two MTV award show performances, and Unplugged, about 10 times a day.
    -After the fact, finding a bootleg of this one, along with a couple others, in a shop, priced at 45 bucks a piece. ( I bought the other two! NewOrleans, and one that had the Doors HOF along with a BabaOReilly cover that OWNED, i have no idea from what date or show)

Anyways, i had heard about this show ahead of time, local radio broadcast, and i locked myself in my parent's bedroom about half hour ahead of time with 2 cassettes, and a bunch of food and drink. Taped it, and sat there huddled in a corner with headphones on, just freaking out how good EVERY song was. Release into Rearviewmirror into Whipping just blew my mind. Forever. Garden's solo, amazing. Black, amazing. Porch, which i cut in half over two sides of tape is one of my fave versions. First time hearing Betterman and Satan's Bed, amazing. Indifference, religious.

I've listened to this show 100's of times. Can't say enough.

cheers

aaron
  • pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    Got this on cd too, the professional version. I got lucky and got tickets to see the show at the Paramount in NYC and then like two weeks later I get an envelope in the mail with these two bootleg cd's in it!! Cool bonus!!! Still listen to it all the time! Wish it didn't have that annoying long pause in between the encores though (sounds like ping pong balls or something and that guy going "Whaaat?")!!
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Happy 29 years old.  Still my favorite concert.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,806
    Remember listening/taping from the radio in my bedroom north of Atlanta back in the day. Amazing show and my first “live experience” of the band!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited April 2023
    For anyone who owns the Vs. and Vitalogy box sets from 2011, you can make an absolutely killer 1994 live mix with with the Atlanta show and the orpheum 1994 show. 

You can pull immortality, hard to imagine, oceans, alone, not for you, tremor Christ and yellow ledbetter and dirty frank (<<<if you so choose) from the orpheum and mix it in with Atlanta creating a 33/34 song setlist that flows pretty well.

Footsteps, wash, and breath (and a few covers) are about the only songs missing that were in the live rotation at that time.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    My favorite EvenFlow there’s none better 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,193
    My favorite EvenFlow there’s none better 

4.30.03 IMO.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    For anyone who owns the Vs. and Vitalogy box sets from 2011, you can make an absolutely killer 1994 live mix with with the Atlanta show and the orpheum 1994 show. 

You can pull immortality, hard to imagine, oceans, alone, not for you, tremor Christ and yellow ledbetter and dirty frank (<<<if you so choose) from the orpheum and mix it in with Atlanta creating a 33/34 song setlist that flows pretty well.

Footsteps, wash, and breath (and a few covers) are about the only songs missing that were in the live rotation at that time.
    Unfortunately, no Leash either. :(

For this reason, I’ve pulled from the Vegas and Seattle’93 vault releases to make some pretty cool compilations.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,193
    Hopefully 10club will deliver & release it's Vault 11 vinyl release of Atlanta '94.