ATLANTA 94 - Best Show Ever!!!

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,633
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I got a professionally produced copy of this show from a radio connection in 1994 since this was the show broadcast on radio. I've been a fan since 1991 and my buddy, UncleJosh longer. We were just chilling a couple of nights ago in the parking lot tailgating for DMB (6/25) in Mansfield and we played this CD in its entirety. There is just something magical about this show that I cannot describe. I get chills when I hear it and very fond memories when listening to it. Top to bottom a very chill setlist, but more than the setlist, it just was a perfect show to me. The crowd, the aura, the ebb and flow of the music.....PERFECTION PERSONIFIED.

set: Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Even Flow, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II), Go, Animal, Garden, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Blood/(Not for You), WMA, Better Man, Elderly Woman, Rats, Satan's Bed, Once, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Androgynous Mind), Indifference
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    I got a professionally produced copy of this show from a radio connection in 1994 since this was the show broadcast on radio. I've been a fan since 1991 and my buddy, UncleJosh longer. We were just chilling a couple of nights ago in the parking lot tailgating for DMB (6/25) in Mansfield and we played this CD in its entirety. There is just something magical about this show that I cannot describe. I get chills when I hear it and very fond memories when listening to it. Top to bottom a very chill setlist, but more than the setlist, it just was a perfect show to me. The crowd, the aura, the ebb and flow of the music.....PERFECTION PERSONIFIED.

set: Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Even Flow, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II), Go, Animal, Garden, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Blood/(Not for You), WMA, Better Man, Elderly Woman, Rats, Satan's Bed, Once, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Androgynous Mind), Indifference
    upload that bitch and post a link :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    we columbia (SC) fans would love to hear another great show like this one!

can you post a DL link for that bad boy
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • yes pls

Will talk to my bud as we're driving shortly to Hartford. There has to be Torrents out there with similar quality.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    this when " Already In Love " was played ? .

awesome show.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    this when " Already In Love " was played ? .

awesome show.

It was and is completely awesome. S-Bed rocked! I'm sure there are people who taped it off the radio, as I have a tape somewhere and boots exist. Will work on an upload.

who made, who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    i have these boots ( 2 CdS ) ON CD
    platessmall.jpg
  • i have this show on cd too man its good. Ed tells the trilogy story in it and play Once footsteps and Alive back to back that my highlite
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
    Will talk to my bud as we're driving shortly to Hartford. There has to be Torrents out there with similar quality.
    not with professional quality

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

:D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• wolfman wrote:
    i have this show on cd too man its good. Ed tells the trilogy story in it and play Once footsteps and Alive back to back that my highlite

It really is the best show ever. Absolutely perfect to listen with buddies when tailgating. Just kickass.
    It really is the best show ever. Absolutely perfect to listen with buddies when tailgating. Just kickass.
    upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Oh the memories. Awesome show. Great thread! :)
    model role model
  • LukinFan wrote:
    not with professional quality

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

upload
    upload
    upload that bitch

:D

It's an excellent quality sounding CD, but you're definition of professional vs. mine might be different. Not sure if he got it right from the soundboard or not, but it's very good. Might be the same quality as the other boots existing.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• I never used torrents before. Is there a program I need to download to access the torrents?
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 323
    I bought that show on a bootleg CD shortly after it came out. This thread brings back so many memories of listening to that show in high school and college. It's definitely one of those "epic" shows that everyone needs to hear once. It was incredible, and had a few songs that would show up on Vitalogy later. I might be wrong, but I think this show was right before Cobain's suicide, and in the intro to Go, Ed said, "this ones for Kurt." Ed also climbed the lighting scaffolding and threw a dummy dressed like him down during the Porch jam.

Here're the setlist notes from fivehorizons.com

04/03/94 - Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA [150m]
    attendance: 4,500
    support act: King's X
    soundcheck: (partial list) Go, Better Man, WMA (X2), Manic Depression (Jeff & Stone w/ King's X singer and drummer)
    notes: Jeff joins Kings' X, playing bass on the Hendrix cover, 'Manic Depression.' King's X vocalist Doug Pinnick and drummer Jerry Gaskill help out during 'WMA' Some lyrics from 'Not for You' are thrown in at the end of 'Blood.' Prior to a super 'Sonic Reducer,' Ed starts playing drums and Dave announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, Dave Abbruzzese!" Jeff chimes in, "Otherwise known as 'Four Feet'." Dave then mocks the crowd's earlier chants of "Eddie, Eddie!" by mumbling "Ed" several times into the mic, before returning to the drum set. A bit of 'Satan's Bed' ("torture follows reward") is mixed into 'Rats.' Before 'Porch,' Ed says, "I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight," referring to a large banner handed to him, which reads, "Eddie vs. Atlanta." Meanwhile, the band is jamming to the Kiss song, 'Detroit Rock City.' During the long jam during the middle of this incredible version of 'Porch,' Ed throws his mic stand at a huge replica of the "boy on the cross" figurine (depicted in the Vs. book) hanging in the background. Ed dons a Cincinnati Bengals helmet and the gold bat wings and climbs the lighting rig above the stage. Staying there through most of the jam, he throws down a dummy wearing a similar outfit. The crowd screams, thinking that Ed has fallen, but he reappears, and starts singing again. Jeff kicks the dummy into the crowd where it is ripped to pieces. Ed returns to the stage using only his hands on the rope ladder with his feet dangling. A snippet of Sonic Youth's 'Androgynous Mind' is intermingled in 'Porch' (and the original played during Ed's DJ show later). The lights are turned up after 'Porch' and at least half of the crowd leaves, missing 'Indifference.' This show was broadcast on radio, as well as Ed's 45-minute DJ session from a van after the show. (The original Monkeywrench Radio?).
    [Ed's DJ set: Cigarettes (King's X), I Only Play for Money (The Frogs), A Little Story (Daniel Johnson), Joy Without Pleasure (Daniel Johnson), Androgynous Mind (Sonic Youth), In the Blood (Mudhoney), Disconnect (Rollins Band), Baby Drop (Shudder to Think), Let Down Left Out Laughed At (Eleven), Dock of the Bay (PJ w/ Steve Cropper 3/26/94)]
    At the end of the broadcast, Ed says, "... umm, Pete Townshend and uh (laughs) ... Kurt Cobain. Hope he's all right, please be all right. Thanks for letting us come into your houses and your cars and your ears (laughs) and uh, sorry about the mess. Sorry we left a mess. I'll see you guys later take care... bye."
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • Yeah, he did some radio DJ stuff right after. Those were the days. I liked when he played radio DJ.

But you're right. Epic is the word (irony considering their label once). You have to hear this show at least once. Preferabbly with car speakers blasting as you tailgate!
  • I'll never forget waking up in my bro's room at 4.30am or whatever to tune into BBC Radio 1 and listening to it, hearing Better Man for the first time. I always love Satans Bed going into Once, the "torture, follows reward..." bit and then "it's a beautiful place here in Atlanta" and into Once. Man an amazing show and yeah because it was the first MW radio show and is the time that defines me from being your average fan to a rabid fan I'll go for this as the best show ever but man it's a tough call.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Best show!

Beautiful and atmospheric recording!
    I will swallow poison
  • JboogieJboogie Posts: 34
    Just played this show at work yesterday,great show!
  • guys you can also get it directly from here:

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/

go to "complete shows"
    member number: 198,xxx
  • wolfman wrote:
    i have this show on cd too man its good. Ed tells the trilogy story in it and play Once footsteps and Alive back to back that my highlite

I don't think we're talking about the same show. They didn't play footsteps, and alive and once weren't played back to back.
  • A strange thing about this show is that 'Whipping', 'Satan's bed', Better man', and 'Sonic reducer' were left off the official Dissident 3-cd set release. I suppose it was because Vitalogy hadn't been released yet. I happen to have the 'Better man', and 'Satan's bed' performances from another bootleg. By far my favorite version of 'Satan's bed' EVER, and the 'Better man' clip has the audio of Ed talking before the song where he says(in his best Elvis voice I may add) "This is a new song, but it was written a long time ago...this is dedicated to the bastard that married my mama". Most boots are missing that audio.
  • guys you can also get it directly from here:

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/

go to "complete shows"

thanks. I listened to this at work yesterday as well. Just a great setlist. I listen to this when I tailgate. Just a magical time.
    model role model
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    One of my favorite shows of all time.

It is available for download on this thread... http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=292043
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    This show does rock. I have it on my I Pod and I always find myself going back to it. Just electric from pillar to post.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Great Release opener, Great Indifference closer, Great WMA, First Betterman, Satans Bed, Whipping, Daughter, Porch, Rearview, oh my lord. Just for atmosphere and ebb and flow alone, it's THEE show of all time. Thee measuring stick.
    model role model
    Private Radio
    platessmall.jpg
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Gotta love that version of State of love and trust too! None better!
    I will swallow poison